News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

How many days,weeks, months before a war with Russia happens?

Started by Frood, December 18, 2021, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Frood

They won't put troops on the US border to stop that invasion yet they crow about Russia putting troops on its own border to deter NATO positioning missiles in the Ukraine.

Total madness....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

The U.S. Department of Defense's top spokesman warned Sunday that Russia could invade Ukraine "at any time."

Bricktop

Putin is painting himself in a corner. If he does attack Ukraine, he will cause a major re-assessment of NATO's strategy regarding its member States. NATO will need to bolster its forces in Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and perhaps Albania and Romania...in effect tightening the circle around Russian borders.

If he doesn't attack, he will be seen as a bluffer with no fortitude.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=437233 time=1643667595 user_id=1560
Putin is painting himself in a corner. If he does attack Ukraine, he will cause a major re-assessment of NATO's strategy regarding its member States. NATO will need to bolster its forces in Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and perhaps Albania and Romania...in effect tightening the circle around Russian borders.

If he doesn't attack, he will be seen as a bluffer with no fortitude.

I am not convinced an invasion of Ukraine will result in a containment strategy for NATO.

Bricktop

It's all a matter of conjecture right now. But what is clear is that if Putin pulls the pin, the world won't be the same, and Europe will be back to it's 1935 jitters. If NATO fails to respond, why not Lithuania? Estonia? Or Finland? Finland is not even part of NATO.

Putin is testing NATO because the West seems soft and weak. Putin has demonstrated his willingness to use military force in the past and will probably continue to do so unless he feels the price for engagement is too high. This is NATO's challenge.

The absurd logic that makes the West think sanctions are any form of deterrence is ludicrous. They have not changed Iran, North Korea or Cuba's policies and conduct. They sure as shit won't change Russia's.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=437260 time=1643673785 user_id=1560
It's all a matter of conjecture right now. But what is clear is that if Putin pulls the pin, the world won't be the same, and Europe will be back to it's 1935 jitters. If NATO fails to respond, why not Lithuania? Estonia? Or Finland? Finland is not even part of NATO.

Putin is testing NATO because the West seems soft and weak. Putin has demonstrated his willingness to use military force in the past and will probably continue to do so unless he feels the price for engagement is too high. This is NATO's challenge.

The absurd logic that makes the West think sanctions are any form of deterrence is ludicrous. They have not changed Iran, North Korea or Cuba's policies and conduct. They sure as shit won't change Russia's.

I don't see the will in NATO to defend corrupt Ukraine let alone much else.

Bricktop

Nor I.

But on the flip side, they cannot sit idly by and not react to Russian aggression. That is the very reason NATO exists!!

However, I see no consequence that doesn't eventually harm Russian interests, other than NATO, the EU and non aligned States sit down and discuss how best to achieve a peaceful and safe Europe.

We in the Western sphere outside of Europe, the US, NZ, you guys and us don't appreciate how complex European politics and relationships are. They all share numerous borders with each other, and war spreads like Covid if it gets out of hand.

I'm on the same page as Freud. The West has created this dilemma by closing in on Russia with expanded military resources moving ever closer to their borders. Putin is saying enough is enough, because it is very clear that in the near future Ukraine will apply to join NATO to ensure its own security, and Russia will regard the stationing of NATO first strike weapons 300km from Moscow an act of aggression.

As much as we'd like to think Europe has learned from WW2, it becomes increasingly clear they haven't.

Personally, I'm grateful I don't live in Europe in these times.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=437284 time=1643676409 user_id=1560
Nor I.

But on the flip side, they cannot sit idly by and not react to Russian aggression. That is the very reason NATO exists!!

However, I see no consequence that doesn't eventually harm Russian interests, other than NATO, the EU and non aligned States sit down and discuss how best to achieve a peaceful and safe Europe.

We in the Western sphere outside of Europe, the US, NZ, you guys and us don't appreciate how complex European politics and relationships are. They all share numerous borders with each other, and war spreads like Covid if it gets out of hand.

I'm on the same page as Freud. The West has created this dilemma by closing in on Russia with expanded military resources moving ever closer to their borders. Putin is saying enough is enough, because it is very clear that in the near future Ukraine will apply to join NATO to ensure its own security, and Russia will regard the stationing of NATO first strike weapons 300km from Moscow an act of aggression.

As much as we'd like to think Europe has learned from WW2, it becomes increasingly clear they haven't.

Personally, I'm grateful I don't live in Europe in these times.

Russia isn't being aggressive to a NATO member.

Frood

It's not being aggressive to anyone... at least no more so than what's being aggressively done to them. They've been very measured.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I just saw a headline.....the White House no longer believes an invasion of Ukraine is imminent.

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=437575 time=1643817334 user_id=1676
It's not being aggressive to anyone... at least no more so than what's being aggressively done to them. They've been very measured.

I'll buy you a cheap seats ticket
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Has anyone heard from that bastion of global harmony and human freedoms, the UN, lately?

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=437598 time=1643839015 user_id=88
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=437575 time=1643817334 user_id=1676

I'll buy you a cheap seats ticket

Spend the money on restraints and a ball gag for yourself....
Blahhhhhh...