News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

UpDate - First Nation in Kamloops Kid Burial Sites - Where Are the Bodies???

Started by cc, May 28, 2021, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414137 time=1624492906 user_id=88
Yes. It's in the beautiful and lush Qu'Appelle Valley, at a level far below the prairie itself

How far is it from you?

I was wrong. I thought it was near Swift Current/Maple Creek area. It's South of Yorkton. I live close to Kindersley. It's over five hundred clicks from my farm.

cc

It is about 10 minutes north of Broadview

I used to shop in what I think I recall as Yorkton while we stayed in the valley
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414141 time=1624493537 user_id=88
It is about 10 minutes north of Broadview

I used to shop in what I think I recall as Yorkton while we stayed in the valley

Ya, in the Eastern part of the province near the Manitoba border. Broadview is South of Yorkton. Yorkton is considered one of the armpits of this province along with Prince Albert and North Battleford.

Berry Sweet

The number is going to keep rising.  It's pretty obvious they tried to eradicate their race...we all knew that before all this evidence finally appeared.  It was widely ignored.

I remember learning very little about Indigenous people in school...we learned about the small pox incident...I remember going to the library and looking stuff up (before internet was popular) I don't where I read this but there over 100 million of these people, perhaps more...I always questioned what happened to all of them...there was never any answers.

Canada has quite a history...and not all of it is good.  There was Japanese POW here in BC (including children)...let's not get started on the railway...so, so much shit that happened...and it never gets talked about.

I'm glad we are now at an age where people are speaking up more and bringing awareness to issues that deserve some light...anyhow...im just trailing on...

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=414151 time=1624496153 user_id=164
The number is going to keep rising.  It's pretty obvious they tried to eradicate their race...we all knew that before all this evidence finally appeared.  It was widely ignored.

I remember learning very little about Indigenous people in school...we learned about the small pox incident...I remember going to the library and looking stuff up (before internet was popular) I don't where I read this but there over 100 million of these people, perhaps more...I always questioned what happened to all of them...there was never any answers.

Canada has quite a history...and not all of it is good.  There was Japanese POW here in BC (including children)...let's not get started on the railway...so, so much shit that happened...and it never gets talked about.

I'm glad we are now at an age where people are speaking up more and bringing awareness to issues that deserve some light...anyhow...im just trailing on...

Who is the "they" that you think planned a genocide?

Canada is one of the few countries that acknowledges mistakes of the past. However, since the July 1, 1867 there hasn't been a planned genocide.

cc

It was each individual church schools that did it  .. albeit with zero oversight from the Federal Govt that authorized each native school

Before this is done with, I'm expecting to see huge numbers of schools and victims

I have heard rumblings of this inside native communities for a very long time

Thiel

Quote from: cc post_id=414196 time=1624567220 user_id=88
It was each individual church schools that did it  .. albeit with zero oversight from the Federal Govt that authorized each native school

Before this is done with, I'm expecting to see huge numbers of schools and victims

I have heard rumblings of this inside native communities for a very long time

I haven't had a lot of interaction with reserves, but a lot with Natives themselves. I do live in Winnipeg. I wasn't expecting this.
gay, conservative and proud

cc

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/this-is-what-it-will-take-to-identify-hundreds-of-remains-in-unmarked-graves-at-residential-schools-1.5484190">This is what it will take to identify hundreds of remains in unmarked graves at residential schools

Forensic experts say identifying the remains of Indigenous children and adults buried at former residential schools is a painstaking process that could take decades.

More in the link above

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414268 time=1624590669 user_id=88
https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/safoyhgq/smno/p2/canada/this-is-what-it-will-take-to-identify-hundreds-of-remains-in-unmarked-graves-at-residential-schools-1.5484190">This is what it will take to identify hundreds of remains in unmarked graves at residential schools

Forensic experts say identifying the remains of Indigenous children and adults buried at former residential schools is a painstaking process that could take decades.

More in the link above

Their identities are the first priority, but how they died is important too.

Thiel

I don't know what will happen, but I hope it's not another expensive, wasteful royal commission.

cc

Quote from: Thiel post_id=414277 time=1624594630 user_id=1688
I don't know what will happen, but I hope it's not another expensive, wasteful royal commission.
This is so massive (with who knows how many more to come) that it is taking on a life of it's own

I don't think the public will let it die on the vine. Further, each site will be run by the natives, not the Feds ... Kamloops already is in fact running the whole show  (wasting no time)..

As to blame, that could go south. Dunno yet who will investigate

Thiel

Quote from: cc post_id=414282 time=1624596163 user_id=88
Quote from: Thiel post_id=414277 time=1624594630 user_id=1688
I don't know what will happen, but I h(ope) it's not another expensive, wasteful royal commission.
This is so massive (with who knows how many more to come) that it is taking on a life of it's own

I don't think the public will let it die on the vine. Further, each site will be run by the natives, not the Feds ... Kamloops already is in fact running the whole show  (wasting no time)..

As to blame, that could go south. Dunno yet who will investigate

I know it won't go away and I'm not suggesting it should. I have seen enough royal commissions in my life and I have yet to see one that is of any benefit to the average Canadian native.

cc

Agreed. They will need something more efficient than those royal commissions of which none has ever gone anywhere

When one gets down to it, it is criminal .. thus needs RCMP and / or CSIS to investigate with any specialized help hired or contracted with .. in conjunction with well chosen natives .. then special prosecutors.

I realize that  most if not all perps are dead now, but the churches and govt needs to be held accountable including the individuals found to be involved. With the numbers so high for just 2 schools (and for the  Cowessess one only a portion was examined, deliberately because of the scale) , murder has to have taken place and obviously this took place coast to coast

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414306 time=1624640757 user_id=88
Agreed. They will need something more efficient than those royal commissions of which none has ever gone anywhere

When one gets down to it, it is criminal .. thus needs RCMP and / or CSIS to investigate with any specialized help hired or contracted with .. in conjunction with well chosen natives .. then special prosecutors.

I realize that  most if not all perps are dead now, but the churches and govt needs to be held accountable including the individuals found to be involved. With the numbers so high for just 2 schools (and for the  Cowessess one only a portion was examined, deliberately because of the scale) , murder has to have taken place and obviously this took place coast to coast

I say all of us will be held accountable in the forum of new funding for Indian leaders and the Indian industry, and higher taxes for us.