The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Facebook users are inconsiderate

Started by Frood, September 29, 2015, 05:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Straight forward stance explained, the issue, and a question about what others think, Renee.

Well, as to what I think; who cares if someone occasionally mentions you in their timeline. It's not national news, although you may think it is. Unless you are a fugitive on the lamb or a secret agent :laugh: , what consequence does it carry? IMHO it's not even worth mentioning.  

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Then a certain female slithered in and attempted to shoot softballs out of her crotch at me, later to be joined by a certain aging male of dubious bowel movement abilities.

They're not here to discuss anything, so far, and therefore I owe them no consideration, so far.

Oh but you are wrong. I'm more than willing to discuss why you feel the way you do but you are unwilling to share. Oh well. ac_dunno

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Now pass the broccoli, Vegephobe.

No, I love broccoli, get your own.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I refuse to use Facebook, always have, and have repeatedly asked family members and friends to keep me out of their timelines whether that be in photos or mentions.

The problem is that many of these people are so hardwired into the Facebook system, they have lapses of judgement and indirectly or sometimes directly do include photos and mentions.

I can't wait for FB to go belly up and society realize personal boundaries once again. What do you think?

We have friends and family all over the world Dinky Diana..

I like it because it allows me to keep in touch with them..

But, I understand what you mean.

asal

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I refuse to use Facebook, always have, and have repeatedly asked family members and friends to keep me out of their timelines whether that be in photos or mentions.

The problem is that many of these people are so hardwired into the Facebook system, they have lapses of judgement and indirectly or sometimes directly do include photos and mentions.

I can't wait for FB to go belly up and society realize personal boundaries once again. What do you think?

:icon_wink:   I'd just like the attitude of expecting good things from self promotion to change.  Discretion is smarter.  I've had to use facebook as i.d. to show that I'm "normal" to use Airbnb, so I keep it.

cc

I gotta agree with dinky on this one.

No one has the ethical right to post another's pic without express permission.

I don't do Face except corporately for business reasons, and cannot understand why anyone would in todays world. The internet is the internet and I don't want my real life on it in any way in an area that is subject to numerous misuses
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"

We have friends and family all over the world Dinky Diana..

I like it because it allows me to keep in touch with them..

But, I understand what you mean.

What about the various chat, email, and message clients out there? There's so many of them. So many private ways to keep in touch plus there's phone and snail mail still and they're really dirt cheap these days.

I get that it's a network and doesn't require one on one, but hell, if one on one is too much, why be in the network?

Quote from: "asal"

:icon_wink:   I'd just like the attitude of expecting good things from self promotion to change.  Discretion is smarter.  I've had to use facebook as i.d. to show that I'm "normal" to use Airbnb, so I keep it.

I know. Some employers around the world insist on getting access to Facebook profiles before sealing the deal. It's disgustingly nutty.

Quote from: "cc la femme"I gotta agree with dinky on this one.

No one has the ethical right to post another's pic without express permission.

I don't do Face except corporately for business reasons, and cannot understand why anyone would in todays world. The internet is the internet and I don't want my real life on it in any way in an area that is subject to numerous misuses

Even some people like ourselves now, once bought into FB, but can't get away from their timelines these days. It's a form of social slavery. Scary shit. Lemming shit.

Renee,

More broccoli, less cowbell.  :001_tongue:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I got a fever....and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

You're an idiot...but that, I must confess, is stating the obvious.

The only people that get burned by Facebook are the moronic kids that use it as there complete social support service. In that respect, they get what they deserve.

Sensible, mature adults (which, I accept, excludes you) have no problems.

Anonymous

I'm stunned by the things people will blast all over face book.  It can be cringe worthy.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Tantrums about their relationship issues, break up issues, et.  Pictures of their kids in the bath rub. Tagging everywhere you are.

Bricktop

Renee

Dove is right. Too many people don't know when enough is enough or what is appropriate and what isn't. It gets very annoying.

I got rid of my FB page months and months ago. It had been pretty much dormant for a year or more before hand anyway. I always found social media sites like FB and the previous MySpace crap to be novelties. Once the novelty wore off, it became more of a bother than anything else.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Dove"  Again with the control issues lol.  Telling someone on a message board to "go away" and expecting them to comply. Hahaha.  You can only control yourself DD.

I have to agree with this statement. Asking me to reveal more about myself in a public place and then telling me what they think I should do and expecting me to comply makes me laugh. I will reveal only what I want to reveal and I'm not taking orders.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"You're an idiot...but that, I must confess, is stating the obvious.

The only people that get burned by Facebook are the moronic kids that use it as there complete social support service. In that respect, they get what they deserve.

Sensible, mature adults (which, I accept, excludes you) have no problems.

So you more or less paraphrase what I've already said in my OP but lay the blame on people like me, huh?  ac_lmfao

Seriously, Uncle Fester. Quit while you're behind.

Besides, who would bother writing your old ass a postcard or pretending to care in a phone call. FB might be all you have left in your family network.  ac_biggrin

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Dove"  Again with the control issues lol.  Telling someone on a message board to "go away" and expecting them to comply. Hahaha.  You can only control yourself DD.

I have to agree with this statement. Asking me to reveal more about myself in a public place and then telling me what they think I should do and expecting me to comply makes me laugh. I will reveal only what I want to reveal and I'm not taking orders.

I told her to basically piss off because she wasn't dealing with the topic. She was initially treating the topic as an opportunity to deal on the topic maker. The girl has issues. Had she stuck to topic from post one, my reaction would have been different. I don't have to like that bucket of religious nuts but I can find common ground assuming the other party isn't a complete and utter moron who refuses to accept Roman Catholics as Christians.

So it's my turn to return the favor.

Aside from the whoring, the heroin, the mewling babies, and the rest, for Dove to say that Roman Catholics aren't Christians is perhaps the biggest sign that she's 51 cards short of a playing deck.

The slimey slug for nothing will get what she puts in and nothing less. If she can stay on topic, I'll reciprocate. If she meanders off into further fucktardness, I'll slap the dumb rotunding bitch yet again.

Quote from: "Renee"Dove is right. Too many people don't know when enough is enough or what is appropriate and what isn't. It gets very annoying.

I got rid of my FB page months and months ago. It had been pretty much dormant for a year or more before hand anyway. I always found social media sites like FB and the previous MySpace crap to be novelties. Once the novelty wore off, it became more of a bother than anything else.

Only months and months ago? Geez, you're a bright spark.
Blahhhhhh...