The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"Look, you know how I feel about the nudity and sex stuff at a pride parade.  I shouldn't be forced to attend that under any circumstance, let alone be forced to cater it. People used to have a right to decide what contracts they wanted to enter.

In other words people should have the right to discriminate.  Yeah, see, we're past that as a society.  Please catch up.

In the U.S., I don't believe there is a separation between church and state.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"Look, you know how I feel about the nudity and sex stuff at a pride parade.  I shouldn't be forced to attend that under any circumstance, let alone be forced to cater it. People used to have a right to decide what contracts they wanted to enter.

In other words people should have the right to discriminate.  Yeah, see, we're past that as a society.  Please catch up.

Do you even know what "the separation between church and state" means in the US?

Most people don't which is evident when they trot out the tired and pseudo constitutional arguments regarding how religion should play no part in government.

Anonymous

Anonymous

past it.....right into government regulated everything, right?  You can freely express your beliefs and be who you are so long as it's approved.  This isn't equality, nor is it moving forward.

Chip Atkins

Quote from: "Gay Boy Bob"I have scoured the Bible, but nowhere do I see anything about photo radar.

When you stick your junk in the faces of little boys are you wearing a ring on it?

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "Chip Atkins"
Quote from: "Gay Boy Bob"I have scoured the Bible, but nowhere do I see anything about photo radar.

When you stick your junk in the faces of little boys are you wearing a ring on it?

That's your fantasy. Not mine.
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

RW

Quote from: "Wulf"

Do you even know what "the separation between church and state" means in the US?

Most people don't which is evident when they trot out the tired and pseudo constitutional arguments regarding how religion should play no part in government.

It means nothing in the U.S. haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Chip Atkins"

Aren't you a little new to be insulting our regular members there Chip?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Seriously, that's your answer? If you don't know, just say so.

RW

No not seriously :P

It's your first amendment's limitation to Congress creating laws around religion and the free exercise of it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

:laugh3:

It's your first amendment's limitation to Congress creating laws around religion and the free exercise of it.

Nice Google,......Wikipedia?

The phrase "a separation of church and state" is generally credited to Thomas Jefferson and what it means is the government shall not declare an official religion by legislation.

RW

That too.

But the term separation of church and state has developed a new meaning and you know it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wulf":laugh3:

Nice Google,......Wikipedia?

The phrase "a separation of church and state" is generally credited to Thomas Jefferson and what it means is the government shall not declare an official religion by legislation.

That's what I thought too Wulf..

But, it's the state's job to try at least to accommodate diverse lifestyles..

The church's job to uphold the gospel of Jesus Christ..

We can't expect that secular society to accept the church's mission and the state cannot expect us to accept secular values within the church.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
We can't expect that secular society to accept the church's mission and the state cannot expect us to accept secular values within the church.

Yes, it can.

I'm sure you've noticed that religion's grip on society has been severely reduced over the past 50 or 60 years.

When I was a child, simply saying "there is no God" would result in severe punishment...even if those overhearing were not devout.

Religion was a school subject. Attendance required. Prayers mandatory.

Every home had a bible.

Churches were filled to capacity, and attendance on Sunday was a given.

But now, religion has been exposed as a sanctuary for paedophiles, charlatans, manipulators and liars. Fact has overrun fiction.

Consequently, the State will continue to overrule and override religious imperatives. In fact, I would vote for greater removal of religion from society.

Religion-based holidays would be withdrawn.

Religions would have their tax exempt status removed.

Religions who knowingly and willingly harboured paedophiles would be expunged.

Religions who are clearly based on deception and lies, to the extent that they persecute and harass their followers (Scientology, I'm looking at you) will be banned.

Doorknocking and street harassment will be banned.

Religious icons will be confined to churches, and not be displayed in schools or other community centres such as courts or public buildings.

For the truly religious, these measures will have no impact on their faith. For the rest of us, it will allow us to progress and grow as a civilisation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes, it can.

I'm sure you've noticed that religion's grip on society has been severely reduced over the past 50 or 60 years.

When I was a child, simply saying "there is no God" would result in severe punishment...even if those overhearing were not devout.

Religion was a school subject. Attendance required. Prayers mandatory.

Every home had a bible.

Churches were filled to capacity, and attendance on Sunday was a given.

But now, religion has been exposed as a sanctuary for paedophiles, charlatans, manipulators and liars. Fact has overrun fiction.

Consequently, the State will continue to overrule and override religious imperatives. In fact, I would vote for greater removal of religion from society.

Religion-based holidays would be withdrawn.

Religions would have their tax exempt status removed.

Religions who knowingly and willingly harboured paedophiles would be expunged.

Religions who are clearly based on deception and lies, to the extent that they persecute and harass their followers (Scientology, I'm looking at you) will be banned.

Doorknocking and street harassment will be banned.

Religious icons will be confined to churches, and not be displayed in schools or other community centres such as courts or public buildings.

For the truly religious, these measures will have no impact on their faith. For the rest of us, it will allow us to progress and grow as a civilisation.

You're talking about societal norms and religion..

Christianity is a relationship with a living God through Jesus Christ, it is not a religion..

The real church will never water down the gospel of Jesus Christ to be accepted by secular society..

Bible believing churches are growing while the mainstream fake churches see empty benches..

If a real church pastor starts to water down the gospel, he will be replaced by a leader with a true faith and the courage of his convictions..