News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Know anyone who might want a PT Job with Vancouver Transit?

Started by Superchecker, May 15, 2015, 09:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Skippy"How can you pay rent or feed a family with a part time job

ac_dunno

There are a variety of reasons to apply for a PT job. Gets your foot in the door; other life commitments; earning $28hr PT is attractive to some. Have a second job. Work from home... Live close to the work site...

It is a stable employer. They must get a lot of c.v's?

Regional government agency, nearly 7000 employees... Ten year, $10 Billion expansion plan. Plans to build and staff a 7th transit centre in the next few years. Plans to extend SkyTrain into new areas....
<t></t>

Gaon

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Skippy"How can you pay rent or feed a family with a part time job

ac_dunno

There are a variety of reasons to apply for a PT job. Gets your foot in the door; other life commitments; earning $28hr PT is attractive to some. Have a second job. Work from home... Live close to the work site...

It is a stable employer. They must get a lot of c.v's?

Regional government agency, nearly 7000 employees... Ten year, $10 Billion expansion plan. Plans to build and staff a 7th transit centre in the next few years. Plans to extend SkyTrain into new areas....

And probably a good place to work once a person is full time.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Bus driving is a dangerous job. As dangerous as driving for Uber.

Superchecker

Lots of other opportunities.... Working in the call centre was the most recent post.

Quote from: "Velvet"Bus driving is a dangerous job. As dangerous as driving for Uber.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Lots of other opportunities.... Working in the call centre was the most recent post.

Quote from: "Velvet"Bus driving is a dangerous job. As dangerous as driving for Uber.

Vancouver's subway doesn't have drivers/operators.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Superchecker"Lots of other opportunities.... Working in the call centre was the most recent post.

Vancouver's subway doesn't have drivers/operators.

I noticed that..

I liked the Skytrain.

Superchecker

More job postings popping up...

Servicepersons needed. Sweeping out, washing and refueling buses, full time, four nights per week. $21 thru $29hr...

Interior  Cleaners needed. Thoroughly cleaning the insides of city buses, $28.24hr

SkyTrain needs a Receptionist for an 18 month term, $25 hr...
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"More job postings popping up...

Servicepersons needed. Sweeping out, washing and refueling buses, full time, four nights per week. $21 thru $29hr...

Interior  Cleaners needed. Thoroughly cleaning the insides of city buses, $28.24hr

I haven't heard of Calgary Transit doing a lot of hiring.

ac_umm

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_umm

Any idea how many transit employees in the Calgary region? We're around 7000; and hiring and training 20 new bus drivers every two weeks... Three new Rapid Bus routes launching in January... Extending two SkyTrain lines...
<t></t>

Anonymous

ac_umm

Any idea how many transit employees in the Calgary region? We're around 7000; and hiring and training 20 new bus drivers every two weeks... Three new Rapid Bus routes launching in January... Extending two SkyTrain lines...

I just did a search and apparently Calgary Transit has three thousand employees.

Superchecker

I just did a search and apparently Calgary Transit has three thousand employees.

Thanks!
<t></t>

Anonymous

Thanks!

ac_smile

Gaon

I work with a man who's wife might be interested in part time work. I mentioned transit has part time opportunities.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Those wages are a bit low for Vancouver.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Those wages are a bit low for Vancouver.

Transit wages are probably standard in all major cities in Canada.