Replies: 10386
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Reggie Essent

A

Footloose

Started by Anonymous, April 12, 2014, 05:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I saw the 1984 version last night that starred a very youthful Kevin Bacon..

To be frank Real Woman, I did not care for the movie..

Like so much of what Hollywood produces, my husband and I felt it was unfair to Christians..

I am not judging anyone who likes that movie, but we can not recommend it to members of our church.

RW

Awwww Fash, sorry to hear that.  I thought you'd be able to relate to the no dancing rules. :(
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Awwww Fash, sorry to hear that.  I thought you'd be able to relate to the no dancing rules. :(

Real Woman, I feel just terrible about this..

My husband and I felt there was a strong anti Christian bias.

RW

It's been a long time since I've seen it.  I just remember it having a strong bias towards dancing :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"I saw the 1984 version last night that starred a very youthful Kevin Bacon..

Like so much of what Hollywood produces, my husband and I felt it was unfair to Christians..

I am not judging anyone who likes that movie, but we can not recommend it to members of our church.

I remember the movie quite well, I dont understand. How do you figure it was unfair to Christians?

The movie was focused around a Town not allowing "Rock and roll music & dancing" because the Christian community (mostly the pastor) was worried it influenced the younger generation to "party,Drink,have sex and basically get out of hand, the minister banned it because his son died when he drove drunk on grad night.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I saw the 1984 version last night that starred a very youthful Kevin Bacon..

You do know the original was released in the 80's?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"

I remember the movie quite well, I dont understand. How do you figure it was unfair to Christians?

The movie was focused around a Town not allowing "Rock and roll music & dancing" because the Christian community (mostly the pastor) was worried it influenced the younger generation to "party,Drink,have sex and basically get out of hand, the minister banned it because his son died when he drove drunk on grad night.

That is what I mean Keeper, it portrays Christians as extremists and anti fun.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"That is what I mean Keeper, it portrays Christians as extremists and anti fun.

I thought that's what religion is all about....denying urself of any fun.

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I remember the movie quite well, I don't understand. How do you figure it was unfair to Christians?

Err No, Christian!! Not Christians, It was one person, and his judgement was misled for the simple fact his son died, did you not watch the movie in full? If anything this movie shows how he over come his fears and seen that NOT everyone is going to kill them self because they listen to music or dance. in the end they danced,laughed,had fun.

Sorry Fash you got the meaning of this movie all wrong.

Obvious Li

not sure why you would waste two hours watching this crap movie...a good movie has to have something blow up real good and there must be lots of blood and body parts scattered around to be any good....Think Generation Kill, Zero Dark 30 or saving Private Ryan...now those are worth watching......not some flashdance gayboy swayze wannabe.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"not sure why you would waste two hours watching this crap movie...a good movie has to have something blow up real good and there must be lots of blood and body parts scattered around to be any good....Think Generation Kill, Zero Dark 30 or saving Private Ryan...now those are worth watching......not some flashdance gayboy swayze wannabe.

I'm not into war movies, but Saving Private Ryan was a great film.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I remember the movie quite well, I don't understand. How do you figure it was unfair to Christians?

Err No, Christian!! Not Christians, It was one person, and his judgement was misled for the simple fact his son died, did you not watch the movie in full? If anything this movie shows how he over come his fears and seen that NOT everyone is going to kill them self because they listen to music or dance. in the end they danced,laughed,had fun.

Sorry Fash you got the meaning of this movie all wrong.

No Keeper, I mean Christians..

The pastor is the face of the church and his actions reflect poorly on all Christians in our opinion.

RW

And sometimes people's personal experiences affect they way they do their jobs.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

I saw Kevin Bacon and his brother playing with they're band at the PNE a few years ago, they were quite good  :)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"And sometimes people's personal experiences affect they way they do their jobs.

Do you mean Hollywood movie directors and writers?