The best topic

Replies: 10568
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:58:34 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"My spinning class today was really good. I did not take a photo but the floor below me had my sweat droplets.  ac_biggrin

Feel the burn!  :laugh:

Burn is more for lifting weights..

Spinning is cardio I believe.

Her sweat is dripping on the floor, that woman is on fire!  :laugh:

It's a great workout, I know.

You are both correct. Spinning is indeed cardio because you increase your heart rate and really get it going but you also feel burn in your legs and thighs. Not only do we have segments where we spin as fast as we can, we also increase the intensity to as hard as we can which mimics biking uphill. Increasing the intensity means we increase the resistance. The controls are from 1 to whatever is comfortable to you, 1 being the easiest. That is like biking on flat road. I start at 9. By 17, that is already hard for me but I could improve. When I started, 1 was my comfort zone and then I moved on as I went along. If you know what biking uphill is like, you know where it burns. You are biking slower but at a much harder resistance as you push on the pedals.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"My spinning class today was really good. I did not take a photo but the floor below me had my sweat droplets.  ac_biggrin

Feel the burn!  :laugh:

Burn is more for lifting weights..

Spinning is cardio I believe.

Her sweat is dripping on the floor, that woman is on fire!  :laugh:

It's a great workout, I know.

You are both correct. Spinning is indeed cardio because you increase your heart rate and really get it going but you also feel burn in your legs and thighs. Not only do we have segments where we spin as fast as we can, we also increase the intensity to as hard as we can which mimics biking uphill. Increasing the intensity means we increase the resistance. The controls are from 1 to whatever is comfortable to you, 1 being the easiest. That is like biking on flat road. I start at 9. By 17, that is already hard for me but I could improve. When I started, 1 was my comfort zone and then I moved on as I went along. If you know what biking uphill is like, you know where it burns. You are biking slower but at a much harder resistance as you push on the pedals.

There is a gym in my condo complex. When I go down to workout I see two women doing what I believe is spinning. You can tell it really gets the heart pumping.

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"If you know what biking uphill is like, you know where it burns.

I know very well lol  :JC_howdy:

As a kid, I had to bike back up a mountain to get home lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"If you know what biking uphill is like, you know where it burns.

You must have lived in a very rural area as a child Blazor.

Blazor

I wish I had!

So my mom and dad divorced when I was 1, and I began living with my Great grandparents on the weekdays and my great aunt on the weekends until I was 5. My GG's lived on a dead end street, in town. They had a half acre lot that was filled with apple and pear trees, raspberry and blackberry bushes, and a grape vine. Lots of fun there. My aunt lived on a barn that was in town, but its no longer there, the flood of 1985 washed it all away. The barn had horse stalls, a hay loft, giant pile of cedar shavings, a river in the back, and her home was a small one room shack with no indoor plumbing or electric, pot belly stove for heat. Water came from a hand pump outside, if you had to use the restroom you dug a hole. Those were the good days there.

My mom took me back when I was 5-6, and we lived in the ghetto in Section 8 apartments the whole time I lived with her, moving every year to another ghetto apartment complex. The last one she moved to was up on a steep hill top in town, when I was in 7th grade. I liked that one out of the other apartments, cause there was woods behind the place, and another area that said no trespassing lol, that I could ride my bike on a dirt trail. If I went off the hill top I could fly, like 35mph on a bicycle if not faster lol. Then had to go up that same hill top going home. Would only take me 30 minutes to run down to Blockbuster and back though lol. I could pump those legs!

Anonymous

I wish I had!

So my mom and dad divorced when I was 1, and I began living with my Great grandparents on the weekdays and my great aunt on the weekends until I was 5. My GG's lived on a dead end street, in town. They had a half acre lot that was filled with apple and pear trees, raspberry and blackberry bushes, and a grape vine. Lots of fun there. My aunt lived on a barn that was in town, but its no longer there, the flood of 1985 washed it all away. The barn had horse stalls, a hay loft, giant pile of cedar shavings, a river in the back, and her home was a small one room shack with no indoor plumbing or electric, pot belly stove for heat. Water came from a hand pump outside, if you had to use the restroom you dug a hole. Those were the good days there.

