The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

God

Started by RW, July 28, 2015, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dove"Dd, how many times do I have to repeat, that you cannot force faith into a person? That even the bible teaches that? That bible believing Christians simply don't go there with politics?  Fash even stated this. How many times do you need this said? Are you reading it this time?

I was remarking about this:

Quote from: "RW"I don't understand something about the whole God thing....

You can be a huge piece of shit and do terrible things in your life and all will be forgiven if you repent while a person who has been decent and who has done nothing terribly bad will not go to the kingdom of heaven.

I can't help but feel just a little resentful of the born agains who got to fuck around while the rest of us behaved.
 Well sin is sin. Humans put levels on it. God doesnt. That's the thing, you broke His law already. No one meets the holy standard.  It's not so much about behaving or what we do as it is about what Jesus did and how we surrender to Him.

If you could replace the plurals with singulars in that statement, religious people would be more respected by nonreligious people.

If you would have prefaced with "In our belief, our interpretations of sin are shared sins across all humanity. We believe that humans put levels on it. Our own perception of God doesn't. That's the thing, according to our way of thinking, humanity broke his law already. We feel that non one could meet the holy standard of our faith but we strive for it regardless. It's not so much about behaving or actions in our faith but out belief in Jesus and his actions which we, as Christians, want to surrender to."

See how easy that was? It's respectful of other ways too.
 It's not very respectful to police how others express their world view. If it doesn't apply, let it fly.

Yet you incorporated me into what I feel is complete and utter delusion bullshit. How respectful was that of you towards me? If you like to eat bullshit, so be it. Talk about how you like to channel the spirit of the bullshit down your throat, the taste of it, the consistency, or how no other bullshit before or after it will ever attain the level of perfect bullshit flavor and fullness for you, that's fine.

I'll keep thinking, "she likes to eat bullshit. It's a fetish".

However, if you were to say that "in your opinion" or "according to our beliefs", I might be curious. I'd wonder how bullshit could even be palatable. I'd think to myself, how could this person who seems otherwise intelligent want to eat bullshit? Maybe there's some kind sustenance to bullshit? Maybe it's not even bullshit? Maybe I'm full of shit? Maybe I'm just bullheaded and don't know the good shit. Maybe I should delve deeper into this ideology?

Then I'd look at your words again and go "She's already told everyone that she has no respect for different points of view whether spiritually or without. She only has one true way and it's her way. She will shit otherwise meaningless scriptures for a non-believer, challenge their ethics and civic beliefs, and insist that society defer to her beliefs no matter how irrelevant those demands are to her own actual individual existence or that of her immediate family or sphere."

I'd think that such a person was off their rocker. I'd resign myself to ensure that no such unbridled arrogance could EVER have influence in my life, my family's, or within my spheres.

I'd also be warranted in doing so.

I'm fine with what you -think- humanity and myself as part of it should or shouldn't be doing, but you need to start making the distinction when you speak out loud. If you tell me I'm spiritually part of something which I'm not, and you don't respect our current difference in opinion, I will not hesitate to cut you down again and again. I will not accept force or "we" creep in the context of some pie in the sky belief.

You got away with not having anyone challenge your stripper drug days hard enough until you were ready to change gears on your own. Don't demand that the rest of humanity must strip for some sandal, dress wearing Middle East shit stirrer. and latent boyo club guru 2016 years ago so that everyone must snort Holy Spirit out of some deity buttocks because you felt lost long ago and now feel high chemically free for a change.

Alternately, maybe your God is the one and only true God if any God exists at all. All I know is that you're the last person who could ever convince me to even look at your God. Your God sounds conceited, arrogant, self centered, and a completely delusional and insecure fuckstain (as of this posting).
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Are Christians just those who can't make it within more structured religions or is there some deeper seeded history to it?

Structured religions are man made..

Christianity is a relationship with the one true God through his son Jesus Christ.

So could you be a Christian and never stop foot in a church?
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

My Mom is a control freak when it comes to this. She thinks we have to go to church every Sunday to be blessed and to pray. I don't believe the same. You can have a relationship with God and pray while you are out in a field, for example. What God will punish me because I did not go to his house?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"My Mom is a control freak when it comes to this. She thinks we have to go to church every Sunday to be blessed and to pray. I don't believe the same. You can have a relationship with God and pray while you are out in a field, for example. What God will punish me because I did not go to his house?

It's a house of man.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Dd, how many times do I have to repeat, that you cannot force faith into a person? That even the bible teaches that? That bible believing Christians simply don't go there with politics?  Fash even stated this. How many times do you need this said? Are you reading it this time?

I was remarking about this:

Quote from: "RW"I don't understand something about the whole God thing....

You can be a huge piece of shit and do terrible things in your life and all will be forgiven if you repent while a person who has been decent and who has done nothing terribly bad will not go to the kingdom of heaven.

I can't help but feel just a little resentful of the born agains who got to fuck around while the rest of us behaved.
 Well sin is sin. Humans put levels on it. God doesnt. That's the thing, you broke His law already. No one meets the holy standard.  It's not so much about behaving or what we do as it is about what Jesus did and how we surrender to Him.

