Replies: 10363
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:57:54 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Why Western-Style Democracy Sux

Started by Anonymous, October 19, 2014, 02:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

♪♪ ♫♫ ♪ where have all the good trolls gone? ♪♪ ♫♫ ♪
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Renee

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Romero""Many here today have devoted their lives to the fight against global poverty, and you know the stakes. We fight against poverty because hope is an answer to terror. We fight against poverty because opportunity is a fundamental right to human dignity. We fight against poverty because faith requires it and conscience demands it. And we fight against poverty with a growing conviction that major progress is within our reach.

We will challenge the poverty and hopelessness and lack of education and failed governments that too often allow conditions that terrorists can seize and try to turn to their advantage."

- George W. Bush

Hey pinhead that quote from GWB was in response to global poverty, especially in the M.E.

The addressing "grievances" shit that your boy Odumbo has recently tried to pass off as a terrorist fighting strategy came out of a Whitehouse summit focusing mainly on domestic radical extremism. There is a big difference in calling for the world to help educate and provide opportunely for the unwashed scum in their shithole countries compared to catering to Muslims living in the US.

It's all about Obongo dumping the responsibility of addressing these so-called "grievances" onto the feckless UNGA. And furthermore, what the fuck are these "grievances"? Obama like you has no real clue what they are. For your information most of the "grievances" against the west that are exploited by terrorists have nothing to do with jobs, poverty or youth basket ball.  ac_rollseyes Most of them stem from a combination of 12 century politics and the creation and existence of Israel.

The radical ideology that drives ISIS and it's recruits goes all they back to the Islamic split between Shia and Sunni and they could care less if some UN sponsored program provides them with volley ball nets and paint by numbers activity books for their school age kids. They could careless about getting a job driving a cab or herding goats. It's all about establishing an Islamic state that spreads all over the world. That is their only aim and as long as the major portion of most Islamic education systems are nothing but reading from the Koran FOR 6 hours a day and spending another 2 hours with your ass in the air on a prayer rug, ignorance will run rampant and Islamic extremism will flourish.

BTW, just because GWB said some bullshit about terrorists and poverty that doesn't mean he had a clue either. Western politicians are still struggling to comprehend what they are dealing with and many refuse to see the reality of the situation. Most of those reality challenged politicos are on (SURPRISE!) the left. Much like you, they are more interested in not offending the enemy than they are in defeating them. They are part of the problem just as people like YOU are part of the problem.

Muslims cannot be blamed for turning to ISIS recruiters within their no go zones in Europe when they feel the sting of Islamophobia on a daily basis.

No-go zones don't exist. Get with the "denial monkey", program, dumbass.  ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

I read the beginning bit and skipped the rest because I got lazy.  Sorry if this is a repeat but I'm going to toss my opinions in:

The whole argument about cherry picking voters reeks of Orwell's Animal Farm.  There are VERY few voters out there who understand everything there is to know about their political choices or the implications of those choices.  I would include ALL of us in that category.

The concept of earned right to vote is a load.  How was my right to vote earned?  By making it to the age of 18?

We are electing parties here people.  We aren't voting on actual decisions in these elections - just who we like best to run our country.  You could be a half retarded monkey and still check a box with a decent chance of getting someone even slightly worthy of a vote.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I read the beginning bit and skipped the rest because I got lazy.  Sorry if this is a repeat but I'm going to toss my opinions in:

The whole argument about cherry picking voters reeks of Orwell's Animal Farm.  There are VERY few voters out there who understand everything there is to know about their political choices or the implications of those choices.  I would include ALL of us in that category.

The concept of earned right to vote is a load.  How was my right to vote earned?  By making it to the age of 18?

We are electing parties here people.  We aren't voting on actual decisions in these elections - just who we like best to run our country.  You could be a half retarded monkey and still check a box with a decent chance of getting someone even slightly worthy of a vote.

Universal suffrage is a noble idea on the surface, I won't deny that. However, it's evolution has gone beyond that idea. Our system is ALL about the next election, not a long term vision. This requires pandering to people to win over their vote in the next election. That is not visionary and it is not usually in the national interest, but all the big parties on this continent do it if they want a chance of forming government.

Do I think the West will ever admit that the foundation of their system might not be best? Fuck no, the West is ideological to it's very core. I think it is obsene that you have to prove you meet basic standards to drive, but you don't when it comes to how your neighbour's money is spent.

RW

I agree that 4 years is not enough to implement a long terms vision - one which can be turned on a dime with a new party being elected.  It would be nice come election time if we were asked as voters what our priorities are with a government working towards those issues.

I admit that our system might not be the best. I believe it wouldn't work in every country and I wouldn't strive to push for it either.

I think you give voters more credit for "money spending" than you should.  It's generally all the same shit Shen.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I agree that 4 years is not enough to implement a long terms vision - one which can be turned on a dime with a new party being elected.  It would be nice come election time if we were asked as voters what our priorities are with a government working towards those issues.

I admit that our system might not be the best. I believe it wouldn't work in every country and I wouldn't strive to push for it either.

I think you give voters more credit for "money spending" than you should.  It's generally all the same shit Shen.

