The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Dear Friends

Started by Bricktop, May 10, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

I put this to Fash, but she suggested I seek input from the masses...

I'd like to implement a sub forum, because I believe the "one forum - one index" isn't the best way to encourage people to post.

I'd like to confine the subforum to socio-political issues, with a strict no-flaming moderation. However, that does not mean or imply I want moderator authority...I don't. But I do believe the forum as a whole would benefit from some delineation.

The sub-forum would STILL be the responsibility of the existing moderators in terms of rule enforcement.

A "Sub-Forum Host" might be a more descriptive term for what I propose. Hosting is not moderating.

Anyway, throwing it out there for your consideration...

Of course, if you deny me, I'll leave....

ac_razz

easter bunny

lol.  I've always liked things neat and orderly so that works for me. =)

RW

I support giving it a go if you make the effort and commitment to populate and post in it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Do whatever you want.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"Do whatever you want.

Well, firstly, I can't because its not MY forum, and secondly there's no point in doing so if the members either oppose or don't care.

Try and be a bit partial one way or the other!!!

But that IS the nicest thing you've ever said to me...

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"I support giving it a go if you make the effort and commitment to populate and post in it.

Not like I'm doing now, you mean?

easter bunny

The 'socio' thing is a bit vague. Why not start with a politics only forum? See how it goes.

Bricktop

Good suggestion.

How one separates the two is a bit of a brain bender...but it is a good idea.

Bricktop

Whatever makes life easier for you guys...

RW

I don't think one thread will cut it for the diversity of issues under the political hat.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

If you want a sub forum for political topics I will do that this week..

But, I don't see myself contributing much to it.

ac_umm

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I put this to Fash, but she suggested I seek input from the masses...

I'd like to implement a sub forum, because I believe the "one forum - one index" isn't the best way to encourage people to post.

I'd like to confine the subforum to socio-political issues, with a strict no-flaming moderation. However, that does not mean or imply I want moderator authority...I don't. But I do believe the forum as a whole would benefit from some delineation.

The sub-forum would STILL be the responsibility of the existing moderators in terms of rule enforcement.

A "Sub-Forum Host" might be a more descriptive term for what I propose. Hosting is not moderating.

Anyway, throwing it out there for your consideration...

Of course, if you deny me, I'll leave....

ac_razz

It's not a bad idea, but I wouldn't want to see it become too compartmentalized. I suggest getting rid of the guest area. It's become an area where that gutless candyass bruce trolls us. Put those threads in the main board and open up a political/social sub forum area.

Romero

I don't see the point in having a sub-forum for sociopolitical issues. Why have some threads hidden in a sub-forum when they can just be on the main page? Why only sociopolitical issues?

I certainly don't see how having a sociopolitical sub-forum is going to encourage people to post.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I don't see the point in having a sub-forum for sociopolitical issues. Why have some threads hidden in a sub-forum when they can just be on the main page? Why only sociopolitical issues?

I certainly don't see how having a sociopolitical sub-forum is going to encourage people to post.

I see your point too. I think what Sox is getting at, is the political junkies don't have to wade through cooking, what celebutards said or sports threads to find the only subject that interests them.

Romero

I haven't seen any political junkies complaining!