The best topic

Replies: 10564
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:39:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

I've been busy shitting all over piss stained liberals

Started by Biggie Smiles, March 09, 2022, 12:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 18 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

Quote from: cw_ post_id=446218 time=1649475483 user_id=3226
3) Loan owners could make less of a profit.

'Step by step, Congress has enacted one law after another to make student debt the worst kind of debt for Americans – and the best kind for banks and debt collectors. Today, just about everyone involved in the student loan industry makes money off students – the banks, private investors, even the federal government.'

Can you explain?
The Russian Rock It

cw_

Quote from: Gaon post_id=446229 time=1649479559 user_id=3170

Can you explain?

There is a possible third option other than "Either the person who borrowed the money pays or we pay."

Loans could be restructured to reduce greed and dishonest practices by loan owners and servicers.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=446240 time=1649481847 user_id=3226

Can you explain?

There is a possible third option other than "Either the person who borrowed the money pays or we pay."

Loans could be restructured to reduce greed and dishonest practices by loan owners and servicers.

How do student loans work in the US? I think it's fair here, but still a lot don't repay.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=446243 time=1649482133 user_id=1689
Quote from: cw_ post_id=446240 time=1649481847 user_id=3226

Can you explain?

How do student loans work in the US? I think it's fair here, but still a lot don't repay.

I'd be interested to know the difference too..

But, I don't know a lot about student loans here.

cw_

Brief History of Federal Student Loans

https://library.nclc.org/sl/0103-0">https://library.nclc.org/sl/0103-0

Also,  there was a change the government made in the 1990s to begin charging interest on many student loans while borrowers were in school.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=446254 time=1649484796 user_id=3226
Brief History of Federal Student Loans

https://library.nclc.org/sl/0103-0">https://library.nclc.org/sl/0103-0

Also,  there was a change the government made in the 1990s to begin charging interest on many student loans while borrowers were in school.

I'll read your link later cw_, but that is a key difference between student loans here and in the USA.

Anonymous

I remember when I was a student at Ryerson, I got a combination of grants and loans through the provincial government called OSAP(Ontario Student Assistance Program). Back then we called it the Ontario Stereo Assistance Program. I didn't need the money as I lived at home and my parents paid my tuition and fees. I also worked part time and had savings. But, if you want the grant money, you need to take a loan.

I put all of the money, grants and loans into an ETF that gave a twenty six percent return over four years. I graduated, paid all of the money back from the loan, and then I put a nice sized down payment on my first new car to go with my new job. OSAP was like Santa Claus. :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=446262 time=1649516728 user_id=114
I remember when I was a student at Ryerson, I got a combination of grants and loans through the provincial government called OSAP(Ontario Student Assistance Program). Back then we called it the Ontario Stereo Assistance Program. I didn't need the money as I lived at home and my parents paid my tuition and fees. I also worked part time and had savings. But, if you want the grant money, you need to take a loan.

I put all of the money, grants and loans into an ETF that gave a twenty six percent return over four years. I graduated, paid all of the money back from the loan, and then I put a nice sized down payment on my first new car to go with my new job. OSAP was like Santa Claus. :laugh3:

Ontario is very generous.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=446266 time=1649519924 user_id=3254

Ontario is very generous.

They are buying the votes of young voters.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=446276 time=1649530282 user_id=1689
 OSAP was like Santa Claus. :laugh3:

So, Seoul,  did you vote for your pimp?  :wink:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=446279 time=1649533079 user_id=88
Quote from: Herman post_id=446276 time=1649530282 user_id=1689
 OSAP was like Santa Claus. :laugh3:

So, Seoul,  did you vote for your pimp?  :wink:

Seoul the ultra conservative won't like that.

:laugh:

Anonymous

I was a mechanical engineering student for about a year and a quarter before the booze got the better of me and I dropped out. I took out student loans, never paid them back and they never affected my credit rating. Although I did have creditors chasing me after I got hired at CP. I think it was three years of dodging them.

cc

Hi. Do you really want to put that out there> - this is not the lounge
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cw_

Quote from: cc post_id=446285 time=1649554771 user_id=88
Hi. Do you really want to put that out there> - this is not the lounge

OMG!! There's a lounge??   :ohmy:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview