Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Australian PM concedes election defeat as conservatives ousted

Started by cc, May 21, 2022, 10:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=453653 time=1653672165 user_id=1676
Coal and gas plants drive fertiliser plants...

Brace your yourselves if you don't understand...

Canada exports a lot of potash to Asia for fertilizer production.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=451796 time=1653264548 user_id=3358

The climate always changes, that much we know. But reducing our carbon footprint and reducing population growth will hopefully make a difference in the foreseeable future. We've decimated massive portions of the planet, destroyed vulnerable ecosystems, driven both fauna and flora into extinction...the list goes on and on. I could post almost countless facts of cold hard truths that would go on deaf ears. Humankind is a plague and out numbers need to drop drastically.

I agree that we need to stop destroying the environment and we should fix what we fucked up. I agree 8 billion people living the way we are is too much.

But let's be honest, has humanity destroyed earth so much when compared to some natural disasters? Like A meteor strike? Or an ice age? I think even the super-volcanoes have done more damage. Of course, if we continue doing what we're doing, we could do worse, especially with a nuke war. Depending on how much radioactive material we dump on the surface, we might almost sterilize it. But we haven't done that.

And apparently we won't, because the plan to dominate and control everyone is working just fine.

When you say we're a plague, you're pretty much agreeing with the elite.

There's a spiritual side to all of this. You might think things are out of control, with exception of the billionaires pulling the strings. But there's a lot more than that.

The world is a pretty much fucked place if you try to see it as "home". How can home be that way? And we do see it as a home, although it's more of a school. When you see things under that optic, it makes more sense. And not any kind school, a school that almost a boot camp, almost an institution for those rebellious children who like to act up more than they should.

Unfortunately we're living in the most materialistic times this world has ever seen, so the most important concepts are being quickly lost, before they could really make a impact in the coming generation. But that's also part of the lesson. So, what happens when you follow "your heart"? What happens when you live like there's no soul, no afterlife, no punishment for bad deeds if man's justice doesn't catch you? What happens when you remove God from the equation? What happens when you put your fate on the hands of other men? What happens when you live only to find pleasure and physical satisfaction, when all you care for is comfort?

One things is for sure, there's a factor that nobody takes in consideration and that's the innate beliefs. And we saw a lot of people with certain types of mentality born in the last decades but now, there's a new generation coming. You might try to mold and shape people thoughts, but certain tools you use to achieve that end up bringing unintended effects. When you try to remove the divine from people, you will only make it more prevalent. So the younger ones that are being groomed to accept atheism, will do the opposite, because they'll keep having experiences that defy all that emptiness they're being offered.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Rancidmilko

Frood

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=453670 time=1653676100 user_id=2853

The climate always changes, that much we know. But reducing our carbon footprint and reducing population growth will hopefully make a difference in the foreseeable future. We've decimated massive portions of the planet, destroyed vulnerable ecosystems, driven both fauna and flora into extinction...the list goes on and on. I could post almost countless facts of cold hard truths that would go on deaf ears. Humankind is a plague and out numbers need to drop drastically.

I agree that we need to stop destroying the environment and we should fix what we fucked up. I agree 8 billion people living the way we are is too much.

But let's be honest, has humanity destroyed earth so much when compared to some natural disasters? Like A meteor strike? Or an ice age? I think even the super-volcanoes have done more damage. Of course, if we continue doing what we're doing, we could do worse, especially with a nuke war. Depending on how much radioactive material we dump on the surface, we might almost sterilize it. But we haven't done that.

And apparently we won't, because the plan to dominate and control everyone is working just fine.

There's a spiritual side to all of this. You might think things are out of control, with exception of the billionaires pulling the strings. But there's a lot more than that.

The world is a pretty much fucked place if you try to see it as "home". How can home be that way? And we do see it as a home, although it's more of a school. When you see things under that optic, it makes more sense. And not any kind school, a school that almost a boot camp, almost an institution for those rebellious children who like to act up more than they should.

Unfortunately we're living in the most materialistic times this world has ever seen, so the most important concepts are being quickly lost, before they could really make a impact in the coming generation. But that's also part of the lesson. So, what happens when you follow "your heart"? What happens when you live like there's no soul, no afterlife, no punishment for bad deeds if man's justice doesn't catch you? What happens when you remove God from the equation? What happens when you put your fate on the hands of other men? What happens when you live only to find pleasure and physical satisfaction, when all you care for is comfort?

One things is for sure, there's a factor that nobody takes in consideration and that's the innate beliefs. And we saw a lot of people with certain types of mentality born in the last decades but now, there's a new generation coming. You might try to mold and shape people thoughts, but certain tools you use to achieve that end up bringing unintended effects. When you try to remove the divine from people, you will only make it more prevalent. So the younger ones that are being groomed to accept atheism, will do the opposite, because they'll keep having experiences that defy all that emptiness they're being offered.

Beautiful words... and not in your native.
Blahhhhhh...

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=453695 time=1653679647 user_id=1676

Thanks mang

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=453710 time=1653682947 user_id=2853
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=453695 time=1653679647 user_id=1676

Thanks mang

I like your new avatar Rancidmilko.

