A

I want to ask Dove about how she was saved

Started by Anonymous, September 07, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"God helped me be a better person as well by exposing me to such rampant hypocrisy that I realised religion was a crock of shit.

Thanks God!

Religion is man made hypocrisy..

Religions have dead people like Mohammed, Buddha, the virgin Mary, and Joseph Smith..

I have a relationship with God through a living Jesus Christ.

Yes Fash, I know your type.  I have to say that real Christians are some of the nicest people I know.  But I was exposed to Catholicism.  I thank God for showing me that hypocrisy.
 I'm really glad I wasn't never exposed to catholism in any serious way. We have a handful in our community that call themselves "recovering catholics".   Hardcored, structured religionists, don't have much positive things to say about us "reformed" or calvanist. I had a Catholic tell me I was in a satanic cult if I don't believe in works salvation.

I identify myself as a recovering Catholic :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"God helped me be a better person as well by exposing me to such rampant hypocrisy that I realised religion was a crock of shit.

Thanks God!

Religion is man made hypocrisy..

Religions have dead people like Mohammed, Buddha, the virgin Mary, and Joseph Smith..

I have a relationship with God through a living Jesus Christ.

Yes Fash, I know your type.  I have to say that real Christians are some of the nicest people I know.  But I was exposed to Catholicism.  I thank God for showing me that hypocrisy.
 I'm really glad I wasn't never exposed to catholism in any serious way. We have a handful in our community that call themselves "recovering catholics".   Hardcored, structured religionists, don't have much positive things to say about us "reformed" or calvanist. I had a Catholic tell me I was in a satanic cult if I don't believe in works salvation.

I identify myself as a recovering Catholic :)
 Amen :)

Anonymous

Yanno what I found so sad and offensive about the pope?  Everyone praising him because he has decided to "allow" women who have had abortions to be forgiven.  First, Jesus is the only mediator and He forgives regardless of a bishop or pope.Those women do not need a pope or any human to be forgiven. They limit the power of Christ's atonement.    It's all about control, it seems.  According to the gospel no man, nothing, has the power to "excommunicate" a person from the body of Christ.  It hurts my heart when people buy into this. I feel catholic doctrine is not only heretical....but abusive and divisive in the wrong, corrupt ways.  It awesome when you see people enter into grace, assurance and relationship with God.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Jesus is a dead dude also. Just saying, Fash.

He became flesh, so I can understand your confusion,

RW

Quote from: "Dove"Yanno what I found so sad and offensive about the pope?  Everyone praising him because he has decided to "allow" women who have had abortions to be forgiven.  First, Jesus is the only mediator and He forgives regardless of a bishop or pope.Those women do not need a pope or any human to be forgiven. They limit the power of Christ's atonement.    It's all about control, it seems.  According to the gospel no man, nothing, has the power to "excommunicate" a person from the body of Christ.  It hurts my heart when people buy into this. I feel catholic doctrine is not only heretical....but abusive and divisive in the wrong, corrupt ways.  It awesome when you see people enter into grace, assurance and relationship with God.

Forgiveness for abortion already happened within the Catholic Church but you had to go to a Bishop to be forgiven for it as it is seen as a grave sin.  He has allowed priests to hear the confessions and offer forgiveness.  

People choose to be a part of religion and in doing so they choose the processes that come with it including the process for confession whereby you vocalize your sins and are offered absolution.  I find it offensive to read things like Catholicism is heretical as it shows a lack of tolerance for those who have chosen that path to a relationship with God and Jesus.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

I saw this answer coming.  :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Yanno what I found so sad and offensive about the pope?  Everyone praising him because he has decided to "allow" women who have had abortions to be forgiven.  First, Jesus is the only mediator and He forgives regardless of a bishop or pope.Those women do not need a pope or any human to be forgiven. They limit the power of Christ's atonement.    It's all about control, it seems.  According to the gospel no man, nothing, has the power to "excommunicate" a person from the body of Christ.  It hurts my heart when people buy into this. I feel catholic doctrine is not only heretical....but abusive and divisive in the wrong, corrupt ways.  It awesome when you see people enter into grace, assurance and relationship with God.

