News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Canada's Multicult Moonbeams ... WHAT Have You Done??

Started by cc, May 28, 2015, 11:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

Everybody gets to enjoy the best of all cultures. Cuisine, music, language, art, ideas...

One single culture would be terribly stale and boring. And which single culture would it be? English? French? Should our indigenous be disallowed from keeping their culture? Foreign languages and religions banned? A woman shouldn't be allowed to wear a sari?

No Chinese New Year celebrations? No St. Patrick's Day?

Odinson

Terribly stale boring is that the same fucking ook jungle and moslim culture is everywhere.

Hey romero, was it your girlfriend who said that UK has no culture and Turkey has so much cool cultural things?

Basically that bitches pea brain doesnt recognize the old british culture and only recognizes new cultures..

Odinson

Of course the left wants to bring other cultures here since the welfare check doesnt cover plane tickets to someplace else..

It seems that only whites have to adjust to these monkeys..

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero"Everybody gets to enjoy the best of all cultures. Cuisine, music, language, art, ideas...

One single culture would be terribly stale and boring. And which single culture would it be? English? French? Should our indigenous be disallowed from keeping their culture? Foreign languages and religions banned? A woman shouldn't be allowed to wear a sari?

No Chinese New Year celebrations? No St. Patrick's Day?

I agree that enjoying alternate cultures is a joy. But that does not mean we should import them. If we are so entranced by them, we can easily visit their country and enjoy it to its full.

I can live without celebrating other culture's holidays and special occasions, as they seem to be able to live without celebrating mine.

Were it a two way street, I would be more amenable...but they do NOT come to our country to share their cultural virtues, but to feed from our better lifestyle. And they hardly rejoice in our cultural events.

People who feel compelled to immerse themselves in a foreign culture are the most arrogant of all. The do it in the manner of bestowing white recognition and respect on incompatible values. They make me want to puke.

The fact is that "multiculturalism" offers no benefit. Immigration, a quite different issue, does when we "import" labour and skills we need...but do not allow full citizenship. Singapore uses foreign workers on a massive scale...but when the job is done, the labour market is full, or their skills are no longer required, they are sent back to their country of origin. They are treated as guests whilst in Singapore, but not as residents.

THAT is true multiculturalism.

Odinson

Work based immigration is something that does not compute in Romeros head..

That makes too much sense.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"Which one of you is going to tell Shen Li her handle and avatar should be Westernized? Because I have no problem with her appreciating her culture.

You guys never eat yummy Chinese, Japanese or Indian food?

Multiculturalism is about keeping the best of culture, not the worst. You may as well be blaming multiculturalism for the Italian Mafia and Asian triads.

Hey moron, the MAFIA, as in the Italian mafia, is a direct result of multiculturalism. Take it from someone who has a few relatives that are connected, the mafia is an an socially a accepted cultural entity in the "old country". Italian Immigrants brought the concept and practice to the US in the early 20th century.  The Italian mob grew out of the Italian neighborhoods that sprung up in places like NYC, Chicago, and other major cities. They started as simple protection rackets and then flourished and branched out into other criminal activity. They were nothing but an outgrowth of the society that the Italian immigrants were accustom to back in Europe. The old Dons and the key members of their respective families could all trace their roots back to Italy and Sicily for generations. The Italian mob is an ingrained social and cultural aspect of Italian society.  

Your statement eluding to the fact that multiculturalism doesn't bring along the worst of a given culture was as ignorant as it was ludicrous. You don't get to pick and chose what comes in when you freely open your doors. I guess in your world when some Middle Eastern immigrant commits an honor killing it's not a cultural practice either.  ac_rollseyes  

BTW, nice try at stirring up some hysterical argument about Shen's Avi and Sig. That was pretty dumb too, an all new hysterical low. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Multiculturalism is a fact of life in Canada, nobody can deny that. However, I strongly oppose OFFICIAL multiculturalism.

My Daddy is very active within the Chinese community's cultural life. I have seen how both the Libs and the Tories use cultural grants, promises and the photo-ops to essentially buy votes within specific ethnic communities. It's really sickening.

cc

Quote from: "Querky"Multiculturalism is about keeping the best of culture, not the worst.
That is the most lying post I have ever seen from you.

We get it ALL including the worse (caste, misogyny, supremacy, cloistering into areas, etc. etc.) too, period .. and your lyin eyes know it.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Querky"Multiculturalism is about keeping the best of culture, not the worst.
That is the dumbest  post I have ever seen from you.

We get it ALL including the worse (caste, misogyny, supremacy, cloistering, etc. etc.) too, period .. and your lyin eyes know it.

Plus those damned fiscally conservative gold digging Iron Ch!nks. ac_razz

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Those too ...... and pale Aussies

ac_smile

Do politicos try and buy votes in the pale Aussie community too? ac_razz  ac_dance

cc

Justine came immediately when we invited him for a "barby"

only to find that it was a barbecue  and not his favorite dolly ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Justine came immediately when we invited him for a "barby"

only to find that it was a barbecue  and not his favorite dolly ac_biggrin

That is believable. ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao

Romero

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I agree that enjoying alternate cultures is a joy. But that does not mean we should import them.

Huh? Enjoying alternate cultures is a joy but we shouldn't?

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"Hey moron, the MAFIA, as in the Italian mafia, is a direct result of multiculturalism. Take it from someone who has a few relatives that are connected, the mafia is an an socially a accepted cultural entity in the "old country". Italian Immigrants brought the concept and practice to the US in the early 20th century.  The Italian mob grew out of the Italian neighborhoods that sprung up in places like NYC, Chicago, and other major cities. They started as simple protection rackets and then flourished and branched out into other criminal activity. They were nothing but an outgrowth of the society that the Italian immigrants were accustom to back in Europe. The old Dons and the key members of their respective families could all trace their roots back to Italy and Sicily for generations. The Italian mob is an ingrained social and cultural aspect of Italian society.  

Your statement eluding to the fact that multiculturalism doesn't bring along the worst of a given culture was as ignorant as it was ludicrous. You don't get to pick and chose what comes in when you freely open your doors. I guess in your world when some Middle Eastern immigrant commits an honor killing it's not a cultural practice either.  ac_rollseyes  

BTW, nice try at stirring up some hysterical argument about Shen's Avi and Sig. That was pretty dumb too, an all new hysterical low. ac_toofunny

Shen Li's handle and avatar are examples of multiculturalism.

The US is a melting pot. So the Italian Mafia in the US is a direct result of the melting pot model?

Or perhaps the Italian Mafia is obviously responsible for the Italian Mafia and blaming multiculturalism is nonsense.