The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"No. I can swim quite well and float even better. I'm also cool with death.

Have you considered weight watchers?

Why are you people still banging on about this.

Nobody's mind will change. Dove has her experiences which she claims has helped her regain her life. Others of us have done so without a God.

This discussion is a silly attempt at each one of you trying to convince the other you're right, when that is plainly impossible...even moreso when you post drivel like possum, here.

This thread needs to be locked, and its protagonists moved on to something more interesting. Like why Australia, even with Victoria attached, is a better place to live than the frozen wastes of Canadaland.

J0E

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Have you considered weight watchers?

This thread needs to be locked, and its protagonists moved on to something more interesting. Like why Australia, even with Victoria attached, is a better place to live than the frozen wastes of Canadaland.

....actually I think its a somewhat interesting read. It made me think that it'd be a suitable topic in another thread ~ namely why many are turning away from organized religion and why it no longer has the authority it used to.

Dove uses the Bible to justify her views but she's clearly uncomfortable with homosexuals and homosexuality.

Mind you, in that regard, she's not alone.

Anonymous

I'm not uncomfortable with it. I used to identify as bisexual. I've been with women. Some of my best friends through the years have been gay. My aunts are a married lesbian couple. But I understand how it's contrary to God's intended plan for humans, as the relationship between one man and woman is sacred.  What I'm uncomfortable with is how the "upper hand" is now with the lgbt community and they are taking advantage of it anywhere they can. The bible says our fight is not with flesh and blood, but spirits and principalities. I've seen this at play in this broken world.

RW

How does one take advantage of equality?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"Everyone says they are okay with death until they staring down the barrel. Then spirituality becomes a high priority. I see it at work everynight. I see it at the mission. I see it in my close friend whose wife just died from a massive stroke last week.  I didn't say the middle of a lake. I said middle of the ocean....and if you think you'd be all cool and calm in that situation, you are lying to yourself. People just don't handled feeling helpless well.

I'm obviously not like everyone else or anybody else you've met. They sound weak. I pity them.

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"No. I can swim quite well and float even better. I'm also cool with death.

Have you considered weight watchers?

Why are you people still banging on about this.

Nobody's mind will change. Dove has her experiences which she claims has helped her regain her life. Others of us have done so without a God.

This discussion is a silly attempt at each one of you trying to convince the other you're right, when that is plainly impossible...even moreso when you post drivel like possum, here.

The convincing attempt parts happened awhile back. Now it's just a bit of poke the religious monkeys with a stick for shits and giggles. Where have you been? Never Never Land?  :001_tongue:

QuoteThis thread needs to be locked, and its protagonists moved on to something more interesting. Like why Australia, even with Victoria attached, is a better place to live than the frozen wastes of Canadaland.

Sure, whatever.

As Sam Newman once aptly pointed out during a Footy Show episode: South Australians are proof that Tasmanians can swim.  :laugh:

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"Have you considered weight watchers?

....actually I think its a somewhat interesting read. It made me think that it'd be a suitable topic in another thread ~ namely why many are turning away from organized religion and why it no longer has the authority it used to.

Dove uses the Bible to justify her views but she's clearly uncomfortable with homosexuals and homosexuality.

Mind you, in that regard, she's not alone.

She uses the bible to manage her previous behaviors and sexuality.

Dove said: I used to identify as bisexual.

Used to?  ac_toofunny

Quote from: "RW"How does one take advantage of equality?

By refusing to continue to participate in societal wide inequality, it looks like.
Blahhhhhh...

J0E

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "RW"Good point.  It's just an agenda to shut up religious groups.  I can get behind that.

Muzzle, bully one group as they were bullied before.

Yeah right, jes marginalize one group so the other group can get what it wants.

Yeah that's how the pendulum swings.  The thing is with that this so called gay agenda has many supporters who aren't gay because we can see the religious hypocrisy and control.  I'd rather be a slave to humanity than a slave to the church.

So really, what you get is the diametric opposite taking over.

What those in the middle seem to be left with is the choice of -

Join our religion, become a member for JesusLand - otherwise we won't let you in our group, shut you out of jobs and sharing the benefits of society if you don't believe in God

- or -

Back our Gay Agenda, be sympathetic to Our Gay Agenda - otherwise we'll ostracize you, shut you of jobs and sharing the benefits of society if you don't believe in LGBTQ.

...there's nothin' for the rest of us who don't believe in either.

Kind of reminds me of that tune "Stuck in the Middle with You."

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

...though the tune was written over 40 years ago, it still has amazing relevance.

Anonymous

Besides baiting and attacking....keeping themselves as unequal as possible.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Good point.  It's just an agenda to shut up religious groups.  I can get behind that.

Yeah that's how the pendulum swings.  The thing is with that this so called gay agenda has many supporters who aren't gay because we can see the religious hypocrisy and control.  I'd rather be a slave to humanity than a slave to the church.

Join our religion, become a member for JesusLand - otherwise we won't let you in our group, shut you out of jobs and sharing the benefits of society if you don't believe in God

- or -

Back our Gay Agenda, be sympathetic to Our Gay Agenda - otherwise we'll ostracize you, shut you of jobs and sharing the benefits of society if you don't believe in LGBTQ.

...though the tune was written over 40 years ago, it still has amazing relevance.  Everyone thinks they are the exception...so yeah, you are just as weak as everyone else who struggles with extreme thinking and no balance.   And yeah, I used to identify as bisexuals until I dealt with myself. And no the bible doesn't manage my behavoirs, the holy spirit does.  Why do people always try rationalizing the faith of others? Lol.  If you know the bible, you'll know God is not a politician...let alone a right wing conservative.  He also isn't a liberal lefty who says "accept all", and His rebirth is His gift.  It cannot be forced.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"

That happens during a fight of inequality.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

- or -

...though the tune was written over 40 years ago, it still has amazing relevance.
It's how change works.  The pendulum swings too far to the other side then it corrects itself.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"

That happens during a fight of inequality.
 Not really.  Tyranny only causes uprising.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Yanno....I'm part of an outreach mission in an inner city. The only people I ever see out on these streets, trying to help people, are Christians. I continually see everyone else blowing past that homeless mom with her toddler. That dirty drunk man on the sidewalk.  People talk ALOT about humanity but do you stop and see the need when it's right in front of your faces?  I saw a video on facebook, this man used his phone to record a young mother and her 10 year old on a public bus. The mother was knodding out uncontrolably....clearly whacked on heroin. The daughter was trying to keep her mom awake and struggling with holding her up.  Nobody really did a thing. Tape recording and posting it on facebook...so everyone can rip her to shreds. That's who we are a society here.  Who is willing to crawl into the ship pile?  My pastors ministry. The "prayer van" I see handing out sandwiches and offering resources, rides to rehab and care to ghetto street hookers. I'm just sayin.  I have yet, in all my three decades, in all my travels, to see one upper middle class self proclaimed "slave to humanity" come off their throne and put their manicured hands on real human suffering. One good deed every other year that you need several pats on the back for isn't cutting it. Nor is sending off checks for a warm fuzzy feeling.  Not throwing stones here....we all get wrapped up in ourselves, just throwing this out there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Yes really.
 I know. It really causes a lot of problems when your rights stomp on other people's rights.  They have marriage. They don't need to force the issue.

Anonymous

And it's not as if I've never questioned my faith.  I won't deny the "church" is such a mess that if Jesus was physically here telling us His thoughts, He would certainly be labeled a radical, non Christian bigot who needs to read the bible.