Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Yeah but he's been a right prick over the centuries.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"Reread it. A couple times. Slowly, using all my words. It's very clear I said true converts won't be swayed into accepting secular values. They'd accept death and imprisonment first.

I read what you said.  It just had that creepy fundy feel to it is all.

It is what it is. In other countries, Christians are forced to fellowship and study, and worship and pray in hiding. It won't be any different here if that day comes. A group that will take death over abandoning Christ, won't accept the forceful watering down of their church.  That Christian baker isn't going to back down. I understand that the secular world sees us as religious, that's it's mere beliefs we follow.  But it's not religion. It's a bond, a strong relationship with our God where we would rather die than give it up or dishonor it.

Would you kill for it? Falsely imprison, fine, or torture for it? Would you steal for it?
 Do evil in the sight of God, for God?  Is this a real question?

If you're feuding with another religion (directly or indirectly through the political and military avenues) and neither accept one another, how far would you go?
 I have no idea how many times someone has to say the say the same thing to you over and over but I've told you at least ten times that I don't believe in force, violance or killing. Which is why I don't particularly feel obligated to answer ridiculous and repetitive questions to a person who doesn't listen and goes off on vile, hateful tangents, complete with expressing a desire to see me have my throat cut.  Why don't you go to rehab and come back when you can think clearly enough not to gross out 90 percent of this board?  And I'm not responding to you again.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"Reread it. A couple times. Slowly, using all my words. It's very clear I said true converts won't be swayed into accepting secular values. They'd accept death and imprisonment first.

It is what it is. In other countries, Christians are forced to fellowship and study, and worship and pray in hiding. It won't be any different here if that day comes. A group that will take death over abandoning Christ, won't accept the forceful watering down of their church.  That Christian baker isn't going to back down. I understand that the secular world sees us as religious, that's it's mere beliefs we follow.  But it's not religion. It's a bond, a strong relationship with our God where we would rather die than give it up or dishonor it.

Would you kill for it? Falsely imprison, fine, or torture for it? Would you steal for it?

Have you missed all the killing God himself has done?!?!  Is it really that much of a stretch?

God also spoke the universe into existence. Can we do that?  God is entitled to take life. He is the one who gives it.

So your god is the one true god and he can take life?

Sounds like a recipe for human on human bloodshed.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Yeah but he's been a right prick over the centuries.

Because His creation should be allowed to do whatever they want with zero consequence?  Look at the destruction we caused. If God burn this while thing down, He is justified in doing so. And if you read Genesis, he saved humans....and destroyed human/angel hybrids called neplim.

Wulf

Quote from: "Chip Atkins"
Quote from: "Wulf"

You find it creepy that someone is willing to die or endure imprisonment for their beliefs? .......Interesting.

As I've said previously I'm not a religious individual but I can respect that kind of devotion to an idea or principle. That kind of resolve is not limited to religious belief and it has well served many a person for a variety of principles and issues. Just because you don't share belief in the context of it's application it doesn't make it creepy.

I am not a religious individual either. But if you join a church, synagogue or mosque, especially a fundamentalist one, then you are accepting their literal interpretations of the word.

But if they aren't doing anyone any harm; what's wrong with it? Only when these people start to interfere with society in detrimental ways is it a problem. Other than that, it is their choice to believe as they wish and it is not our place to judge.

Chip Atkins

Quote from: "RW"No offebse Chip but that's all you're comment warranted in terms of a response.

I'm not offended at all. But then again I am not the one making excuses for sticking my junk in the faces of children. Or worse, the kids that are forced by their sick parents to see that grossness.

I don't think anyone here sticks their junk in children's faces.

How do you know that? This is the thread that motivated me to register here. I've read all one thousand posts. Some people are not only not alarmed by it, they make excuses for it.

If someone at a parade is putting their junk in children's faces, talk to their parents for taking them to said parade.  That said, I don't believe people at Pride parades are doing this because they would be arrested if they were.

This is just another pedophile linking to homosexuality.  It's not right.

That is the problem, the police in too many cities are not doing their jobs. I am not linking pedophilia to homosexuality. I know that exhibitionists represent just one part of the gay community. Many of these exhibitionists that pollute the gay pride celebrations are not even gay. They are heterosexual fetishists there in public view to flaunt themselves on the one day they will likely get away with it.

