Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

10 Things you might not know about me.

Started by keeper, May 06, 2015, 10:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Drunken driving and trashing the Mercedes does not count as an accident..

reel

I'll play.

1. I'm 6'1", between 200 - 210lbs depending on the day.

2. I tore my ACL when I was 19 playing soccer, but it went undiagnosed for 12 years.  I used to be extremely athletic, but slowly descended into being almost entirely sedentary as the knee prevented me from doing more and more things.  I got it fixed two years ago and I'm shifting back again, but some of the damage is permanent.

3. I started out life with bleach blonde hair, which then slowly turned red.  Later, it went almost brown.  Now it's going grey.

4. I have two kids and I'm VP of a mid size engineering firm.  I love both, but they take up virtually all of my time.  I have a plan to retire in 12 years so I can do other things.

5. I've had hypothermia twice, nearly drowned twice, suffered from oxygen deprivation, and been caught in the middle of a gasoline fire (in the snow).  I didn't end up in the hospital with any of them.

6. I put a chisel right through my brother's wrist when I was a kid.  I thought it was a potato.  He ended up in the hospital.

7. My current favourite pass time is listening to my daughter monologue.  Last night at dinner, she was explaining how her alter ego, Tureka the Terrorrunner from the Dragon galaxy, flew as an egg to multiple planets in multiple galaxies (they all had names) before getting stuck in a tree on earth, thus making it her home.  She didn't understand the irony of an egg capable of intergalactic travel getting stuck in a tree, so she was a little annoyed at me for laughing and interrupting the monologue.

8. I have a midget.  I keep him in my garage.

9. I'm very good at schemes and strategy.  Both frequently lead to complicated ethical dilemmas, which unfortunately, I spend a great deal of time thinking about.

10. My first jobs were testing batteries and overhauling the engines and pumps at Splashdown Park.

asal

Kids' monologues and songs are great.

reel

Yes.  My favourite songs are the melancholy ones where she is lamenting her various woes.  The ink dried up in her favourite pen.  She ate the last lollipop from her stash.  Her friend refused to do exactly what she was instructed to do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"I'll play.

1. I'm 6'1", between 200 - 210lbs depending on the day.

2. I tore my ACL when I was 19 playing soccer, but it went undiagnosed for 12 years.  I used to be extremely athletic, but slowly descended into being almost entirely sedentary as the knee prevented me from doing more and more things.  I got it fixed two years ago and I'm shifting back again, but some of the damage is permanent.

3. I started out life with bleach blonde hair, which then slowly turned red.  Later, it went almost brown.  Now it's going grey.

4. I have two kids and I'm VP of a mid size engineering firm.  I love both, but they take up virtually all of my time.  I have a plan to retire in 12 years so I can do other things.

5. I've had hypothermia twice, nearly drowned twice, suffered from oxygen deprivation, and been caught in the middle of a gasoline fire (in the snow).  I didn't end up in the hospital with any of them.

6. I put a chisel right through my brother's wrist when I was a kid.  I thought it was a potato.  He ended up in the hospital.

7. My current favourite pass time is listening to my daughter monologue.  Last night at dinner, she was explaining how her alter ego, Tureka the Terrorrunner from the Dragon galaxy, flew as an egg to multiple planets in multiple galaxies (they all had names) before getting stuck in a tree on earth, thus making it her home.  She didn't understand the irony of an egg capable of intergalactic travel getting stuck in a tree, so she was a little annoyed at me for laughing and interrupting the monologue.

8. I have a midget.  I keep him in my garage.

9. I'm very good at schemes and strategy.  Both frequently lead to complicated ethical dilemmas, which unfortunately, I spend a great deal of time thinking about.

10. My first jobs were testing batteries and overhauling the engines and pumps at Splashdown Park.

Hello reel, it's nice to see you here again especially with your busy schedule.

Can you tell us more about the midget you keep in the garage?

ac_wot

reel

Haha.  It's a 1972 MG midget.  Hasn't run in years.  It's a project I plan to get to one day.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"Haha.  It's a 1972 MG midget.  Hasn't run in years.  It's a project I plan to get to one day.

lol, you mean a car reel.

ac_toofunny

reel

Yup.  

