News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10414
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 22, 2024, 08:17:40 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

How many days,weeks, months before a war with Russia happens?

Started by Frood, December 18, 2021, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=442509 time=1646496302 user_id=3254
Quote from: Odinson post_id=442502 time=1646487351 user_id=136
Why is Ukraine lying about the civilian casualties?

What are the real figures Odi?

I dont know but they are considerably higher than a few hundred.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=442512 time=1646498752 user_id=136

Why do Ukrainian officials want the numbers to seem lower than what they are?

I can understand why Russia wants civilian casualty figures to appear lower, but why would Ukraine?

Odinson

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=442514 time=1646498971 user_id=3254

I can understand why Russia wants civilian casualty figures to appear lower, but why would Ukraine?

The experts in the news are suspecting that the civilian casualties are many thousands.

Few hundred sounds ridiculous.

Maybe the cool Ukrainian President doesnt want people to realize that he is infact surrounded by 2 million human-shields.

His fighters are fighting in heavily populated areas.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=442516 time=1646500658 user_id=136
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=442514 time=1646498971 user_id=3254

The experts in the news are suspecting that the civilian casualties are many thousands.

Few hundred sounds ridiculous.

Maybe the cool Ukrainian President doesnt want people to realize that he is infact surrounded by 2 million human-shields.

His fighters are fighting in heavily populated areas.

If Ukrainians knew the true civilian casualties, they might not contunue to fight....I see, thank you.

Anonymous

Vladimir Putin is starting to get what he wants. German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said that "Ukraine's NATO membership is not on the agenda."

NATO has also rejected Ukraine's appeal for a no-fly zone, prompting fierce criticism from President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=442522 time=1646503435 user_id=114
Vladimir Putin is starting to get what he wants. German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said that "Ukraine's NATO membership is not on the agenda."

NATO has also rejected Ukraine's appeal for a no-fly zone, prompting fierce criticism from President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

Neither could be on the table.

We do fly close to them because they test our & others  borders  ... but just flying against a nuclear power much less shooting "in a war zone" is a whole other thing
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=442526 time=1646506520 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=442522 time=1646503435 user_id=114

Neither could be on the table.

We do fly close to them because they test our & others  borders  ... but just flying against a nuclear power much less shooting "in a war zone" is a whole other thing

NATO membership was on the table. US troop buildups in countries close to Russia was also on the table. Biden rejected all of Russia's reasonable objections to these provocations. The veep even went as far to repeat calls for troop buildups in Eastern Europe and Ukraine in NATO as Russia started to position their military on Ukraine's borders. Biden/Harris instigated this war that Russia didn't want.

NATO should be dissolved. The Warsaw Pact is gone. All it has done for the past 30 fucking years has start wars in the former Yugoslavia and the USSR.

Odinson

Odinson

I´m more concerned about the west turning into an Islamic hellhole.

With gender transitioning kids thrown into the mix.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=442542 time=1646514209 user_id=136
NATO is for pussies.

It was needed long ago.

cw_

Quote from: Odinson post_id=442542 time=1646514209 user_id=136
NATO is for pussies.

Are you calling Finland a pussy?   :swoon:

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=442543 time=1646514389 user_id=136
I´m more concerned about the west turning into an Islamic hellhole.

With gender transitioning kids thrown into the mix.

I don't see the connection between the them?

Bricktop

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=442472 time=1646458168 user_id=56
 "Many Russians see Nato as a vestige of the cold war, inherently directed against their country. They point out that they have disbanded the Warsaw Pact, their military alliance, and ask why the west should not do the same." It was an excellent question, and neither the Clinton administration nor its successors provided even a remotely convincing answer.

I keep meaning to address this point.

Neither the Soviet Union, nor its bastard child Russia "disbanded" the Warsaw Pact.

The members of this pact were the Soviet Union, Poland, Hungary, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria and Romania. If memory serves Yugoslavia was an "ally" but Marshall Tito resisted being a full member.

All of these countries separated from the alliance with the Soviet Union when the Soviet bloc collapsed. The Warsaw Pact ceased to exist.

Russia found itself without "allies" (a better word is puppets) that served no other purpose but to act as a buffer between the Soviet Union and the Western nations. They did not disband it. The other nations walked away by their own choice. It is worth remembering that the Soviet Union invaded two of these countries when they sought to free themselves from Moscow's shackles. The Soviets, aka Russia, was never timid in rolling tanks into other countries to get them to comply.

The collapse of the Warsaw Pact was never a generous gesture of peace and goodwill from Russia. There was no acceptance that the end of that alliance would imply that NATO should pack up and go home.

Whilst I'm sure all members here are experts on NATO's relationship with the West, but it just MIGHT be possible that NATO knows more about the nature of Russian politicians than we do. Putin was a KGB operative. You do not become a member of the KGB's officer ranks without demonstrating an element of barbarity and slavish loyalty to the flag.

Would anyone in this forum trust a Russian politician?

Frood

What a bunch of hogwash. NATO has no reason to exist and hasn't for a long time. But like every bloated organisation or bureaucracy that's lost its mandate, it plods on.
Blahhhhhh...

cw_

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=442570 time=1646544170 user_id=1676
What a bunch of hogwash. NATO has no reason to exist and hasn't for a long time. But like every bloated organisation or bureaucracy that's lost its mandate, it plods on.

">