Frood

Because His creation should be allowed to do whatever they want with zero consequence?  Look at the destruction we caused. If God burn this while thing down, He is justified in doing so. And if you read Genesis, he saved humans....and destroyed human/angel hybrids called neplim.

The Nephilim? Weren't they the offspring of rapey Angel giants (or Aliens, depending on who you ask) who blew their baby batter into young human girls? Sounds like a tall tale to me.
Blahhhhhh...

Wulf

Have you missed all the killing God himself has done?!?!  Is it really that much of a stretch?

Well I did but I think that's because God, who or whatever that is, didn't do it.

Chip Atkins

You find it creepy that someone is willing to die or endure imprisonment for their beliefs? .......Interesting.

As I've said previously I'm not a religious individual but I can respect that kind of devotion to an idea or principle. That kind of resolve is not limited to religious belief and it has well served many a person for a variety of principles and issues. Just because you don't share belief in the context of it's application it doesn't make it creepy.

I am not a religious individual either. But if you join a church, synagogue or mosque, especially a fundamentalist one, then you are accepting their literal interpretations of the word.

But if they aren't doing anyone any harm; what's wrong with it? Only when these people start to interfere with society in detrimental ways is it a problem. Other than that, it is their choice to believe as they wish and it is not our place to judge.

That is what I was getting at. I understand fundamentalist places of worship hold a literal view. As I read this thread it seems that some people who are not religious are not willing to accept that. They want these places of worship to exchange their non religious values for what they perceive as dated ones. I don't do that. I don't care if their books say I am going to hell. But, if they want to cut my head off then I would be offended. :wink:

Anonymous

Well I did but I think that's because God, who or whatever that is, didn't do it.
 Oh no...He did. He wiped out everything on the planet in the flood.  He destroyed Sodom with fire and brimstone. He instructed Israel to slaughter all surrounding nations (pagans).  Gods wrath in the OT, was nothing to mess with lol.

RW

I have read Genisis.  It's one of my favourite chapters in the Bible minus the boring begates section.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Oh no...He did. He wiped out everything on the planet in the flood.  He destroyed Sodom with fire and brimstone. He instructed Israel to slaughter all surrounding nations (pagans).  Gods wrath in the OT, was nothing to mess with lol.

Hush now my child.  We don't talk poorly of Isreal around here.  The A-rab dislikers get huffy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Yeah and he turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt, had Noah build an ark, parted the Red Sea and all that shit too.

Believe what you want it's your choice. If you draw spiritual strength from it then that's wonderful but don't wave it in my face.

BTW, where was the city of Sodom? Do we have any proof of it's existence other than Homo Bob being a probable descendant of one of it's inhabitants?  :wink:

I know the alleged city of Troy and other once thought of as mythical places have been found but I don't recall any archaeological digs for the city of Sodom.

RW

Quote from: "RW"No offebse Chip but that's all you're comment warranted in terms of a response.

I'm not offended at all. But then again I am not the one making excuses for sticking my junk in the faces of children. Or worse, the kids that are forced by their sick parents to see that grossness.

I don't think anyone here sticks their junk in children's faces.

How do you know that? This is the thread that motivated me to register here. I've read all one thousand posts. Some people are not only not alarmed by it, they make excuses for it.

If someone at a parade is putting their junk in children's faces, talk to their parents for taking them to said parade.  That said, I don't believe people at Pride parades are doing this because they would be arrested if they were.

This is just another pedophile linking to homosexuality.  It's not right.

That is the problem, the police in too many cities are not doing their jobs. I am not linking pedophilia to homosexuality. I know that exhibitionists represent just one part of the gay community. Many of these exhibitionists that pollute the gay pride celebrations are not even gay. They are heterosexual fetishists there in public view to flaunt themselves on the one day they will likely get away with it.

So why are you bugging Gay Boy Bob about it?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Yeah and he turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt, had Noah build an ark, parted the Red Sea and all that shit too.

Believe what you want it's your choice. If you draw spiritual strength from it then that's wonderful but don't wave it in my face.

BTW, where was the city of Sodom? Do we have any proof of it's existence other than Homo Bob being a probable ancestor of one of it's inhabitants?  :wink:

I know the alleged city of Troy and other once thought of as mythical places have been found but I don't recall any archaeological digs for the city of Sodom.

When God does his flaming, he does it right!
Beware of Gaslighters!