Some years ago, I was conversing with a friend and without thinking about it, in the course of the conversation, I said, 'I bought some rubber for my midget.'

He looked a little surprised and said 'What kind of rubber? And where do you keep the midget.'

I responded 'In the garage.  Waterproofing rubber.'

He started to get a full WTF look on his face and I realized what had just happened.  It''s been a bit of a running joke ever since.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"Yup.  

Some years ago, I was conversing with a friend and without thinking about it, in the course of the conversation, I said, 'I bought some rubber for my midget.'

He looked a little surprised and said 'What kind of rubber? And where do you keep the midget.'

I responded 'In the garage.  Waterproofing rubber.'

He started to get a full WTF look on his face and I realized what had just happened.  It''s been a bit of a running joke ever since.

Oh my reel..

I could see how that would cause some mouths to open in shock.

Richard/RDL

1: I am 5' 10".

2: I am a dog lover.

3: My hair is brown, and my eyes are green.

4: Of all my grandparents, I was closest with my mother's mother; I never met my mother's father; I only met my father's parents once.

5: I lost my first dog, Heidi, to rat poison just before Halloween 2002.

6: My all-time favorite numbers are 13, 616, and 666.

7: My second dog, Emily, was returned to her previous owner just after Christmas 2001 because he claimed that she had been stolen from him in 1999... a few years later we found out he had to give her up in 1999 because he was about to go to jail.

8: My third dog, Kelly, used to howl at ambulances, fire trucks, and police cars.

9: I have had dental work done a number of times -- a tooth removed from the roof of my mouth in 1995; wisdom teeth removal in 2004; a filling in 2007.

10: The dog my parents have now, Cally, is like a sister to me, even though I never lived with her.

Opie Kindred

01- I sang a ballad on stage in a club in Atlantic City.

02- I was attacked by three African Americans while walking the streets of New-York and was able to fend them off.

03- I caught a barracuda with my bare hands off the coast of Fort Lauderdale.

04- I joined a chess club while in college and defeated every member within sixty days.

05- I achieved a hole-in-one on a par-three while playing La Gorce in Miami. Certificate and lapel pin awarded.

06- I've been bitten on the calf by a Canadian rattlesnake. Nobody around to suck-out the venom so I took the snakebite remedy.

07- I drowned while swimming the waters of Hammonasset Beach, Connecticut but was revived. No white lights were seen.

08- I was arrested for a crime I did not commit. A case of mistaken identity. I was released with a copy of my mug-shot as a souvenir.

09- I survived a 120 km./hr. head-on car wreck. I had a hard time finding my shoes after the hit.

10- I refused to talk the elevator and took the staircase to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

The bastard copy / pasted my official bio  ac_beating
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Annie

Quote from: "Opie Kindred"01- I sang a ballad on stage in a club in Atlantic City.

02- I was attacked by three African Americans while walking the streets of New-York and was able to fend them off.

04- I joined a chess club while in college and defeated every member within sixty days.

05- I achieved a hole-in-one on a par-three while playing La Gorce in Miami. Certificate and lapel pin awarded.

06- I've been bitten on the calf by a Canadian rattlesnake. Nobody around to suck-out the venom so I took the snakebite remedy.

07- I drowned while swimming the waters of Hammonasset Beach, Connecticut but was revived. No white lights were seen.

08- I was arrested for a crime I did not commit. A case of mistaken identity. I was released with a copy of my mug-shot as a souvenir.

09- I survived a 120 km./hr. head-on car wreck. I had a hard time finding my shoes after the hit.

10- I refused to talk the elevator and took the staircase to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Holy shiiit! You've lived an incredible life!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"
Quote from: "Opie Kindred"01- I sang a ballad on stage in a club in Atlantic City.

Holy shiiit! You've lived an incredible life!

He/she spent a lot of time in the Eastern US, that's all. I have taken the stairs in a lot of tall buildings in three continents too, but never felt the need to crow about it.

However, it does make for a colourful post.