The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

SPECTRE'S ask a retired cop anything

Started by Bricktop, August 13, 2015, 01:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Fashionista"My brother is a policeman in Manitoba SPECTRE..

Can you tell us about a time you had to take someone in that you felt sorry for?

Gee, that's a toughie.

Probably a 10 yr old kid who stole a car.

His parents were wastes of flesh, but the kid was known to everyone as a good, honest lad. Then one day, he just hopped in a car and drove it around.

When I found him, I contacted his parents to join me at the station where I would take his details and report him, after which he would attend court via summons.

But his parents wouldn't comply, leaving me no choice but to arrest.

Putting a 10 year old kid in a cell is hard to do.

wtf? It's legal to put a kid in a cell with adults in Australia? That's nuts.

It was in a provincial city that had no facilities to handle juvenile prisoners. There was no other option. It was heart rending.

I hope there were no peds in the holding cell with the kid.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Did you report yourself or did one of your coworkers?

No, I reported myself.

I needed the numbers for end of month.

Were you always this stupid, or did you experience a major car or industrial accident that left you with brain damage?

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"Did you ever see another officer do anything illegal (pocketing drugs, stealing money, tampering with evidence?  Did you report him/her?

No. Our Department was fairly clean with a solid culture of honesty. It happened...but not around me.

Quote from: "RW"Does the whole "it's a lot of paper work" thing hold true?

Well, it did then. Nowadays, with much advanced technology, it may not be as onerous. We used typewriters. They have word processors.

Quote from: "RW"How unrealistic (or realistic) do you find police work to be depicted in the movies?  What is something we see in the movies that police NEVER do?

About as realistic as Star Wars is to space travel. As most cop movies are American, I cannot say what the relation is between what you see and what is done over there. We don't do shootouts. Also, I tend not to watch cop movies.

@realAzhyaAryola

I have a question!

...ah...er...um...what are we talking about again?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"My brother is a policeman in Manitoba SPECTRE..

Can you tell us about a time you had to take someone in that you felt sorry for?

Gee, that's a toughie.

Probably a 10 yr old kid who stole a car.

His parents were wastes of flesh, but the kid was known to everyone as a good, honest lad. Then one day, he just hopped in a car and drove it around.

When I found him, I contacted his parents to join me at the station where I would take his details and report him, after which he would attend court via summons.

But his parents wouldn't comply, leaving me no choice but to arrest.

Putting a 10 year old kid in a cell is hard to do.

wtf? It's legal to put a kid in a cell with adults in Australia? That's nuts.

It was in a provincial city that had no facilities to handle juvenile prisoners. There was no other option. It was heart rending.

I hope there were no peds in the holding cell with the kid.

Kids and female cells were in a separate building.

RW

How extensive was the driving training you received?  And have you ever participated in a high speed chase?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Did you ever see a fellow police officer use excessive force?

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"How extensive was the driving training you received?  And have you ever participated in a high speed chase?

Pathetically inadequate.

Several.They are no fun.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"Did you ever see a fellow police officer use excessive force?

Interesting question.

Yes.

But any force can be deemed "excessive". It depends on the situation and circumstance.

They were different days, and community expectations were not as they are today. However, nothing on the scale of force employed by US officers...nowhere near it. And any who did use excessive force were frequently arrested and charged with assault.

These days, I believe it is rare.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Were you a dirty cop?

NO!!!!

I showered every day.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Did you ever see a fellow police officer use excessive force?

Interesting question.

Yes.

But any force can be deemed "excessive". It depends on the situation and circumstance.

They were different days, and community expectations were not as they are today. However, nothing on the scale of force employed by US officers...nowhere near it. And any who did use excessive force were frequently arrested and charged with assault.

These days, I believe it is rare.

Do police investigate other police officers when allegations of excessive force are brought forward, perhaps supported by a video?

Bricktop

Yes.

There is an internal investigation unit.

Also, an Ombudsman's Office with powers to review and investigate.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!