We will never become a de facto one party state like the PAP in Singapore or even the KMT on Taiwan....ever. I know if anything we will continue lowering the voting bar(I can see 16 year olds eventually "earning" the right vote as politicians see an easy demographic to pander to). I could live with government through consultation prioritizing a few issues instead of being everything to everyone. However, I see that being hijacked by well-funded NGO's, business interests and so on.

Bottom line is I want to see fundamental change in our democracy, but under our current system I can easily see it being sabotaged by self-interest. ac_unsure

RW

Lobby organizations are nothing new Shen.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Lobby organizations are nothing new Shen.

Their wealth and influence over government appear to have increased. The problem with our democracy is that the squeaky wheel gets greased. Universal suffrage is immoral. Singapore on the other hand doesn't have this particular problem while citizens there are getting better value than either Canadians or Americans for their tax dollars. As I said, I don't expect the West to make any changes other than more pandering and lowering the voting bar even further.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Romero""Many here today have devoted their lives to the fight against global poverty, and you know the stakes. We fight against poverty because hope is an answer to terror. We fight against poverty because opportunity is a fundamental right to human dignity. We fight against poverty because faith requires it and conscience demands it. And we fight against poverty with a growing conviction that major progress is within our reach.

We will challenge the poverty and hopelessness and lack of education and failed governments that too often allow conditions that terrorists can seize and try to turn to their advantage."

- George W. Bush

Hey pinhead that quote from GWB was in response to global poverty, especially in the M.E.

The addressing "grievances" shit that your boy Odumbo has recently tried to pass off as a terrorist fighting strategy came out of a Whitehouse summit focusing mainly on domestic radical extremism. There is a big difference in calling for the world to help educate and provide opportunely for the unwashed scum in their shithole countries compared to catering to Muslims living in the US.

It's all about Obongo dumping the responsibility of addressing these so-called "grievances" onto the feckless UNGA. And furthermore, what the fuck are these "grievances"? Obama like you has no real clue what they are. For your information most of the "grievances" against the west that are exploited by terrorists have nothing to do with jobs, poverty or youth basket ball.  ac_rollseyes Most of them stem from a combination of 12 century politics and the creation and existence of Israel.

The radical ideology that drives ISIS and it's recruits goes all they back to the Islamic split between Shia and Sunni and they could care less if some UN sponsored program provides them with volley ball nets and paint by numbers activity books for their school age kids. They could careless about getting a job driving a cab or herding goats. It's all about establishing an Islamic state that spreads all over the world. That is their only aim and as long as the major portion of most Islamic education systems are nothing but reading from the Koran FOR 6 hours a day and spending another 2 hours with your ass in the air on a prayer rug, ignorance will run rampant and Islamic extremism will flourish.

BTW, just because GWB said some bullshit about terrorists and poverty that doesn't mean he had a clue either. Western politicians are still struggling to comprehend what they are dealing with and many refuse to see the reality of the situation. Most of those reality challenged politicos are on (SURPRISE!) the left. Much like you, they are more interested in not offending the enemy than they are in defeating them. They are part of the problem just as people like YOU are part of the problem.

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/uploader/image/2015/02/20/Bush-Obama-Islam-ver3.jpg">

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvyBa99s2fI

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"Universal suffrage is a noble idea on the surface, I won't deny that. However, it's evolution has gone beyond that idea. Our system is ALL about the next election, not a long term vision. This requires pandering to people to win over their vote in the next election. That is not visionary and it is not usually in the national interest, but all the big parties on this continent do it if they want a chance of forming government.

Do I think the West will ever admit that the foundation of their system might not be best? Fuck no, the West is ideological to it's very core. I think it is obsene that you have to prove you meet basic standards to drive, but you don't when it comes to how your neighbour's money is spent.

Nobody's forcing you to vote!

Don't you believe that immigrants who come here should adapt and respect our values?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Nobody's forcing you to vote!

Oh fucking love that wouldn't ya? The makers stay home leaving no opposition to the takers getting more. Bring in ple

QuoteDon't you believe that immigrants who come here should adapt and respect our values

What in the fuck are you babbling about? Are you trying to insuate that pandering to every asshole with their handout is a Canadian value? Maybe for your ilk, but not for the silent majority who pay the bills. Maybe you should go shopping for another country as you do not conform to Canadian values. ac_razz ISIS is always looking for a few good Western apologists.

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"Are you trying to insuate that pandering to every asshole with their handout is a Canadian value?

Nope, Western-style democracy and universal suffrage are Canadian values. You should conform to our values and customs! It's been like this since well before you got here, and preferred by likely over 99% of Canadians. You can move to Singapore or back to China if you can't fit in!

ISIS doesn't like Western democracy and universal suffrage either.

Lance Leftardashian

We must spread the good of democracy to the rest of the world so that they too can live like us.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"We must spread the good of democracy to the rest of the world so that they too can live like us.

I don't vote myself, but I don't know if it can be transplanted abroad..

Taiwan went from dictatorship to democracy, but can this be replicated in other places like the Middle East?

The Arab Spring did not become what was hoped of it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Are you trying to insuate that pandering to every asshole with their handout is a Canadian value?

Nope, Western-style democracy and universal suffrage are Canadian values.

Canada's first PM John A. Macdonald opposed any extension of the vote beyond those who owned property. I guess he lacked your Canadian values. ac_toofunny