Replies: 10342
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:13:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Is It Rude To Say Someone Is LAZY?

Started by the shark hunter, September 25, 2015, 06:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shark hunter

... my friend was surprised by the reaction his daughter-in-law had to a comment he made ...

... my friend was talking to her about her son -- his grandson -- and he mentioned to her that he thought his grandson was LAZY. my friend was then shocked that his daughter-in-law took offense to the comment and became cold towards him ...

... but should he have been shocked by her reaction? if someone is lazy shouldn't you be ALLOWED to say that they're lazy?

... what do you think? what's the etiquette when it comes to talking about laziness? is it forbidden?

... please discuss!
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

@realAzhyaAryola

It can be taken as rude by some people, after all, he just told her she is raising a lazy child.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

If its applied to a man of say, senior, years, who has lived a full and active life and his body now prevents him from being as robust and capable as before, then calling him "lazy" is an affront.

It its Renee, then no.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"If its applied to a man of say, senior, years, who has lived a full and active life and his body now prevents him from being as robust and capable as before, then calling him "lazy" is an affront.

It its Renee, then no.

That's lazy sentence structure.

See me after class. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... my friend was surprised by the reaction his daughter-in-law had to a comment he made ...

... my friend was talking to her about her son -- his grandson -- and he mentioned to her that he thought his grandson was LAZY. my friend was then shocked that his daughter-in-law took offense to the comment and became cold towards him ...

... but should he have been shocked by her reaction? if someone is lazy shouldn't you be ALLOWED to say that they're lazy?

... what do you think? what's the etiquette when it comes to talking about laziness? is it forbidden?

... please discuss!

It's not rude if it is true. My son is very lazy and I have told him so.

RW

People in general should STFU about how others raise their children - lazy or not.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"People in general should STFU about how others raise their children - lazy or not.

If it's someone in my immediate circle, I don't mind them saying my son is the slacker he is. If I don't know you really well then STFU.

RW

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"People in general should STFU about how others raise their children - lazy or not.

If it's someone in my immediate circle, I don't mind them saying my son is the slacker he is. If I don't you really well then STFU.

Your child directly, MAYBE but someone else is involved in the upbringing of your grandchild so I would say STFU.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"

If it's someone in my immediate circle, I don't mind them saying my son is the slacker he is. If I don't you really well then STFU.

Your child directly, MAYBE but someone else is involved in the upbringing of your grandchild so I would say STFU.

He doesn't have kids. Thank God too, because my ex and I would be paying for the kid.

Annie

It's rude. No one knows the full story of  a person if they aren't around 24/7. Could be kid is going through a phaze every kid goes through or could be a medical condition making them "appear" lazy when they just may not have the energy.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"It's rude. No one knows the full story of  a person if they aren't around 24/7. Could be kid is going through a phaze every kid goes through or could be a medical condition making them "appear" lazy when they just may not have the energy.

You are not talking about my boy are you?

Annie

I'm relating from my daughter's situation. All her life she's been judged for not doing this or that. She has a medical condition that limits her energy among many other things. Things aren't always as they seem.  There's usually an underlying condition/situation. As for my son, when he was a teen, he WAS just lazy lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I'm relating from my daughter's situation. All her life she's been judged for not doing this or that. She has a medical condition that limits her energy among many other things. Things aren't always as they seem.  There's usually an underlying condition/situation. As for my son, when he was a teen, he WAS just lazy lol

My son is like your son was as a teen. At least your son grew up. My son is 24 and still acts like a lazy teen.

Annie

My son HAD to grow up. By the time he was 17 I had enough of it and stopped buying all the favorite food he liked (like bacon). I stopped doing his laundry, vacuumed early in the morning, made his life a bit of a living hell. I told him if he went out and got a job, pay room and board, he could stay and that I would again buy bacon and do his laundry. It worked like a charm. He's now he's 23, with a wonderful girl, works 2 jobs and expecting a child in January.  ac_smile