Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Military Recruitment

Started by RW, April 14, 2015, 08:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

There are still several countries in the world with mandatory military service.  Countries like Isreal, Chile, Mexico, etc.

Should military service be mandatory?  If not, should the military be allowed to recruit students in high schools?
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

I believe everyone should have to serve their country, in what ever form it may take.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

What forms would you accept?
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Unfortunately in this world maintaining a strong military is necessary. In America our basic infrastructure, roads and bridges, needs to be completely rebuilt. Communities need to be cleaned up. Low income housing and shelters need to be built/rebuilt. Modernizing our industries. It's probably wishful thinking/dreaming but it could accomplish so much and save so much over the long term. Somehow it would all need to start with a type of "boot camp" to instill discipline. Little Miss and Mr. entitled would have tough time but that is not a bad thing. There is something for everyone to do even in a wheel chair. Fantasy land I know but still.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"There are still several countries in the world with mandatory military service.  Countries like Isreal, Chile, Mexico, etc.

Should military service be mandatory?  If not, should the military be allowed to recruit students in high schools?

Fuck that, to quote the The Postman movie," wouldn't it be great if wars could be fought by the assholes who started them".

easter bunny

I prefer it be voluntary but I can see why Israel would make it mandatory. High school would be acceptable I think. Kindergarten is probably a bit too early. =P

I remember doing a survey a long time ago about recruitment commercials where I suggested they show more than just soldiers in combat roles. The commercials that came out a few months later were strikingly similar to what I had envisioned. I felt like I had done my patriotic duty.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"I prefer it be voluntary but I can see why Israel would make it mandatory. High school would be acceptable I think. Kindergarten is probably a bit too early. =P

I remember doing a survey a long time ago about recruitment commercials where I suggested they show more than just soldiers in combat roles. The commercials that came out a few months later were strikingly similar to what I had envisioned. I felt like I had done my patriotic duty.

For a leftie, you surprise me at times. Then again, The Iron Ch1nk is a fiscal conservative that won't be a pitbull for anyone.

easter bunny

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "easter bunny"I prefer it be voluntary but I can see why Israel would make it mandatory. High school would be acceptable I think. Kindergarten is probably a bit too early. =P

For a leftie, you surprise me at times. Then again, The Iron Ch1nk is a fiscal conservative that won't be a pitbull for anyone.

Who says I'm a leftie? I'm more of a stay on the effing roadie!  ac_biggrin

I'm actually a fiscal conservative too. I hate wasting money!

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"

Who says I'm a leftie? I'm more of a stay on the effing roadie!  ac_biggrin

I am liking you better all the time. ac_huh  ac_dunno

easter bunny

Quote from: "easter bunny"Who says I'm a leftie? I'm more of a stay on the effing roadie!  ac_biggrin

I've always liked you!  ac_wub

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"Who says I'm a leftie? I'm more of a stay on the effing roadie!  ac_biggrin

Oh bullshit, you did not. The Iron Ch!nk is an acquired taste.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

easter bunny

Oh bullshit, you did not. The Iron Ch!nk is an acquired taste.

I think it's your short temper that turns me on.  =))

RW

You haven't seen her ass. ;)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "kiebers"Unfortunately in this world maintaining a strong military is necessary. In America our basic infrastructure, roads and bridges, needs to be completely rebuilt. Communities need to be cleaned up. Low income housing and shelters need to be built/rebuilt. Modernizing our industries. It's probably wishful thinking/dreaming but it could accomplish so much and save so much over the long term. Somehow it would all need to start with a type of "boot camp" to instill discipline. Little Miss and Mr. entitled would have tough time but that is not a bad thing. There is something for everyone to do even in a wheel chair. Fantasy land I know but still.

I would have to argue that the US military costs so much that you can no longer afford the things you've mentioned. Plenty of billions are always available for the next war, but everything and everyone else has to scrape by.

There are more than enough boot camps instilling discipline. Little Miss and Mister are sent off to war only to come back injured, unemployed, homeless and forgotten.

There's plenty enough money to spend on rebuilding, cleaning, housing and modernizing. America chooses not to spend its money on it.