News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Digital Passports aren't designed for health....

Started by Frood, November 26, 2021, 01:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

Sorry to let the air out of your beach ball

but

Maybe someone really nice like me will let you watch through the window

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=429063 time=1638427481 user_id=88

Well if Aussies are stupid enough to not require valid picture ID (driver's license) to be matched to certificate & face on every entry .. I'm glad I left the land of idiots barely up to" the other OZ"... hopeless idiots

In other words, a domestic passport.

Our government is rather tentative, because this land of idiots might well think about how we vote at the next election.

Unlike Canada.

Frood

cc is so Karen, she's increasingly compelling two long time adversarial parties to agree with each other, much to their mutually shared chagrin...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

^^ I never did understand gibberish, but considering source .... once translated into a people's language, it will be vindictive

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429072 time=1638431075 user_id=1560
Quote from: cc post_id=429063 time=1638427481 user_id=88

Well if Aussies are stupid enough to not require valid picture ID (driver's license) to be matched to certificate & face on every entry .. I'm glad I left the land of idiots barely up to" the other OZ"... hopeless idiots

In other words, a domestic passport.

Our government is rather tentative, because this land of idiots might well think about how we vote at the next election.

Unlike Canada.

Ok, so what was Dink talking about copying?  .. From what he and you said, it sounded like official proof of vax like what we have??????

To use it here, photo ID is required  .. without which it would be meaningless .. quite silly in fact. I'm assuming OZ is sharp enough to require that?? .. although I'm now a bit confused as your above post seems contradictory to proof ???

Bricktop

At this time, the only proof supplied by the government is a digital certificate attached to your health care file. It's just a PDF with your name on it, nothing more.

They do provide a government certified document if you intend to travel overseas linked to your passport, which of course must be presented at port of entry anyway.

There has been much hostility and resistance to adopting a "passport" which would include photo ID. However, such a move has a lot of legal AND social implications that Australians are not comfortable with.

A rather comely young woman presents at the door of a popular nightclub. She is asked to present proof of vaccination. She shows her certificate and DRIVERS LICENCE, which displays her address.

Nope. Not good.

Government documents such as drivers licence can only be produced on request from a lawful authority. Non government authorities and individuals have no right to ask for a drivers licence, only proof of ID for lawful reasons (such as entering a licenced premises needing an age check or buying alcohol).

The only alternative is to follow Europe's path (never a good idea) and simply ostracise unvaccinated people from all facets of daily living.

Is this the world you want to live in?

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=429073 time=1638433218 user_id=1676
cc is so Karen, she's increasingly compelling two long time adversarial parties to agree with each other, much to their mutually shared chagrin...

That's no small feat.

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429108 time=1638485732 user_id=1560 She shows her certificate and DRIVERS LICENCE, which displays her address.

Happens in most areas a lot when bar HAS TO check age (unless obviously of legal age)  .. or be fined for serving underage

Jeez, I had to do that when around legal age .. and never felt all "principley"

Bricktop

You are comparing a voluntary display of personal information to gain access to a place of recreation where the person can make a choice about entering or not and the presentation of proof of age is a discretionary requirement, with a mandatory requirement to produce personal details to access cafes, theatres, parks, places of employment, restaurants, schools, sports arenas and most public places.

Also, in Australia, the government will issue proof of age cards to people over 18 that does not display personal information.

Now, that, of course suggests that the government could do the same for vaccinated people. But can you imagine the cost, bureaucracy and systems that would need to be implemented for this to happen???

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429124 time=1638501051 user_id=1560
You are comparing a voluntary display of personal information to gain access to a place of recreation where the person can make a choice about entering or not and the presentation of proof of age is a discretionary requirement, with a mandatory requirement to produce personal details to access cafes, theatres, parks, places of employment, restaurants, schools, sports arenas and most public places.

Also, in Australia, the government will issue proof of age cards to people over 18 that does not display personal information.

Now, that, of course suggests that the government could do the same for vaccinated people. But can you imagine the cost, bureaucracy and systems that would need to be implemented for this to happen???

...and the loss of liberty for countless otherwise healthy people.

Western nations are literally becoming fascist for something which the goalposts are moved constantly over mere months between dictates....
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Another problem for governments who deny access to unvaxxed people will be voting.

Voting is compulsory. So, if unvaxxed are excluded from voting booths, their rights to vote are taken from them...a clear breach of the constitution.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429124 time=1638501051 user_id=1560

We have a QR code on our phones that only display names and addresses.