The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Fighting Back, More Ottawa Residents & Businesses Join Lawsuit against Protesters & Donors - over $300 Million & Growing

Started by cc, February 17, 2022, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

But you are not seeing the beginning of the end of Trudeau's assault on the rights of Canadian citizens.

Hardly a cause for jubiliation.

If this protest had been about climate change, every woman in Canada would have joined in.

cc

Relevant Step 1 post void of female hate,  pessimistic & evasive "buts"...  as Canada maturely takes it one issue at a time

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-protest-occupy-news-updates-feb-17-1.6354814">Step 1 - Police Restrict Access To Ottawa's Core to help local residents get their lives back

Ottawa's interim police chief says officers are working to keep more protesters from getting close to Parliament Hill as they try to end the occupation of downtown streets. "'Only people with lawful reasons' to be there can enter, says interim police chief"

Steve Bell told the Ottawa Police Services Board early Thursday afternoon a major increase of police officers will be seen throughout the core.

"Only those with lawful reason to enter the core, such as residents, businesses and others with lawful reasons, will be allowed in the area," Ottawa police tweeted around the same time as his remarks.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=439882 time=1645134199 user_id=1560
Quote from: cc post_id=439868 time=1645127934 user_id=88
It was about residents and businesses affected - and you knew it

TOO LATE > You cannot wiggle your way out of it

You already made it very clear you support >> "rights for me .... but not for thee"

What about the rights of the MILLIONS of people around the world who lost their jobs, lost vast sums of money, were forced to take a drug and were prevented from attending work if they did not?

What happened to THEIR rights.

Do not speak of rights unless you take into account the rights of ALL, not just panic stricken women who think the world will end without a jab and mask.

That don't matter. Working people had the nerve to question the wisdom of the ultimate intolerant prog prince.

Anonymous

Remember... Two years ago. Six weeks of blockaded rail lines, 60+ ships awaiting unloading at both East & West coasts,

Quebec in dire need of propane which couldn't be shipped via rail due to blockades.

Sabotage, fires, thousands laid off, food/necessities shortages, CN sued for $270M (was dropped), property damaged.

And not once was an Emergencies Act even suggested. Did lawyers sue greenie groups. Not a chance.

Ceec, you are enabling Justine's tyranny.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=439902 time=1645139342 user_id=1689
Ceec, you are enabling Justine's tyranny.

Am I limited to ONLY speaking on getting rid of that piece of trash?  Really?

How does demonstrating  our Capital mess getting cleared out so those people get their lives back enable Justine?

Easy Answer - It doesn't

Would you like them held captive? That won't get him out of our lives.  

Respectfully, Whoa Down!!

Mature people wishing solutions to many problems  deal with each problem (of which Trudy needing to be gone is one)  ONE  at a time  .. just as Windsor dealt with and resolved their lone problem and got vital  trade flowing

No apologies for that given

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=439851 time=1645123674 user_id=88
https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/skkm/sijk/p2/news/canada/ottawa/class-action-protesters-money-1.6355146">What started as a single 21 year old woman suing for the effect on her life and income

has grown to over $300 Million and now includes businesses going after truckers & contributors for loss of revenue

The class-action lawsuit launched by Ottawa residents against protesters in the city's downtown now includes an expanded area to include Sandy Hill and ByWard Market residents.

The team behind the original court action is adding businesses and workers as plaintiffs because they reported lost income, expanding total damages sought from $9.8 million to $306 million, and including a larger geographical area that extends to Somerset Street and the ByWard Market.

Lawyer Paul Champ successfully argued for a court-ordered injunction to silence the honking horns that plagued residents for the initial 11 days of the protest involving hundreds of semi-trucks and people who are against COVID-19 health measures.

Champ said his team is also going to start adding defendants who donated to truckers, as well as the truckers involved, as part of the action. The original suit named five defendants described as organizers but allowed for others to be named at a later date.

The injunction request came out of the proposed class-action lawsuit filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice on Feb. 7 by Champ, who was acting on behalf of Zexi Li, a 21-year-old public servant and downtown Ottawa resident.

https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/skkm/sijk/p2/news/canada/ottawa/zexi-li-ottawa-injunction-trucker-protest-convoy-1.6344503">Meet the 21-year-old Ottawa woman behind the injunction that silenced the honking & started financial lawsuit

I've seen a lot of protests in Ottawa in my lifetime..