Breakfall

Well said. I would love to see a more sustainable world though. As I've mentioned before, I could do without cheap tech imports if it means less Aussie exports offshore. Most of our own Aussie produce is inflated in cost due to a better price achieved elsewhere.

All my wife and I do is try to lessen our carbon footprint wherever possible. Converting to gas and uninstalling solar. Growing our own vegetables and herbs. Recycling our water and collecting rainwater. Recycling our kitchen wastes. Limited use of vehicles etc.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=453798 time=1653717743 user_id=3358
 I would love to see a more sustainable world though. As I've mentioned before, I could do without cheap tech imports if it means less Aussie exports offshore. Most of our own Aussie produce is inflated in cost due to a better price achieved elsewhere.

All my wife and I do is try to lessen our carbon footprint wherever possible. Converting to gas and uninstalling solar. Growing our own vegetables and herbs. Recycling our water and collecting rainwater. Recycling our kitchen wastes. Limited use of vehicles etc.

The word sustainable is used as a buzzword in greenspeak. WInd, solar, electric cars have bigger enviro footprints than LNG or muclear. They don't reduce the usage of fossils either.

It's fine, that you have the resources to do what you do. I limit the amount of pollution I produce as much as possible too. But, in a world with a popultion approaching eight billion it's symbolism for those with the means to do it.

Do you know what the best way to reduce pollution is? It's not wind, solar, ending plastic bags in developed countries or carbon pricing. It's lifitng people out of poverty in the developed world. When people become more affuent and better educated they have smaller families and don't do things like clear forests for firewood for cooking and heating.

Breakfall

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=453813 time=1653738579 user_id=114
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=453798 time=1653717743 user_id=3358
 I would love to see a more sustainable world though. As I've mentioned before, I could do without cheap tech imports if it means less Aussie exports offshore. Most of our own Aussie produce is inflated in cost due to a better price achieved elsewhere.

The word sustainable is used as a buzzword in greenspeak. WInd, solar, electric cars have bigger enviro footprints than LNG or muclear. They don't reduce the usage of fossils either.

It's fine, that you have the resources to do what you do. I limit the amount of pollution I produce as much as possible too. But, in a world with a popultion approaching eight billion it's symbolism for those with the means to do it.

Do you know what the best way to reduce pollution is? It's not wind, solar, ending plastic bags in developed countries or carbon pricing. It's lifitng people out of poverty in the developed world. When people become more affuent and better educated they have smaller families and don't do things like clear forests for firewood for cooking and heating.

The labour government here  in Australia just put a ban on packets today...so that's a step in the right direction.

Trying to provide work to lift people out of poverty as such in developed worlds can be a hard task. So many are just too lazy, while others are too the drug-fucked or alcohol dependent.

I remember in South Africa that a percentage of your earnings went into your unemployment fund. If you were out of work, you would use that unemployment fund while looking for work. But once depleted, that was that and you were out on the street.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=454849 time=1654067698 user_id=3358

The labour government here  in Australia just put a ban on packets today...so that's a step in the right direction.

Even after a search, I still can't find what packets are?

Breakfall

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=454961 time=1654100597 user_id=114

Plastic shopping bags. Lol

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=455090 time=1654117875 user_id=3358

That is so stupid..

Stores here stopped using plastic bags..

They are not single use, I used them for garbage and storing things..

So now, instead of using plastic grocery bags I have to buy plastic bags..

It does nothing for the environment, but it takes money away from families.......so dumb.

Breakfall

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=455098 time=1654120315 user_id=3254

That is so stupid..

It does nothing for the environment, but it takes money away from families.......so dumb.

Most supermarkets already stopped using single use plastic bags, but gave the option of purchasing biodegradable multi-use bags or fabric bags. Fast-food joints and stores still offered plastic bags. Companies have to make the change to biodegradable plastics, which is good for the environment and the right step ahead. We need to start somewhere to make this work for future generations. Reducing emissions effectively will be a major task for sure.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=455329 time=1654154815 user_id=3358

That is so stupid..

Most supermarkets already stopped using single use plastic bags, but gave the option of purchasing biodegradable multi-use bags or fabric bags. Fast-food joints and stores still offered plastic bags. Companies have to make the change to biodegradable plastics, which is good for the environment and the right step ahead. We need to start somewhere to make this work for future generations. Reducing emissions effectively will be a major task for sure.

No, they are in fact worse..

Compostable and biodegradable materials also have the potential to contaminate regular waste streams as many consumers don't know how to properly dispose of them. If a biodegradable bag ends up in a recycling bin, for example, it has the potential to contaminate a whole batch of recyclables making them unviable.

Plastic grocery bags in developed countries made sense economically and environmentally..

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=455383 time=1654179104 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=455329 time=1654154815 user_id=3358

That is so stupid..

No, they are in fact worse..

Compostable and biodegradable materials also have the potential to contaminate regular waste streams as many consumers don't know how to properly dispose of them. If a biodegradable bag ends up in a recycling bin, for example, it has the potential to contaminate a whole batch of recyclables making them unviable.

Plastic grocery bags in developed countries made sense economically and environmentally..

Not to mention they require more energy, raw materials and produce more pollution to produce.