News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Perfect example of lefty intolerence......

Started by Obvious Li, April 27, 2014, 09:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteUganda Christian University (UCU) expelled 26 girls from it's Kabale affiliate college for being pregnant and yet not married after doing random tests on the campus.

The students accuse the university for suspending them without hearing them out reports The New Vision. However, Godwin Kiiza, the Dean of Students, maintains that the students who were suspended were admitted as single students and they are not supposed to be engaged in a sexual immorality, that is, sex before marriage.

"Some students who go against our rules first face a disciplinary committee and if the committee finds them guilty of being of pregnant, they are suspended," he is reported to have said.

"Only six girls were pregnant and the rest had other problems and most of them were forgiven and allowed back to school," the university's Public relations officer, Reuben Twinomujuni, said.

http://news.ugo.co.ug/ucu-expels-26-pregnant-students/">//http://news.ugo.co.ug/ucu-expels-26-pregnant-students/

"Guilty" of being pregnant?

So only the women who become pregnant get expelled, and anyone else engaging in premarital sex doesn't have a thing to worry about.

Pregnancy and motherhood shouldn't be criminalized.

I don't see where you can call this criminalization.

It's Uganda FFS. If they were truly "criminalized" I wouldn't be surprised to see the applied penalties to be accompanied by a stroke of the machete in a place like that.

So stop bitching, it could be a lot worse. Millions of people each year in Africa die of hunger, civil war, famine and disease and you are wringing your hands over a few pregnant women being expelled from a Christian school? Priorities skewed much??????

I wonder if it was an Islamic school, would you even mention it?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
QuoteUganda Christian University (UCU) expelled 26 girls from it's Kabale affiliate college for being pregnant and yet not married after doing random tests on the campus.

The students accuse the university for suspending them without hearing them out reports The New Vision. However, Godwin Kiiza, the Dean of Students, maintains that the students who were suspended were admitted as single students and they are not supposed to be engaged in a sexual immorality, that is, sex before marriage.

"Some students who go against our rules first face a disciplinary committee and if the committee finds them guilty of being of pregnant, they are suspended," he is reported to have said.

"Only six girls were pregnant and the rest had other problems and most of them were forgiven and allowed back to school," the university's Public relations officer, Reuben Twinomujuni, said.

http://news.ugo.co.ug/ucu-expels-26-pregnant-students/">//http://news.ugo.co.ug/ucu-expels-26-pregnant-students/

"Guilty" of being pregnant?

So only the women who become pregnant get expelled, and anyone else engaging in premarital sex doesn't have a thing to worry about.

Pregnancy and motherhood shouldn't be criminalized.

I don't see where you can call this criminalization.

It's Uganda FFS. If they were truly "criminalized" I wouldn't be surprised to see the applied penalties to be accompanied by a stroke of the machete in a place like that.

So stop bitching, it could be a lot worse. Millions of people each year in Africa die of hunger, civil war, famine and disease and you are wringing your hands over a few pregnant women being expelled from a Christian school? Priorities skewed much??????

I wonder if it was an Islamic school, would you even mention it?

I totally agree Renee. In a country as fucked up as Uganda, getting kicked out of a religious school ranks right up there with static cling.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"It's Uganda FFS.

It's the exact same rule. If someone were found to be pregnant at Trinity Western, they would also be expelled.

I wouldn't approve if it was an Islamic school either. I'm against criminalizing pregnancy. Anyone who has premarital sex can easily get away with it no problem, but anyone who becomes pregnant gets kicked out and loses their education and career.

I've also read that in the US, many teachers in religious schools and universities have been fired for becoming pregnant. Again, anyone else can have all the premarital sex they want but you'll be ostracized and punished for becoming a mother. Does that seem fair?

Anonymous

It's the exact same rule. If someone were found to be pregnant at Trinity Western, they would also be expelled.

I wouldn't approve if it was an Islamic school either. I'm against criminalizing pregnancy. Anyone who has premarital sex can easily get away with it no problem, but anyone who gets pregnant gets kicked out and loses their education and career.

I've also read that in the US, many teachers in religious schools and universities have been fired for becoming pregnant. Again, anyone else can have all the premarital sex they want but you'll be ostracized and punished for becoming a mother. Does that seem fair?