Forgiveness for abortion already happened within the Catholic Church but you had to go to a Bishop to be forgiven for it as it is seen as a grave sin.  He has allowed priests to hear the confessions and offer forgiveness.  

People choose to be a part of religion and in doing so they choose the processes that come with it including the process for confession whereby you vocalize your sins and are offered absolution.  I find it offensive to read things like Catholicism is heretical as it shows a lack of tolerance for those who have chosen that path to a relationship with God and Jesus.
Sorry my choice of words was different?

Thanks God!
 My brain just broke.  BTW forgiveness happened when Christ said "it is finished".  Not when the RC said so. Just sayin.

RW

Sorry my choice of words was different?

Thanks God!
 My brain just broke.  BTW forgiveness happened when Christ said "it is finished".  Not when the RC said so. Just sayin.

The hypocrisy came from the membership.  The judgmentalness of the membership turned me off. It's not limited to Catholicism either.  In my personal journey, I found Catholicism to be a crock of shit, however, I don't look down my nose at those who don't because it would be applying the very same judgment I dislike.

I just don't understand who you are to dictate someone's path to God and Jesus.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Okay I'm out of this. I'm not having some silly hypocritical argument where you get to speak your mind but then police the way I speak mine. At least my "judgement" is based on what Christ Himself has said.  I don't "look down my nose" at anyone.  You are the one who took it there.  You aren't the only person on the planet allowed to have a valid opinion.  So SORRY I agreed with you and somehow still put you on high horse tangent about how to judge people properly.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"Okay I'm out of this. I'm not having some silly hypocritical argument where you get to speak your mind but then police the way I speak mine. At least my "judgement" is based on what Christ Himself has said.  I don't "look down my nose" at anyone.  You are the one who took it there.  You aren't the only person on the planet allowed to have a valid opinion.  So SORRY I agreed with you and somehow still put you on high horse tangent about how to judge people properly.

I'm sorry if I disagree with you that Catholicism is heretical.  You've made my point as to why I avoid all religious shit including Christianity because it's all rife with hypocrisy.  Your hypocrisy is no better than anyone else's.

Sorry.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

No confusion, here.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Here is the part about this that has me shm.  Rw is allowed to say the rag is moist.  But don't say it's wet....because that's wrong of you. I just don't get it. Lol.  I think it's more personal. I'm a passionate person. But passionate about things she doesn't like or agree with....so she had to judge my character over it. No one in my life has ever accused me of looking down my nose at people. Wow. Lol.  And because I stand against the bible being used as a tool for THAT reason.  Any teaching that claims to follow Christ....and then puts levels on sin and requires you to go before a bishop for forgiveness is a heresy.  It is the definition of heresy. This is not my "opinion".  If they were following some other belief system that taught that....it wouldn't be.  Get it?  Heresy is going outside of Scripture. But whatever. I'm just being a snob. Lol.

Frood

I'm staying out of this lest I restart suggestions that god freaks are fruitloops, Dove.

I've got no D.o.g in this fight.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "Dove"Here is the part about this that has me shm.  Rw is allowed to say the rag is moist.  But don't say it's wet....because that's wrong of you. I just don't get it. Lol.  I think it's more personal. I'm a passionate person. But passionate about things she doesn't like or agree with....so she had to judge my character over it. No one in my life has ever accused me of looking down my nose at people. Wow. Lol.  And because I stand against the bible being used as a tool for THAT reason.

Where did I accuse you of looking down your nose at anyone?  I said that I don't.  I didn't say you do.

Sorry Dove.  Nothing personal but once you boil it down, it's all the same shit to me.  One says the other is wrong and bad.   :s0451:
Beware of Gaslighters!