The best topic

Replies: 10495
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 01, 2024, 06:44:23 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"It cooks meat perfectly, cause it cooks up until it reaches the temperature the meat is suppose to be to be considered done. I had never even seen one or heard of one til back in September.

Personally, I prefer a steak on a charcoal grill. But, I was pretty amazed at how that steak turned out. Same with the pork loin last night. Nice and tender and full of juices (since moist is a word shunned these days lol). I could see a bunch of things being made with this thing. Salmon, chicken, a pot roast.

I dont plan on getting one anytime soon though, they cost around $100. But one day, I'll prolly snag one lol.

Is that like a charcoal bbq..

:laugh:

Sorry, we won't go down that road again.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"It cooks meat perfectly, cause it cooks up until it reaches the temperature the meat is suppose to be to be considered done. I had never even seen one or heard of one til back in September.

Personally, I prefer a steak on a charcoal grill. But, I was pretty amazed at how that steak turned out. Same with the pork loin last night. Nice and tender and full of juices (since moist is a word shunned these days lol). I could see a bunch of things being made with this thing. Salmon, chicken, a pot roast.

I dont plan on getting one anytime soon though, they cost around $100. But one day, I'll prolly snag one lol.

Is that like a charcoal bbq..

Sorry, we won't go down that road again.

Right, because this is BBQ....

https://i2.wp.com/heygrillhey.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/WHISKEY-PEACH.jpg?fit=735%2C1102&ssl=1">

and this is a grill....

http://www.the-grilling-spot.com/image-files/charcoal-briquettes-in-a-pyramid.jpg">

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"Im a lil interested in this contraption called a sous vide. My brother had one last time I visited, and he cooked a steak in it, then pan seared it. Was so perfect. And tonight my friend invited me over and he made a pork loin with one, and it was marinated in Jamaican Jerk sauce. Man it was good. Any of y'all use one of these?

http://innovations.status.si/media/blockimages/thumbs/SVC100-3_0CSdBnp.jpg.800x600_q85.jpg">

I bought one at Christmas. I like it. Have not done a lot with it yet. We have done some steak and chicken in it. My next big experiment with it will be making butter..... ac_cool
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Blazor"Im a lil interested in this contraption called a sous vide. My brother had one last time I visited, and he cooked a steak in it, then pan seared it. Was so perfect. And tonight my friend invited me over and he made a pork loin with one, and it was marinated in Jamaican Jerk sauce. Man it was good. Any of y'all use one of these?

http://innovations.status.si/media/blockimages/thumbs/SVC100-3_0CSdBnp.jpg.800x600_q85.jpg">

I bought one at Christmas. I like it. Have not done a lot with it yet. We have done some steak and chicken in it. My next big experiment with it will be making butter..... ac_cool

Do you put oil in it like a little fryer?

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"

HA! I bet it will cook up your butter just like you been wanting lol. I hope anyway  :laugh:

Blazor

Nope, a pot of water. Food goes into a plastic bag and goes into the water.

Blazor

Man, now I wanna try that Whiskey Peach BBQ sauce lol.

Note: no forum members by the name of Peaches were harmed in the making of such said BBQ sauce.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Nope, a pot of water. Food goes into a plastic bag and goes into the water.

I see, so no char on steaks.

Frood

You char just before serving.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Yup, like Dinky said, you do it right before serving if you want. Thats what they did at my brothers, popped it out the bag and into a pan to sear both sides, which dont take long.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"You char just before serving.

A few minutes on the bbq before serving.

Frood

Salami, cheese, and cucumber sandwich on wholemeal and half an avocado.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Chicken patties with no bread, and tater wedges.

Frood

Steak, eggs, bacon, sausages, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, tomato, toast and avocado.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Pad Kratiam with the white pepper sauce.
Blahhhhhh...