The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Real Woman"Munday, it's a full time job.  Most people get paid for work.  Running a charity is no different.

Agreed, charities, especially nationwide or worldwide charities require people to administer them just like any large corporation. That takes money because no one is going to work a fulltime job without compensation.

I like local charities like the foodbank with lower overhead and a volunteer staff.

RW

Those charities are great and are able to operate with lower staff levels but often if you follow the money trail to those places, you'll find bigger charities with staff who provide them with funding as well.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Those charities are great and are able to operate with lower staff levels but often if you follow the money trail to those places, you'll find bigger charities with staff who provide them with funding as well.

Oh that's true and that is exactly how TIDES funded charities operate. TIDES even lends it's charity status.

RW

Flow through granting or status "lending" is a rather common practice.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Flow through granting or status "lending" is a rather common practice.

Not really what I have in mind when I think of charities. Vivian Krause has done some interesting research on the money trail of so-called charities. Some of them are little more than fronts for corporations.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"Exactly.  Why people figure all the work carried out by charities should be done by people who aren't paid is beyond me.

it would be....i imagine youse folks hold your AGM in Aruba or some such place.....what are you allowed to take along...three or four family members on the charities dime......seems like those fucks looking after downtown vancouver have set new standard for low........of course that was mostly govt. money.......so that is ok....i guess ?????

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"Flow through granting or status "lending" is a rather common practice.

Not really what I have in mind when I think of charities. Vivian Krause has done some interesting research on the money trail of so-called charities. Some of them are little more than fronts for corporations.

yes..it is criminal that the govt. has allowed these "political entities" to obtain charitable status and steal from hard working taxpayers......this practice should end and their charters be revoked.....if people want to give, fine.....but not with my money

RW

Some private foundations are fronts for political agendas - like your beloved Fraser Institute.

You are so dramatic Mundy.

You don't know the joys of running an org on thumb tacks and chewing gum until you hit the charity scene.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

yes..it is criminal that the govt. has allowed these "political entities" to obtain charitable status and steal from hard working taxpayers......this practice should end and their charters be revoked.....if people want to give, fine.....but not with my money

It's strange that some people that claim corporations are not paying their "fair share" do apply the same logic to multi-million dollar NGO's/charities.

RW

NGOs and charities are how corps legally launder money basically, so they aren't paying their fair share in that regard either.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"NGOs and charities are how corps legally launder money basically, so they aren't paying their fair share in that regard either.

It's funny how some NGO's and charities point fingers at corporations. Pot calling the kettle black.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"Some private foundations are fronts for political agendas - like your beloved Fraser Institute.

You are so dramatic Mundy.

You don't know the joys of running an org on thumb tacks and chewing gum until you hit the charity scene.

yea that's me........unfortunately i do know the joys of which you speak....i used to have to listen to one of my ex-wives go on about it ad-nauseam......just one of the pleasures of being around that woman i no longer have to endure....keep going you will get it right sooner or later..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Point at them for what?

Like their shit don't stink.

RW

Some are just an extension of the other.
Beware of Gaslighters!