The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Safe Guns?

Started by RW, April 17, 2015, 12:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frost

Safe guns :) I have many guns in the safe, and one safely beside me.

Alright, the issue of gun control, total BS, but the real issue is education, and safe gun storage.

In the US guns where in almost every home , gun clubs everyplace, and pretty much a national sport.

Now with all that gone gun crimes is way up, reason is lack of education.

Kids would learn not to mess with guns, and they sit by the door even.

Now nobody teaches the kids, and now they have many more accidents.

People leave them out still though, now kids can get them, and a crack head can also since society turned to crap.

Also whats with all the libtards with guns voting for the likes of Obama, the Hollywood ones glorify them even while telling you not to have one.

If your not home lock them up in a vault, get some basic training with one if you want one.

I like the Idea of the Safe gun in the video, but people need education before even touching one.

RW

Think of the children!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Registered Guest

Quote from: "RW"Think of the children!

Yes, the children.

I heard a partial news cast stating that a four old boy, shot his brother in the head.

The brother shot, did not survive, as I understand.

This isn't just careless storage of a firearm.
I don\'t need to remember what I did yesterday, I only need to remember what I am doing tomorrow. Today, is the here and now.

Frost

The children would be better off if the parents was educated, and taught their kids better.

Today with gun locks, and safes there shouldn't be an issue.

RW

But there is an issue :/
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frost

That's why people need educated, and instead of people like Obama letting violent offenders out, and wanting them to have a right to more guns, keep them labeled as felons.

People need good training, and education to keep kids safer, and themselves.

Frost

They also need to work on keeping the mentally ill from getting hold of guns, some of the mass shootings the last few years has been on the feds.

They get a call from the gun dealers when selling a gun, and they have to do a background check.

One of the questions is have you been deemed mentally unstable. Apparently answering those questions is a waste of time since nobody checks if they are true.

Renee

Quote from: "Frost"They also need to work on keeping the mentally ill from getting hold of guns, some of the mass shootings the last few years has been on the feds.

They get a call from the gun dealers when selling a gun, and they have to do a background check.

One of the questions is have you been deemed mentally unstable. Apparently answering those questions is a waste of time since nobody checks if they are true.

You can't really check into a person's mental health. HIPAA laws prevent any kind of inquiry into an applicants mental health history. The whole concept of a mental health background check is purposely set up for failure. It is simply another example of the ineptitude of our so-called law makers.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

It's not that difficult to get a restricted PAL in Canada.

Frost

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Frost"They also need to work on keeping the mentally ill from getting hold of guns, some of the mass shootings the last few years has been on the feds.

You can't really check into a person's mental health. HIPAA laws prevent any kind of inquiry into an applicants mental health history. The whole concept of a mental health background check is purposely set up for failure. It is simply another example of the ineptitude of our so-called law makers.

True, but when it's known like some was they should be kept from guns, many are in the police databases.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frost"
Quote from: "Renee"

True, but when it's known like some was they should be kept from guns, many are in the police databases.

Does this depend on which state a person lives in Renee and Frost?

Frost

When buying a gun there is a call to the ATF which is federal so it's all 50 states.

Any mental issue may, or may not be in a police database, likely not unless arrested.

The thing is those databases isn't tied together as much as they should be, so the ATF will okay a gun to a mental nut job.

There is a hole in the system that needs closed for mentally ill, if violent they should be in a database even if it's under the privacy gray area.

Frost

Anyone with a mentally handicapped person in the household should have any gun locked away, that should be a law as well.

Unless you carry it on you, be smart enough to lock them up, that would save a lot of lives.

It would keep kids from them, nut jobs, and thieves.

A safe is pretty reasonable anymore, many with a biometric hand print needed so you can get to them fast.

If you can afford a gun, and ammo, you can afford a good safe, or vault.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frost"When buying a gun there is a call to the ATF which is federal so it's all 50 states.

Any mental issue may, or may not be in a police database, likely not unless arrested.

The thing is those databases isn't tied together as much as they should be, so the ATF will okay a gun to a mental nut job.

There is a hole in the system that needs closed for mentally ill, if violent they should be in a database even if it's under the privacy gray area.

It only appears in the database if the wackos are convicted of an offense as I thought.