If you could replace the plurals with singulars in that statement, religious people would be more respected by nonreligious people.

If you would have prefaced with "In our belief, our interpretations of sin are shared sins across all humanity. We believe that humans put levels on it. Our own perception of God doesn't. That's the thing, according to our way of thinking, humanity broke his law already. We feel that non one could meet the holy standard of our faith but we strive for it regardless. It's not so much about behaving or actions in our faith but out belief in Jesus and his actions which we, as Christians, want to surrender to."

See how easy that was? It's respectful of other ways too.
 It's not very respectful to police how others express their world view. If it doesn't apply, let it fly.

Yet you incorporated me into what I feel is complete and utter delusion bullshit. How respectful was that of you towards me? If you like to eat bullshit, so be it. Talk about how you like to channel the spirit of the bullshit down your throat, the taste of it, the consistency, or how no other bullshit before or after it will ever attain the level of perfect bullshit flavor and fullness for you, that's fine.

I'll keep thinking, "she likes to eat bullshit. It's a fetish".

However, if you were to say that "in your opinion" or "according to our beliefs", I might be curious. I'd wonder how bullshit could even be palatable. I'd think to myself, how could this person who seems otherwise intelligent want to eat bullshit? Maybe there's some kind sustenance to bullshit? Maybe it's not even bullshit? Maybe I'm full of shit? Maybe I'm just bullheaded and don't know the good shit. Maybe I should delve deeper into this ideology?

Then I'd look at your words again and go "She's already told everyone that she has no respect for different points of view whether spiritually or without. She only has one true way and it's her way. She will shit otherwise meaningless scriptures for a non-believer, challenge their ethics and civic beliefs, and insist that society defer to her beliefs no matter how irrelevant those demands are to her own actual individual existence or that of her immediate family or sphere."

I'd think that such a person was off their rocker. I'd resign myself to ensure that no such unbridled arrogance could EVER have influence in my life, my family's, or within my spheres.

I'd also be warranted in doing so.

I'm fine with what you -think- humanity and myself as part of it should or shouldn't be doing, but you need to start making the distinction when you speak out loud. If you tell me I'm spiritually part of something which I'm not, and you don't respect our current difference in opinion, I will not hesitate to cut you down again and again. I will not accept force or "we" creep in the context of some pie in the sky belief.

You got away with not having anyone challenge your stripper drug days hard enough until you were ready to change gears on your own. Don't demand that the rest of humanity must strip for some sandal, dress wearing Middle East shit stirrer. and latent boyo club guru 2016 years ago so that everyone must snort Holy Spirit out of some deity buttocks because you felt lost long ago and now feel high chemically free for a change.

Alternately, maybe your God is the one and only true God if any God exists at all. All I know is that you're the last person who could ever convince me to even look at your God. Your God sounds conceited, arrogant, self centered, and a completely delusional and insecure fuckstain (as of this posting).
 Okay well that's a problem you have, and you are going to spend a lot of time offended until you kinda get over yourself.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "RW"Are Christians just those who can't make it within more structured religions or is there some deeper seeded history to it?

Structured religions are man made..

Christianity is a relationship with the one true God through his son Jesus Christ.

So could you be a Christian and never stop foot in a church?
 If you are a Christain, you ARE, literally, the church. The idea that the church is a building you become a member of is a man made one. We are supposed to get together and pray, study the word, take care of our sick, feed the poor.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"My Mom is a control freak when it comes to this. She thinks we have to go to church every Sunday to be blessed and to pray. I don't believe the same. You can have a relationship with God and pray while you are out in a field, for example. What God will punish me because I did not go to his house?

It's a house of man.

The Church is called "one body in Christ" in Romans 12:5, "one body" in 1 Corinthians 10:17, "the body of Christ" in 1 Corinthians 12:27 and Ephesians 4:12, and "the body" in Hebrews 13:3. The Church is clearly equated with "the body" of Christ in Ephesians 5:23 and Colossians 1:24.

Bricktop

Does anyone actually read Dinky's dirges?

I don't. Usually my eyes start to water after 2 lines.

Anonymous

I read the first sentence. Nothing beyond that.

Bricktop

@realAzhyaAryola

If a church is burned down by a fire or demolished by a catastrophe, it is not gone. The church is its congregation, its people.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

It's a house of man.

The Church is called "one body in Christ" in Romans 12:5, "one body" in 1 Corinthians 10:17, "the body of Christ" in 1 Corinthians 12:27 and Ephesians 4:12, and "the body" in Hebrews 13:3. The Church is clearly equated with "the body" of Christ in Ephesians 5:23 and Colossians 1:24.

What is the definition of church though?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

It's a house of man.

A premises frequented by the mindless and fearful, in the hope that their life will make some kind of sense, and that they will live forever in a fourth dimension in the sky.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

It's a house of man.

A premises frequented by the mindless and fearful, in the hope that their life will make some kind of sense, and that they will live forever in a fourth dimension in the sky.
 That's not even close to the truth in anyway. That's what atheists and lavey satanists think we believe.

Bricktop

I'm an atheist!!!