Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

A

Your feelings about merging with Blue Frost's forum

Started by Anonymous, October 11, 2014, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Should we merge with Blue Frost's forum

yes
11 (91.7%)
no
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: October 11, 2014, 05:52:44 PM

ghost

is there a link to Blue's forum? I don't think I've ever been there.

Chickenfeets

Hi, Ghosties!

Nice to see you again!  ac_hithere

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"is there a link to Blue's forum? I don't think I've ever been there.

http://bluefrost.org/viewforum.php?style=1&f=4">http://bluefrost.org/viewforum.php?style=1&f=4

OL,

Why are you opposed to the idea? Frosty is awesome and his people are quite nice.

Chickenfeets

OL finds the forum boring, Shen. If I'm reading him right, that is.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"OL finds the forum boring, Shen. If I'm reading him right, that is.

I'm aware of that Blurt, but is not possible that he and I could liven things up a little?

It might not matter anyway, because someone suggested to me that a couple of Frosty's posters don't want to merge because of me.

RW

Quote from: "Obvious Li"this is the worst idea i have heard on here yet.....no offense but the only poster more boring than that forum would be soon...why he is not on there baffles me.....count me out

no let me repeat....that forum is BORING beyond words and this is a really really bad idea...why don't people just go there if they like it so much ??????? there is a reason it has four members and 32 posts over the last 5 years...because it is BORING.....if i wanted to go to sunday school on the internet i would google it...find one i liked and go there.....of course he will go for it....if five people from here join up it will quadruple the traffic over there...fucking really bad idea

Take this, make it sound a lot nicer and add my agreement to it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anne

I'd like to see a merge but I think that some people are so much different than others and on each forum and maybe there will be more clashes. Unless the posters over there are actually the same as the ones here, just different handles and different personalities posted. So it might just work  ac_unsure

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I'd like to see a merge but I think that some people are so much different than others and on each forum and maybe there will be more clashes. Unless the posters over there are actually the same as the ones here, just different handles and different personalities posted. So it might just work  ac_unsure

There is a some overlap Annie. Several of the posters there are also registered here. With the exception of oddstain, I like everyone on that forum. We seem to be a natural fit for each other.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "ghost"is there a link to Blue's forum? I don't think I've ever been there.

http://bluefrost.org/viewforum.php?style=1&f=4">http://bluefrost.org/viewforum.php?style=1&f=4

OL,

Why are you opposed to the idea? Frosty is awesome and I his people are quite nice.

lets analyze this proposed merger.....right now most of the posters on ACC also post on Frosty's forum and the same for them......except the few that are banned here but can post there and the ones here that find it to boring and don't want to be part of a Laura Ingils Wilder episode.....so what would you hope to gain by merging the sites.....that's what i cannot see

if i wanted to spend my days talking about someones medical condition i would spend more time on VF where you have an endless choice of posters to pick from....just can't see what the attraction is

....what do you propose we do about those miscreants that were banned from here but are now members there ???

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

OL,

Why are you opposed to the idea? Frosty is awesome and I his people are quite nice.

lets analyze this proposed merger.....right now most of the posters on ACC also post on Frosty's forum and the same for them......except the few that are banned here but can post there and the ones here that find it to boring and don't want to be part of a Laura Ingils Wilder episode.....so what would you hope to gain by merging the sites.....that's what i cannot see

if i wanted to spend my days talking about someones medical condition i would spend more time on VF where you have an endless choice of posters to pick from....just can't see what the attraction is

....what do you propose we do about those miscreants that were banned from here but are now members there ???

I read your post on Blue's forum and I will never allow Odinson or anyone else that was banned from here to be part of the new forum..

I know that could be a deal breaker, but I won't budge on this.

Renee

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"OL finds the forum boring, Shen. If I'm reading him right, that is.

And this forum is just a ball of fire.  ac_toofunny

The "boring" argument is rather weak.

Now if a technical aspect or if philosophical differences on how the forum should be run are getting in the way, not wishing to merge is understandable.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Big Wave Dave

I voted yes, but I don't care if you merge or not.

RW

Can someone tell me what the forum is like because my impression from the main page is it's all kittens and rainbows and fluffy stuff.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"Can someone tell me what the forum is like because my impression from the main page is it's all kittens and rainbows and fluffy stuff.

Well, for one, drama is distinctly discouraged, Blue doesn't like it and tolerates only minor amounts of it. So stuff like my feud with Leo or your battle with Inky will not fly there.

Some of the topics are rather fuffy others are or can be interesting. The topics range from TV shows, firearms (Blue likes guns), health and nutrition to science based threads like early human DNA and space exploration. At least those are the ones I poke around in.

Gary Oak has his own section that contains all his crazy shit (some of it looks interesting) and there is a Guest section that's pretty lame.

Overall it is a very tame forum but that doesn't mean there is no room for serious debate.

I don't think it really matters at this point because I don't think a merger is going to happen.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"

OL,

I read your post on Blue's forum and I will never allow Odinson or anyone else that was banned from here to be part of the new forum..

I know that could be a deal breaker, but I won't budge on this.

thats my girl..... ac_wub