The best topic

Replies: 10413
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:03:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

J0E

Quote from: "cc la femme"You guys realize that this long Bible Thread is not called BibleBook, eh? - it is called "Gaybook"

Just struck me as odd / a bit funny
Well it is somewhat relevant, because when the society was religious & the theologians had the power, they told everyone else what to do. Groups such as they gay people felt they were being bullied and had an agenda shoved down their throat.

But now the gays organized into the LGBTQ crowd and they're forcing their agenda upon everyone else just like the religious people before them pushed theirs. Redefining society in their own image. So what we get is the opposite of what we had before.

Interesting how freedom of speech and thought never really lasts. For a while in the 60s and 70s we had free speech, then the righties/moral majority took over, now its the lefties/LGBTQ feminists with their ultra political lingo. We have this illusion which is granted by the Elite that we do, but when one group takes over, they push their agenda on everyone else, and marginalizing the groups that once did it to them.

Anonymous

Did you read about the angry gay guy who tried to sue a bible publishing company because the verses about homosexuality gave him emotional trauma?  It's nuts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"You just agreed with me Dove in the most convoluted way I've ever seen in my life.
Perhaps, we were saying the same thing in different words. Lol. Most of the time when people come at a Christian saying the bible isn't literal....that's their way of saying it's open to interpretation, full of fairytales...and us Christians are just oh so stupid and ignorant.

RW

It is open to interpretation.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "Frank"Well it is somewhat relevant, because when the society was religious & the theologians had the power, they told everyone else what to do. Groups such as they gay people felt they were being bullied and had an agenda shoved down their throat.

But now the gays organized into the LGBTQ crowd and they're forcing their agenda upon everyone else just like the religious people before them pushed theirs. Redefining society in their own image. So what we get is the opposite of what we had before.

Interesting how freedom of speech and thought never really lasts. For a while in the 60s and 70s we did, then the righties/moral majority took over, now its the lefties/LGBTQ feminists with their ultra political lingo. We have this illusion which is granted by the Elite that we do, but when one group takes over replacing another, they let us know they're in power by pushing their agenda on everyone else, and marginalizing the groups that once did it to them. Just replace one group with the other, that's the only difference.

Another example of someone who thinks free speech is supposed to be only for them.

You're allowed to be a homophobe, Joe. Doesn't mean others aren't entitled to their free speech, thought, and equal rights.

When are you going to stop shoving your agenda down our throats?

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Example: Deuturonomy 22:28-29.

Please explain for the class how you support this passage literally in our day and age.

I missed this earlier RW..

We have discussed this in my women's bible study group..

This is a usual point by non believers as evidence that the Bible is not the actual Word of God..

This issue is actually addressed in two passages..

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 "If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days."

Exodus 22:16-17 "If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride price for virgins."

But her father is ultimately in authority over her, as her head, until he hands this authority over to her husband..

If the man is unsuitable, the father can refuse to give his daughter to him. How many fathers would give their daughter to a rapist? Probably none..

So, in general, a rapist would actually have to pay a 50 silver shekel fine to her father, and not get a wife at all.

The answer to the question is in Exodus 22:17 - the woman does NOT have to marry a rapist, she must only do what her father says..

Throughout the Old Testament no rape victim is ever recorded as being forced to marry a rapist.

Anonymous

Also "violation" in those days was simply losing your virginity outside of marriage. Hence why Tamar begged her rapist to at least marry her and not leave her deflowered and single. It was an entirely different time and culture.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Frank"Well it is somewhat relevant, because when the society was religious & the theologians had the power, they told everyone else what to do. Groups such as they gay people felt they were being bullied and had an agenda shoved down their throat.

Interesting how freedom of speech and thought never really lasts. For a while in the 60s and 70s we did, then the righties/moral majority took over, now its the lefties/LGBTQ feminists with their ultra political lingo. We have this illusion which is granted by the Elite that we do, but when one group takes over replacing another, they let us know they're in power by pushing their agenda on everyone else, and marginalizing the groups that once did it to them. Just replace one group with the other, that's the only difference.

Another example of someone who thinks free speech is supposed to be only for them.

You're allowed to be a homophobe, Joe. Doesn't mean others aren't entitled to their free speech, thought, and equal rights.

When are you going to stop shoving your agenda down our throats?
 You need to step back and soul search as to why you are so defensive with your sexually that you read attacks that don't exist, and make literally everything about hetro vs homo.

keeper

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"Imagine a church that accept sinners!  Oh the humanity!

Hahaha
 um, everyone is a sinner.

Take that back :43(2):

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"It is open to interpretation.

No....it's not. Why do you think there are so many verses about false teachers?  It is not open. It means what it means. This is why when pastors start teaching wrong, they are called heretics. The bible absolutely not open to interpretation. That's apostasy.

Bricktop

https://thechapel.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/good-friday2.jpg?w=645">

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Example: Deuturonomy 22:28-29.

Please explain for the class how you support this passage literally in our day and age.

I missed this earlier RW..

We have discussed this in my women's bible study group..

This is a usual point by non believers as evidence that the Bible is not the actual Word of God..

This issue is actually addressed in two passages..

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 "If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days."

Exodus 22:16-17 "If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride price for virgins."

But her father is ultimately in authority over her, as her head, until he hands this authority over to her husband..

If the man is unsuitable, the father can refuse to give his daughter to him. How many fathers would give their daughter to a rapist? Probably none..

So, in general, a rapist would actually have to pay a 50 silver shekel fine to her father, and not get a wife at all.

The answer to the question is in Exodus 22:17 - the woman does NOT have to marry a rapist, she must only do what her father says..

Throughout the Old Testament no rape victim is ever recorded as being forced to marry a rapist.

If a woman was not a virgin, no would want her even if they had to pay up.  So the dad would receive money but then he'd have to ha e his daughter around and bringing shame to the family.  I bet the rapist paid and took her with him.

The OT doesn't record every infraction so that point doesn't hold.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Hahaha

I'm not. I don't believe in sin.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Hahaha

What DO you believe in?

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Hahaha

What DO you believe in?

Lots of things. Sin isn't one of them though. The concept of sin was created by mankind to manage the plebes.
Blahhhhhh...