Nobody is forcing anyone to attend Trinity. People attend Trinity because to study in a bible thumping environment. They are well aware of what the institution stands for and they are NOT kids. Instead of trying to change religious people's values, how about just not applying to a Muzzy or xtian school if it conflicts with your values. I know that's what I would do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"These no sex contracts must be symbolic. The compliance rate is probably in the single digits. Gary Joak would be able to keep the no sex pledge, but not many other people.

This was the first I heard of Trinity Western's morality contracts..

It does not surprise me though for a Christian institute to enforce biblical standards..

The people that go there are adults attending on their own free will.

[/b]

sorry Fash.......that's not good enough for the busybodies.....free will is only ok if it agrees with their point of view..... dissent, even private dissent must be quashed at all costs.....you have a lot to learn grasshopper.... :geek:

I don't fucking get this; a bible thumper school enforcing bible thumping dogma. What a fucking shock??

I don't like religion either which is why I wouldn't expect to go there and get them to conform to my atheism. That is no different than a Muslim student going to York refusing to interact with female students and profs. Find a good Islamic school in the M.E.......or Europe! :lol:

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I wouldn't approve if it was an Islamic school either. I'm against criminalizing pregnancy. Anyone who has premarital sex can easily get away with it no problem, but anyone who gets pregnant gets kicked out and loses their education and career.

Nobody is forcing anyone to attend Trinity. People attend Trinity because to study in a bible thumping environment. They are well aware of what the institution stands for and they are NOT kids. Instead of trying to change religious people's values, how about just not applying to a Muzzy or xtian school if it conflicts with your values. I know that's what I would do.

what she ^^^^ said...for gods sake leave the bible thumpers alone....read the TWU rules before applying...if you don't like them and have no intention of following them then apply somewhere else.....it is such a simple concept for the average person to understand...but virtually impossible for the average progressive to understand...these dumb fucks are just wired wrong.... :ugeek:

Romero

But the rule wouldn't actually apply to everyone having premarital sex. They wouldn't admit it, so they wouldn't be caught. Only women who become pregnant would be expelled.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"But the rule wouldn't actually apply to everyone having premarital sex. They wouldn't admit it, so they wouldn't be caught. Only women who become pregnant would be expelled.

those that exceed the speed limit and get caught.....pay a fine......the rest just continue on speeding until they get caught........or not...... :ugeek:

RW

I'd think getting kicked out of Trinity Western would be a badge of honour haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"I'd think getting kicked out of Trinity Western would be a badge of honour haha

they wouldn't accept your application...they can smell a busy body a mile away.;....try the local YWCA.. :shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I'd think getting kicked out of Trinity Western would be a badge of honour haha

If you are not a bible believing Christian then yes it would be..

I would consider being kicked out of a secular feminist organization a badge of honour..

But, I would never join such an organization with values that are the opposite of my own in the first place.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"But the rule wouldn't actually apply to everyone having premarital sex. They wouldn't admit it, so they wouldn't be caught. Only women who become pregnant would be expelled.

They could lie and produce a fake marriage certificate..

But, if one is lying and engaging in sex outside of the bonds of marriage why are they attending a Christian university in the first place?

There are secular places of learning where that is permitted.

Obvious Li

[b]I would consider being kicked out of a secular feminist organization a badge of honour..

[/b]

But, I would never join such an organization with values that are the opposite of my own in the first place.

you go girl........maybe there is hope for you yet...hahahaahahahaahaha....go fash go.. :D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

[b]I would consider being kicked out of a secular feminist organization a badge of honour..

[/b]

you go girl........maybe there is hope for you yet...hahahaahahahaahaha....go fash go.. :D

I am not trying to be provocative Obvious Li..

But I do have values I will not compromise for anyone.

Gary Oak

It should be noted who it is politically correct to hate, make fun of etc....   by your bleeding heart liberal lefties.

1 Christians  and especially born again Christians. It is of almost mandatory for the supposedly tolerant lefties to hate and make fun of them.

2 Blondes and to a lesser degree redheads. Blonde jokes are not considered discriminatory at all and everybody is supposed to laugh at them no matter how unfunny the joke is. In an IQ test I do believe that most blondes would outshine most of the blonde joke tellers.

3 W.A.S.P's and especially the men and of them especially the blonde ones. For example Italians are off limits to criticism and any jokes about them must be followed by outrage.

4 Anybody who takes a stand on what is right and what is wrong. As satan says "do what you want. " Every bad thing must be tolerated by noble tolerance