News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Some Arab/East Indian snuck on the bus without paying.

Started by RDL, April 17, 2015, 09:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RDL

I was at the library, then I went to work, then I got on the bus back to the library.

On the bus back to the library, the bus stopped outside a liquor store, and some Arab/East Indian snuck on the bus without paying.

He was holding stuff he bought at the liquor store in both hands -- a plastic bag (likely with a bottle of hard liquor in it) in one hand, and a 12-pack of beer in the other hand.

He can afford to buy that much alcohol but he can't afford the two dollars and fifty cent bus fare? Hardly seems fair.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"I was at the library, then I went to work, then I got on the bus back to the library.

On the bus back to the library, the bus stopped outside a liquor store, and some Arab/East Indian snuck on the bus without paying.

He was holding stuff he bought at the liquor store in both hands -- a plastic bag (likely with a bottle of hard liquor in it) in one hand, and a 12-pack of beer in the other hand.

He can afford to buy that much alcohol but he can't afford the two dollars and fifty cent bus fare? Hardly seems fair.

ac_dunno

RDL

Apparently it's ok for colored people but not for white people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"Apparently it's ok for colored people but not for white people.

I am a colored lady RDL.

acc_angry

Renee

Quote from: "RDL"Apparently it's ok for colored people but not for white people.

"Colored people"????

What is it 1956 in Canada?  ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RDL

Quote from: "Renee"

"Colored people"????

Yes, it is.

Annie

Lots of people get on the bus and can't always pay, it's up to the bus driver to decide whether to let them ride for free or kick them off. I've seen some bus drivers who will let people on without paying for whatever reasons like maybe they know that person is a regular rider and this day they were just down on their luck. It's not unusual to see a bus driver give someone a break.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

"Colored people"????

I am a person of color, but I do not think of myself as colored.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "RDL"I was at the library, then I went to work, then I got on the bus back to the library.

Everyone goes on the bus without paying...the only one who actually pays is you.

Frost

Quote from: "Fashionista"

"Colored people"????

I am a person of color, but I do not think of myself as colored.

We are all one color or another, it's just some minds are a little darker than others which is not so good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Lots of people get on the bus and can't always pay, it's up to the bus driver to decide whether to let them ride for free or kick them off. I've seen some bus drivers who will let people on without paying for whatever reasons like maybe they know that person is a regular rider and this day they were just down on their luck. It's not unusual to see a bus driver give someone a break.

It's up to the driver? I used to to take public transit in my first year of uni. I never saw anyone being allowed to ride if they didn't have the correct fare. Maybe Vancouver has nicer drivers. ac_umm

Romero

There are often homeless and teens saying they can't pay, whether in Vancouver or throughout the suburbs. Drivers will give them a break rather than having them have to walk, or sometimes they don't want to have to deal with a confrontation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"There are often homeless and teens saying they can't pay, whether in Vancouver or throughout the suburbs. Drivers will give them a break rather than having them have to walk, or sometimes they don't want to have to deal with a confrontation.

I have seen that in Calgary too Romero.

Romero

Yeah, I think it's fairly common in most major cities.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Yeah, I think it's fairly common in most major cities.

I wonder if drivers get into trouble for that?

ac_dunno