The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Is This Really a Surprise?

Started by Renee, November 17, 2015, 09:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Why is this news?

We like people in the limelight. We elected an unqualified dunce because of his looks and style, but no substance. In the states, Trump is a frontrunner for the Republicans, Al Franken and Sonny Bono were elected to the senate, Arnold Schwarzenegger was California governor,  Jon Bon Jovi and Howard Stern have both made serious consideration for a run at governor of their states. It's about the celebrities baby.

Annie

I here most people think he deserves it. For whatever reason he felt the need to sleep with so many women, many being prostitutes I feel bad for him.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I here most people think he deserves it. For whatever reason he felt the need to sleep with so many women, many being prostitutes I feel bad for him.

I do not feel sorry for Sheen.

Annie

The way I see it is that he was missing something in his life for a long time like attention or love but didn't receive it as he had expected or he's a sex addict. I read a while back that David Duchovny is a sex addict. Maybe he just needed a support group but never went? Do they even have groups for that? lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"The way I see it is that he was missing something in his life for a long time like attention or love but didn't receive it as he had expected or he's a sex addict. I read a while back that David Duchovny is a sex addict. Maybe he just needed a support group but never went? Do they even have groups for that? lol

I don't know GrAnnie.

ac_dunno

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"

We like people in the limelight. We elected an unqualified dunce because of his looks and style, but no substance. In the states, Trump is a frontrunner for the Republicans, Al Franken and Sonny Bono were elected to the senate, Arnold Schwarzenegger was California governor,  Jon Bon Jovi and Howard Stern have both made serious consideration for a run at governor of their states. It's about the celebrities baby.

What's the difference between the celebs you mention and the average career politician?  ac_umm

Oh, I know.....nothing.

For the most part they are all clowns.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

the shark hunter

... i feel very sad for sheen regarding his health misfortune.  i can't understand why anyone would say he deserves it.  he hasn't done anything to anyone to be the target of that type of bad karma ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

What's the difference between the celebs you mention and the average career politician?  ac_umm

Oh, I know.....nothing.

My point Renee, was that Kim K would have a better chance of being elected to office in North America that an educated person with a cv that includes business ownership, philanthropy and public service. I am ready to give up on politics. But, Saskatchewan is the exception. Our premier is worthy of the office he holds.

Bricktop

Oh, I know.....nothing.

Jesus, the stupid is thick in here.

Electing celebs because they are celebs is an American characteristic. Add Reagan to the above list. Jesse Ventura (seriously)?

If Michael Jackson were alive today, HE'D be running for President with Kanye West as his sidekick.

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... i feel very sad for sheen regarding his health misfortune.  i can't understand why anyone would say he deserves it.  he hasn't done anything to anyone to be the target of that type of bad karma ...

What people are upset about is he may have had unprotected sexual intercourse and not told his partners that he is hiv positive.

Annie

I bet he's is or will be dealing with a LOT of law suits.

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

Oh, I know.....nothing.

Jesus, the stupid is thick in here.

Electing celebs because they are celebs is an American characteristic. Add Reagan to the above list. Jesse Ventura (seriously)?

If Michael Jackson were alive today, HE'D be running for President with Kanye West as his sidekick.

Another Maroon who thinks the average career politician is somehow endowed with special abilities to lead and govern. Many people from all walks of life are qualified to hold elected office. Since most political positions amount to nothing more than a warm body taking up space, there is no special abilities or even a brain involved in the equation.

I will give you a pass on this because you are still of the generation that thinks their political leaders should be cut from the days of iron men and wooden ships. But in the reality of today, nothing could be further from the truth.

Yes the stupid is thick in here and nowhere is it more so than with you.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

Oh, I know.....nothing.

My point Renee, was that Kim K would have a better chance of being elected to office in North America that an educated person with a cv that includes business ownership, philanthropy and public service. I am ready to give up on politics. But, Saskatchewan is the exception. Our premier is worthy of the office he holds.

I highly doubt that.

While a certain percentage of people are stupid enough to vote based on celebrity name recognition only. It's my experience that it's only common in pockets of extreme idiocy like Southern California. Or in places where the left holds sway over entire voting blocks of tax guzzling, non-producers. After all, with a few exceptions, most celebs run on the left side of the political ticket. It's small wonder why those that would seriously consider voting for them are morons.

the shark hunter

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "the shark hunter"... i feel very sad for sheen regarding his health misfortune.  i can't understand why anyone would say he deserves it.  he hasn't done anything to anyone to be the target of that type of bad karma ...

What people are upset about is he may have had unprotected sexual intercourse and not told his partners that he is hiv positive.

... i see.  but by the same token, sheen was the victim of that type of behavior himself.  that's likely how he was infected ...

... and to answer the question posed in the topic title, yes it was a surprise to hear this news, it was for me anyway.  it's not very often you hear that a movie star has this disease ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE