News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

The Tartan Dragon Has 30,000 Views Already !

Started by Gary Oak, February 11, 2014, 09:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gary Oak

The Tartan Dragon thread about the epic illustrious historical novel by John Mclean already has over 30,000 views already ! :D  Most second hand copies have already been bought but there is hope that readers here too can get a copy for themselves. Ghost and Real Woman read it and learned  alot about Hong Kong's fascinating history and culture at the same time. :D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"The Tartan Dragon thread about the epic illustrious historical novel by John Mclean already has over 30,000 views already ! :D  Most second hand copies have already been bought but there is hope that readers here too can get a copy for themselves. Ghost and Real Woman read it and learned  alot about Hong Kong's fascinating history and culture at the same time. :D

I don't know about Ms. ghost, but Ms. Real Woman did not seem to share your glowing review of that novel.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"The Tartan Dragon thread about the epic illustrious historical novel by John Mclean already has over 30,000 views already ! :D  Most second hand copies have already been bought but there is hope that readers here too can get a copy for themselves. Ghost and Real Woman read it and learned  alot about Hong Kong's fascinating history and culture at the same time. :D

Half of those hits were from you and conan's little shadow Hornydung.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Half of the posts were from only a few posters, but there is no way of knowing that about the hits.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

Half of the posts were from only a few posters, but there is no way of knowing that about the hits.

The China Watch thread had the same 2-3 obsessed lunatics following conan/Oak around. I believe it had 18,000 plus posts and I don't know how many hits.

Green_Hornet

It looks like Nova Scotia just passed a law to prevent cyberbully.  Are you listening cyberbullies, Shen Li, Gary Oak and Odinson?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/n-s-court-issues-cyberbullying-prevention-order-in-legal-first-1.1680749">http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/n-s-court- ... -1.1680749">http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/n-s-court-issues-cyberbullying-prevention-order-in-legal-first-1.1680749

Canadian Bill C-13 has been introduced to deal with cyberbullying.

">http://www.parl.gc.ca/content/hoc/Bills ... C-13_1.PDF">

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Get a life sonny

He is a stud though.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYwOY0WQHVjNv3n6pBYFACAQa8lZeziAagqWxikqbH6rtcPHAqYw">

Odinson

Did you know that there was a black populace in nazi-Germany?

They didnt get sent to the camps. They actually served in the wehrmacht.

They werent allowed to mix with the "herrenvolk" because Hitlers regime wanted to keep the master-race pure.

Odinson

Curious isnt it?

The real nazis were not against africans.

RW

This is how Gary gets his jollies.

Gary, good books don't get "views" on forums.  They get sold.  I doubt Tartan Dragon sold more than 30 copies with 25 of them being bought by friends and family of John McLean and the other 5 by you.

For those wondering, which I am sure none of you are, some of the "historical facts" of this book are obviously incorrect putting the accuracy of the novel into question.  If you like reading fiction that is rife with palpatible racism, love the word c00lie (which the writer uses upwards of 7 times in a two page spread), enjoy distractingly bad grammar and excessive use of the semi-colon, then this book is right up your alley.

As I said in earlier reviews, I wouldn't line a bird cage with the thing.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"This is how Gary gets his jollies.

Gary, good books don't get "views" on forums.  They get sold.  I doubt Tartan Dragon sold more than 30 copies with 25 of them being bought by friends and family of John McLean and the other 5 by you.

For those wondering, which I am sure none of you are, some of the "historical facts" of this book are obviously incorrect putting the accuracy of the novel into question.  If you like reading fiction that is rife with palpatible racism, love the word c00lie (which the writer uses upwards of 7 times in a two page spread), enjoy distractingly bad grammar and excessive use of the semi-colon, then this book is right up your alley.

As I said in earlier reviews, I wouldn't line a bird cage with the thing.

You actually read the damned thing eh? Wow, I sure wouldn't let the likes of Oak pressure me into buying anything, let alone some fucking book one of his buddies probably wrote.

RW

I did.  It was painful.

Ghost was kind enough to send me her copy.  I made a deal with Gary.  He had to read Grapes of Wrath and I'd read this piece of shit.  He clearly got the better end of that deal.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I did.  It was painful.

Ghost was kind enough to send me her copy.  I made a deal with Gary.  He had to read Grapes of Wrath and I'd read this piece of shit.  He clearly got the better end of that deal.

Ghost read it too?? That is equally shocking. :shock:

RW

I think she only made it half way before throwing in the towel.

It's one of those train wreck scenarios.
Beware of Gaslighters!