Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"Reread it. A couple times. Slowly, using all my words. It's very clear I said true converts won't be swayed into accepting secular values. They'd accept death and imprisonment first.

I read what you said.  It just had that creepy fundy feel to it is all.

You find it creepy that someone is willing to die or endure imprisonment for their beliefs? .......Interesting.

As I've said previously I'm not a religious individual but I can respect that kind of devotion to an idea or principle. That kind of resolve is not limited to religious belief and it has well served many a person for a variety of principles and issues. Just because you don't share belief in the context of it's application it doesn't make it creepy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Reread it. A couple times. Slowly, using all my words. It's very clear I said true converts won't be swayed into accepting secular values. They'd accept death and imprisonment first.

It is what it is. In other countries, Christians are forced to fellowship and study, and worship and pray in hiding. It won't be any different here if that day comes. A group that will take death over abandoning Christ, won't accept the forceful watering down of their church.  That Christian baker isn't going to back down. I understand that the secular world sees us as religious, that's it's mere beliefs we follow.  But it's not religion. It's a bond, a strong relationship with our God where we would rather die than give it up or dishonor it.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"

It is what it is. In other countries, Christians are forced to fellowship and study, and worship and pray in hiding. It won't be any different here if that day comes. A group that will take death over abandoning Christ, won't accept the forceful watering down of their church.  That Christian baker isn't going to back down. I understand that the secular world sees us as religious, that's it's mere beliefs we follow.  But it's not religion. It's a bond, a strong relationship with our God where we would rather die than give it up or dishonor it.

Would you kill for it? Falsely imprison, fine, or torture for it? Would you steal for it?
Blahhhhhh...

Wulf

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Are you threatening violence because other people not of your faith or any faith at all want to have true social equality and be treated with dignity and respect?

That's kind of how I read it too - a little bit of a fundy weirdness.

Maybe she only meant it in the context of religious fundamentalists not getting their way over social policy anymore and threatening to spray paint cross graffiti on Pride March Posters or have priests bless the community water supply in a late night religious black ops?

Quote from: "Wulf""Arrogance and an inflated sense of self is NOT a substitute for brains"

Quote from: "Wulf"

Wow, looky here, another stunted cunt that doesn't know enough when to STFU, what a surprise.  :oeudC:

Why don't you try addressing the question I asked you instead of blabbering out your usual nonsense? What's the matter Skippy; you have a fear of gaining some credibility or are you just as fucking inane as most of us know you are?

Don't worry cupcake, you don't have to answer. I already know what you are all about.

ac_toofunny

Got nothin eh?

Well, no consolation prize for you.  :001_rolleyes:

RW

You find it creepy that someone is willing to die or endure imprisonment for their beliefs? .......Interesting.

As I've said previously I'm not a religious individual but I can respect that kind of devotion to an idea or principle. That kind of resolve is not limited to religious belief and it has well served many a person for a variety of principles and issues. Just because you don't share belief in the context of it's application it doesn't make it creepy.

If Dove was Muslim, how would you feel about that comment?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

You find it creepy that someone is willing to die or endure imprisonment for their beliefs? Interesting.

Yeah, that desire to stand by convictions to the point of death...it's what honor is all about.  It's that and deeper with followers of Christ.  Martyrs have sang hymns to the Lord while being tortured to death. I read about one guy who was being skinned alive for refusing to deny Christ. He was quoted shouting out "Thank you for removing me of my earthly garment, I shall soon put on my new one in Christ".  The political religious right isn't the face of the faith.  It's a misrepresentation. People have a hard time in western nations separating it from some political thing.

Chip Atkins

Quote from: "Chip Atkins"
Quote from: "RW"No offebse Chip but that's all you're comment warranted in terms of a response.

I'm not offended at all. But then again I am not the one making excuses for sticking my junk in the faces of children. Or worse, the kids that are forced by their sick parents to see that grossness.

I don't think anyone here sticks their junk in children's faces.

How do you know that? This is the thread that motivated me to register here. I've read all one thousand posts. Some people are not only not alarmed by it, they make excuses for it.

RW

Can we maybe cut the shit guys and debate :D
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Wulf said: "Arrogance and an inflated sense of self is NOT a substitute for brains."

ac_lmfao

If Dove was Muslim, how would you feel about that comment?

Oh no, you didn't!? lol
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Would you kill for it? Falsely imprison, fine, or torture for it? Would you steal for it?
 Do evil in the sight of God, for God?  Is this a real question?

RW

Quote from: "RW"No offebse Chip but that's all you're comment warranted in terms of a response.

I'm not offended at all. But then again I am not the one making excuses for sticking my junk in the faces of children. Or worse, the kids that are forced by their sick parents to see that grossness.

I don't think anyone here sticks their junk in children's faces.

How do you know that? This is the thread that motivated me to register here. I've read all one thousand posts. Some people are not only not alarmed by it, they make excuses for it.

If someone at a parade is putting their junk in children's faces, talk to their parents for taking them to said parade.  That said, I don't believe people at Pride parades are doing this because they would be arrested if they were.

This is just another pedophile linking to homosexuality.  It's not right.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Have you missed all the killing God himself has done?!?!  Is it really that much of a stretch?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

If you're feuding with another religion (directly or indirectly through the political and military avenues) and neither accept one another, how far would you go?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Have you missed all the killing God himself has done?!?!  Is it really that much of a stretch?

God also spoke the universe into existence. Can we do that?  God is entitled to take life. He is the one who gives it.

Chip Atkins

I am not a religious individual either. But if you join a church, synagogue or mosque, especially a fundamentalist one, then you are accepting their literal interpretations of the word.