Replies: 10534
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:49:51 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Cyrus

welcome Garraty_47

Started by Anonymous, July 14, 2022, 09:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I feel like I've read your posts before.

:laugh:

We have registration on mod approval as an anti spambot measure..

I know you're a long term poster over many of the flame forums..

Perhaps you might volunteer some information about yourself for those of us who don't have a long history with the flame community.

Anonymous

Zetsu

Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

cw_

Thank you for updating the newest member stat, Garraty_47.  Nice underscore you have there. ; )

Poppy

Mr Garraty, please pick a suitable avatar before posting.
I\'m Poppy!

cw_

Mr Garraty_47 can have this one:

">

Garraty_47

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=463996 time=1657806164 user_id=3254
Perhaps you might volunteer some information about yourself for those of us who don't have a long history with the flame community.

I haven't considered myself a "Flamer" or anything I've posted as actual "Flaming" in decades. I'm just a dude posting on forums where I generally see at least a couple of familiar faces; faces who coincidentally may have become familiar on a previous "Flame" forum.

I ran a board at ootikof.net for some years until there were only about 4 of us left and the other three only wanted to throw C&P'd political articles and memes at each other. At that point I decided it had been a good run but it was time to close up shop.

I don't often engage in political discussions on forums because hyper-partisanship has gotten completely ridiculous. One side either blames literally everything on republicans/conservatives (despite all the evidence that democrats are equally culpable) or has some form of Trump Derangement Syndrome and abandoned all reason in 2016. The other side blames literally everything on democrats/liberals and in some cases even call for the murder of "lefties" just for having an alternative worldview.

There's no room in that insanity for any real discussion much less debate which is just as well because such would be utterly pointless... both sides would only be talking *at* each other, not *with*.

These days I prefer to simply trade posts with people who amuse, entertain, interest or inspire me. I'm not here to 'accomplish' anything or to flog any sort of agenda; I'm here to have a little fun with other cunning linguists.

That's it, really- what you see is what you get.

Oh! The nym...

...it's from my favorite Stephen King (writing as Richard Bachman) story 'The Long Walk'.

The main character is Raymond Garraty whose contestant number was 47.

Garraty_47

Quote from: cw_ post_id=464038 time=1657811989 user_id=3226
Thank you for updating the newest member stat, Garraty_47.  Nice underscore you have there. ; )

Hiya CeeDub and everyone else.

Dashes are for people with no imagination... underscores rule!

Erica Mena

There ain't no cunning linguists in KOF. Just sayin
<t></t>

Garraty_47

Quote from: Poppy post_id=464049 time=1657815443 user_id=3287
Mr Garraty, please pick a suitable avatar before posting.

Too late... sorry.

I'll get right on that though; thanks for reminding me.

Erica Mena

<t></t>

Garraty_47

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=464057 time=1657817160 user_id=2845
There ain't no cunning linguists in KOF. Just sayin

There's no such thing as KOF anymore so technically I guess you're right. LoL

Garraty_47

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=464059 time=1657817322 user_id=2845
Vit, is that you?

In poison.

Poppy

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=464059 time=1657817322 user_id=2845