News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Know anyone who might want a PT Job with Vancouver Transit?

Started by Superchecker, May 15, 2015, 09:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Not very much money.

Superchecker is close to paying off his condo in Vancouver, he travels regularly, dines out and still puts money away for retirement.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Superchecker is close to paying off his condo in Vancouver, he travels regularly, dines out and still puts money away for retirement.

Maybe the cost of living there is much cheaper.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Maybe the cost of living there is much cheaper.

$23/hour is considered a 'decent' wage here, but in Vancouver that's fuck all.  Half of your paycheck would go to rent instantly.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

$23/hour is considered a 'decent' wage here, but in Vancouver that's fuck all.  Half of your paycheck would go to rent instantly.

Then bills and taxes and child support...not much left over....

Angry White Male

NOTHING left over.  My ex found that out when she 'went solo' on me with her $21/hour job.  She had to delay simple shit like an oil change on her car because she didn't have the $60 or whatever.

I think many people live like this.

Berry Sweet

It can be done.  People just don't know how to live within means.  They just want, want, want....so many people have debt for stupid reasons...

Angry White Male

They have to understand that there is nothing left over for entertainment.  Only a very basic existence can be lived...  Might even have to forget a car, and ride the bus.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"It can be done.  People just don't know how to live within means.  They just want, want, want....so many people have debt for stupid reasons...

That's it exactly.

Frood

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"

Then bills and taxes and child support...not much left over....

I don't get out of bed for less than 44 and i work from home most often. Usually in the 50-70's.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

The East Indians here have ensured that I cannot do that...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

If my memory serves me correct Superchecker makes over eighty thousand dollars per year..

His wife works too..

They have made a comfortable life on their combined wages.

Angry White Male

These days around here most couples have to work, as very few jobs would pay enough for the wife to sit around at home like a trophy wife...

There's a few jobs left here where that might still be possible, but those jobs are rare and the competition for them is fierce.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

If my memory serves me correct Superchecker makes over eighty thousand dollars per year..

His wife works too..

They have made a comfortable life on their combined wages.

He bought his condo a long time ago, so they can make it no problem.

I like that Superchecker. He never bitches. In fact, he seems pretty happy with his lot in life.

Angry White Male

He's one cool cat, although can get a little obsessed with posting 'now hiring' ads.

I've only seen him lose cool once, and that was many years ago on a different forum, when I went on a rant about women, and he actually called his ex a 'bitch.'

I encouraged more posting style like that from him, but it's not in his nature...

Superchecker

Reported as of July 2. Part time to start
Quote from: "Superchecker"Coast Mountain Bus Company is in need of 8 more temp to start Customer Information Clerks, $ 23 an hour. Plus temps earn an extra 21 % more in lieu of benefits.

Regular status brings paid benefits.

Located in North Surrey.

Click onto Coast Mountain Bus Company off of http://www.translink.ca/careers">http://www.translink.ca/careers
<t></t>