Ive never seen the such a draconian response to any of them as there has been to this one..

The government is misusing it's authority and encouraging human rights violations..

This is frightening.

cc

I'd be quite happy to just chase them out and give locals their lives back

We do not need or want   the draconian  stuff. It is disconcerting

Now, locals going after them  ..  (what this thread was created for & is about) .. is not a Govt action, is totally private and every citizen's written  legal right to sue for damages to their lives

All that said - We have a power mad PM to get rid of .. Trudeau 2  ... albeit not as bright, but as vile as Trudeau 1

Trudeau 1 was clever enough to stop just short of creating his own demise.. Trudeau 2 is NOT

cc

I sometimes get the feeling that some prefer to sacrifice their own fellow citizen in Ottawa (so don't even want Ottawa resolved) in the wider goal we all want  ... to get rid of Trudy  

maybe even thought from the start these truckers would do their work for them?

one even accused me of "enabling Justine's tyranny" .. a bit of a shocker in light of my hatred for T2

I am NOT willing to sacrifice my fellow Ottawa citizens for another goal I agree with PERIOD  .. and find that concept repulsive and extremely unpatriotic toward fellow citizens

I want Ottawa cleared out tout de suite + want Trudy gone   .. but will not approve of "using" my fellow citizens in Ottawa to do it

Clean out Ottawa NOW .. & go after Trudy .. truckers cannot and will not do their work for them .. pipe-dreams aside, that was never in the cards

Frood

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=439859 time=1645126263 user_id=3349
Go to the store and stock up NOW.  This is going to get ugly. Truckers will be assaulted, arrested, and maybe killed. The outrage will be so massive that every truck driver in the country is going to stop driving. No food, no gas, no medicine, nothing will be available for weeks. Hunker down and get ready. And, as always, don't forget the manual can opener for when the power goes out.

cc needs to stock up on baked beans, Spam, and Kibble... you know.... for her dinner parties.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=439924 time=1645146154 user_id=88
I sometimes get the feeling that some prefer to sacrifice their own fellow citizen in Ottawa (so don't even want Ottawa resolved) in the wider goal we all want  ... to get rid of Trudy  

maybe even thought from the start these truckers would do their work for them?

one even accused me of "enabling Justine's tyranny" .. a bit of a shocker in light of my hatred for T2

I am NOT willing to sacrifice my fellow Ottawa citizens for another goal I agree with PERIOD  .. and find that concept repulsive and extremely unpatriotic toward fellow citizens

I want Ottawa cleared out tout de suite + want Trudy gone   .. but will not approve of "using" my fellow citizens in Ottawa to do it

Clean out Ottawa NOW .. & go after Trudy .. truckers cannot and will not do their work for them .. pipe-dreams aside, that was never in the cards

Coward
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Yes, I know a lot of people foolishly glommed onto it and tried to make into that because they "wanted it to be"

but, it was not  ever the participant's  objective

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=439851 time=1645123674 user_id=88
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/class-action-protesters-money-1.6355146">What started as a single 21 year old woman suing for the effect on her life and income

has grown to over $300 Million and now includes businesses going after truckers & contributors for loss of revenue

The class-action lawsuit launched by Ottawa residents against protesters in the city's downtown now includes an expanded area to include Sandy Hill and ByWard Market residents.

The team behind the original court action is adding businesses and workers as plaintiffs because they reported lost income, expanding total damages sought from $9.8 million to $306 million, and including a larger geographical area that extends to Somerset Street and the ByWard Market.

Lawyer Paul Champ successfully argued for a court-ordered injunction to silence the honking horns that plagued residents for the initial 11 days of the protest involving hundreds of semi-trucks and people who are against COVID-19 health measures.

Champ said his team is also going to start adding defendants who donated to truckers, as well as the truckers involved, as part of the action. The original suit named five defendants described as organizers but allowed for others to be named at a later date.

The injunction request came out of the proposed class-action lawsuit filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice on Feb. 7 by Champ, who was acting on behalf of Zexi Li, a 21-year-old public servant and downtown Ottawa resident.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/zexi-li-ottawa-injunction-trucker-protest-convoy-1.6344503">Meet the 21-year-old Ottawa woman behind the injunction that silenced the honking & started financial lawsuit

Fucking insanity!!

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=439961 time=1645159507 user_id=1560
Canadians going after Canadians.

That will help heal the division.

I doubt the lefty lawyers behind this bullshit suit want to heal divisions.