My mom took me back when I was 5-6, and we lived in the ghetto in Section 8 apartments the whole time I lived with her, moving every year to another ghetto apartment complex. The last one she moved to was up on a steep hill top in town, when I was in 7th grade. I liked that one out of the other apartments, cause there was woods behind the place, and another area that said no trespassing lol, that I could ride my bike on a dirt trail. If I went off the hill top I could fly, like 35mph on a bicycle if not faster lol. Then had to go up that same hill top going home. Would only take me 30 minutes to run down to Blockbuster and back though lol. I could pump those legs!

That's a lot to take in on my lunch break.

Blazor

I wish I had!

Guess I should've made a podcast  :laugh:

@realAzhyaAryola

I wish I had!

That is quite a story. You have very good memory.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Good day and good night, folks. My Sweetheart and I are now going to watch a show we are keen on.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Good day and good night, folks. My Sweetheart and I are now going to watch a show we are keen on.

Which show is that Azhya?

Blazor

I wish I had!

Thanks! My long term memory is impeccable! My short term memory not so much lol. I can still play back memories in my head from the age of 4 like a video. Lots of good memories from those days.

My great grandfather ran a printing press out of his basement. Back in the days of lead type. He would melt lead for the lineotype machine. I remember my first bee sting, first time in a pool (kiddy pool) and because they were strict on water they wouldnt change it, so I swam in it with green water lol. First time I could whistle, first time I found a four leaf clover, etc.  I remember climbing a tree, and pretending it was a space ship, and I would land on another planet. I would empty my toy box and hide in it. I remember my great grandfather playing an old Mickey Mouse cartoon on a film projector. Finding a fossil at my aunts, climbing the mountain of cedar shavings and rolling down them. Her giving me a ride on a horse and her motorcycle. I remember peanut butter and jelly ice cream sammiches that are long gone. Superman ice cream, country ham at Ray's restaurant. Cold nights at my aunts where we and all the animals would pile in the bed to try and keep us all warm. Digging earthworms out of manure piles for fishing (tons in there lol). All these memories are from 4-5 years old and just the ones off the top of my head. Plenty more.

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Good day and good night, folks. My Sweetheart and I are now going to watch a show we are keen on.

We been watching that new Dark Crystal show!

Anonymous

I wish I had!

Thanks! My long term memory is impeccable! My short term memory not so much lol. I can still play back memories in my head from the age of 4 like a video. Lots of good memories from those days.

My great grandfather ran a printing press out of his basement. Back in the days of lead type. He would melt lead for the lineotype machine. I remember my first bee sting, first time in a pool (kiddy pool) and because they were strict on water they wouldnt change it, so I swam in it with green water lol. First time I could whistle, first time I found a four leaf clover, etc.  I remember climbing a tree, and pretending it was a space ship, and I would land on another planet. I would empty my toy box and hide in it. I remember my great grandfather playing an old Mickey Mouse cartoon on a film projector. Finding a fossil at my aunts, climbing the mountain of cedar shavings and rolling down them. Her giving me a ride on a horse and her motorcycle. I remember peanut butter and jelly ice cream sammiches that are long gone. Superman ice cream, country ham at Ray's restaurant. Cold nights at my aunts where we and all the animals would pile in the bed to try and keep us all warm. Digging earthworms out of manure piles for fishing (tons in there lol). All these memories are from 4-5 years old and just the ones off the top of my head. Plenty more.

I can remember kindergarten in Toronto if I put my mind to it. But, I do not have childhood memories randomly pop into my head.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I wish I had!

I can remember kindergarten in Toronto if I put my mind to it. But, I do not have childhood memories randomly pop into my head.

Thats cool. I feel if one does not try and remember things, things get forgotten. So I like to talk about them from time to time, and it helps. Oddly its also easier for me to remember long ago stuff, more than current stuff.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I wish I had!

Thats cool. I feel if one does not try and remember things, things get forgotten. So I like to talk about them from time to time, and it helps. Oddly its also easier for me to remember long ago stuff, more than current stuff.

Hey, I am in my mid forties. My short term memory is getting shorter.