The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

God

Started by RW, July 28, 2015, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "RW"I said decent, not good :)

Why not just do terrible things and find God at the end of it and go to Heaven?!

Alternately why not do what you think is right and not worry about the afterlife, if any does in fact exist, and let the cards fall there?

Like Keeper implied, maybe the earth dwelling god crazies are a lower caste in the afterlife.
Blahhhhhh...

keeper

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "RW"I said decent, not good :)

Why not just do terrible things and find God at the end of it and go to Heaven?!

Alternately why not do what you think is right and not worry about the afterlife, if any does in fact exist, and let the cards fall there?

Like Keeper implied, maybe the earth dwelling god crazies are a lower caste in the afterlife.

Maybe???

MAYBE???

I always tell the truth, Even when i Lie  :wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I don't understand something about the whole God thing....

You can be a huge piece of shit and do terrible things in your life and all will be forgiven if you repent while a person who has been decent and who has done nothing terribly bad will not go to the kingdom of heaven.

I can't help but feel just a little resentful of the born agains who got to fuck around while the rest of us behaved.
 Well sin is sin. Humans put levels on it. God doesnt. That's the thing, you broke His law already. No one meets the holy standard.  It's not so much about behaving or what we do as it is about what Jesus did and how we surrender to Him.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"

You can be a huge piece of shit and do terrible things in your life and all will be forgiven if you repent while a person who has been decent and who has done nothing terribly bad will not go to the kingdom of heaven.

I can't help but feel just a little resentful of the born agains who got to fuck around while the rest of us behaved.
 Well sin is sin. Humans put levels on it. God doesnt. That's the thing, you broke His law already. No one meets the holy standard.  It's not so much about behaving or what we do as it is about what Jesus did and how we surrender to Him.

If you could replace the plurals with singulars in that statement, religious people would be more respected by nonreligious people.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Why do you assume we care about getting respect from non believers?  You either respect us or you dont. That's your business.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"Why do you assume we care about getting respect from non believers?  You either respect us or you dont. That's your business.

Because religion followers (Christian, Muslim, etcetera) include non followers in their faith system regardless if non followers see any merits or accuracy in them or not at all.

Wouldn't you agree that it's arrogant and inherently dangerous to impose a faith based system on those who do not follow it?

Wouldn't a faith who believes in the potential of all sentient beings to follow a righteous path to enlightenment refrain from imposing its will and interpretations on others?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Dd, how many times do I have to repeat, that you cannot force faith into a person? That even the bible teaches that? That bible believing Christians simply don't go there with politics?  Fash even stated this. How many times do you need this said? Are you reading it this time?

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"Dd, how many times do I have to repeat, that you cannot force faith into a person? That even the bible teaches that? That bible believing Christians simply don't go there with politics?  Fash even stated this. How many times do you need this said? Are you reading it this time?

I was remarking about this:

If you could replace the plurals with singulars in that statement, religious people would be more respected by nonreligious people.

If you would have prefaced with "In our belief, our interpretations of sin are shared sins across all humanity. We believe that humans put levels on it. Our own perception of God doesn't. That's the thing, according to our way of thinking, humanity broke his law already. We feel that non one could meet the holy standard of our faith but we strive for it regardless. It's not so much about behaving or actions in our faith but out belief in Jesus and his actions which we, as Christians, want to surrender to."

See how easy that was? It's respectful of other ways too.
Blahhhhhh...

Gay Boy Roberto

As an Anglican priest once said: If there is no God, chance is a great artist
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Dd, how many times do I have to repeat, that you cannot force faith into a person? That even the bible teaches that? That bible believing Christians simply don't go there with politics?  Fash even stated this. How many times do you need this said? Are you reading it this time?

I was remarking about this:

If you would have prefaced with "In our belief, our interpretations of sin are shared sins across all humanity. We believe that humans put levels on it. Our own perception of God doesn't. That's the thing, according to our way of thinking, humanity broke his law already. We feel that non one could meet the holy standard of our faith but we strive for it regardless. It's not so much about behaving or actions in our faith but out belief in Jesus and his actions which we, as Christians, want to surrender to."

See how easy that was? It's respectful of other ways too.
 It's not very respectful to police how others express their world view. If it doesn't apply, let it fly.

RW

Are Christians just those who can't make it within more structured religions or is there some deeper seeded history to it?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

RW, the Bible isn't a religious book. And the church, according to the bible...is the body of Christ. These are born again by the Spirit believers. The deeper seeded history would be the entire NT.  Have you read the book of Acts?

Anonymous

http://www.truthforfree.com/html/article_christianitynotreligion.html">http://www.truthforfree.com/html/articl ... igion.html">http://www.truthforfree.com/html/article_christianitynotreligion.html THIS.

J0E

Quote from: "Dove"I had gotten "in the flesh" with my husband and was driving to work feeling hopelessly sinful and talking to God about how I feel like a perpetual train wreck. I looked up to see the clouds were gold, the sunset sky was so beautiful, and then "I would die for you" by prince came on the radio.  God is comfort and deep inner peace ♡

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOcm0Ffl6gA

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Are Christians just those who can't make it within more structured religions or is there some deeper seeded history to it?

Structured religions are man made..

Christianity is a relationship with the one true God through his son Jesus Christ.