Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Confessions of Cashewers

Started by RW, April 25, 2015, 07:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reel

Up until a few years ago, I suffered terrible anxiety every time I had to pick up a telephone.  I couldn't phone anyone unless I knew them very well, including things like restaurant takeout or information services without freezing up and often hanging up the phone as soon as someone answered.

RW

Okay that's funny in a sad anxiety kind of way.
Beware of Gaslighters!

reel

Bricktop

I am a Dr WHO TRAGIC...a Whovian, if you will...anyone who repeats this will be E X T E R M I N A T E D.

To be a Class A zombie on The Walking Dead is on my bucket list (Class A's actually perform in a scene..Class B's are just crowds and backfillers).

I love cheesecake.

I always wanted to be a racing driver.

I am an animal lover.

I love art, but can't draw a straight line with a pencil and ruler, and I love music, and can't play a tambourine.

My ancestry is Polish. My true family name is Radzwiecz. It is not an uncommon name, and many Poles who migrated to the US changed it to a similar sounding surname, Richards.

I like bags!!!

I only wear expensive suits...I cant stand cheap clothes.

@realAzhyaAryola

I confess SPECTRE that I have no interest in replying in threads about the asylum so it's not personal, eh. Good.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

I have a secret lady crush on cc.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I confess SPECTRE that I have no interest in replying in threads about the asylum so it's not personal, eh. Good.

Scuse me? No capice!!!

reel

Quote from: "RW"Okay that's funny in a sad anxiety kind of way.

I used to have moderately debilitating anxiety.  I was terrified of telephones, on occasion, I would have to run from crowded places due to an attack, public speaking was much like an execution, etc.  I was also extremely shy.  On the positive side, smashing those issues is one of my proudest achievements.  Through a combination of training, planning, luck, the girl in the red dress, and determination, I overcame them.  At 24 I couldn't touch a phone receiver without breaking out in a cold sweat.  By 34, I became vice president of business development of an internationally recognized firm, use a phone regularly (though I still dislike it), and regularly make presentations in front of hundreds of people (almost) without issue.

RW

Quote from: "reel"
Quote from: "RW"Okay that's funny in a sad anxiety kind of way.

I used to have moderately debilitating anxiety.  I was terrified of telephones, on occasion, I would have to run from crowded places due to an attack, public speaking was much like an execution, etc.  I was also extremely shy.  On the positive side, smashing those issues is one of my proudest achievements.  Through a combination of training, planning, luck, the girl in the red dress, and determination, I overcame them.  At 24 I couldn't touch a phone receiver without breaking out in a cold sweat.  By 34, I became vice president of business development of an internationally recognized firm, use a phone regularly (though I still dislike it), and regularly make presentations in front of hundreds of people (almost) without issue.

I was much the same way.  High anxiety that was overcome through necessity and duty.  I can public speak my ass off now and actually get invited to facilitate events :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

In fact, from what I hear, they can't shut you up!!

ac_lmfao

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"In fact, from what I hear, they can't shut you up!!

ac_lmfao

They clearly don't try hard enough :P

hahahahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Cold water might help.

From a FIRE HOSE!!!

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!