Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

5 cups of coffee a day might make you live longer, study suggests

Started by Anonymous, November 30, 2015, 08:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"lol ... with a clear conscience

We bought an espresso machine that is notoriously good with cappuccino - cap being our desire and motive at that time

It did cap great, then one day I tried it straight up espresso and found it even better than cap.

It's not much harder to make that using any single cup coffee machine that works with ground beans (not pods)

Cappuccino is a bit more work as one must froth the milk, but still not difficult or lengthy to do with the right machine and a little practice

I might buy an espresso machine now that I know it does not have the caffeine I thought it did.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"lol ... with a clear conscience

We bought an espresso machine that is notoriously good with cappuccino - cap being our desire and motive at that time

It did cap great, then one day I tried it straight up espresso and found it even better than cap.

It's not much harder to make that using any single cup coffee machine that works with ground beans (not pods)

Cappuccino is a bit more work as one must froth the milk, but still not difficult or lengthy to do with the right machine and a little practice

You can buy espresso for regular coffee makers, but I doubt it would taste the same as with a real espresso machine.

cc

True - It needs the high pressure pumping action

Here's Kicking Horses take on it https://www.kickinghorsecoffee.com/en/blog/caffeine-myths-espresso-vs-drip">CAFFEINE MYTHS: ESPRESSO VS. DRIP

If you like cappuccino, the De Longhi  has the patent on the best by far frother + makes great espresso
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"True - It needs the high pressure pumping action

Here's Kicking Horses take on it https://www.kickinghorsecoffee.com/en/blog/caffeine-myths-espresso-vs-drip">CAFFEINE MYTHS: ESPRESSO VS. DRIP

If you like cappuccino, the De Longhi  has the patent on the best by far frother + makes great espresso

One 2 oz double espresso shot has about 80 milligrams of caffeine.  

Whereas a 12 oz brewed coffee has about 120 milligrams.

So per ounce, espresso has more caffeine.

cc

per ounce of "finished" liquid, assuming one uses only the traditional 2 oz of water espresso.

However, the water quantity is optional. During the day for example I use a medium cup so get lots of total liquid & still lots of espresso taste

I only do the "traditional" 2 oz water / shot routine once / day, maybe after dinner for a strong brew - and always brew a double shot no matter how much water

No matter how much water is used for a double shot espresso (2 oz or a big cup full), the total caffeine is the same and  it  is still less caffeine per cup than regular coffee ... and for me it seems a lot more tasty even with a large  amount of water

I always loved regular  coffee, but since getting into espresso  I would never go back now. Have never felt a buzz with it no matter how much I have

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"per ounce of "finished" liquid, assuming one uses only the traditional 2 oz of water espresso.

The water quantity is optional. During the day for example I use a medium cup so get lots of total liquid & still lots of espresso taste

I only do the "traditional" 2 oz water / shot routine once / day, maybe after dinner for a strong brew - and always brew a double shot not matter how much water

No matter how much water is used for a double shot espresso (2 oz or a big cup full), the total caffeine is the same and  it  is still less caffeine per cup than regular coffee ... and for me it seems a lot more tasty even with a fair amount of water

Thank you for that information cc la femme.

ac_smile

keeper

I'm not even going to say how many I have a day

ac_unsure

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"I'm not even going to say how many I have a day

ac_unsure

Pot fulls of the stuff eh Keeps?

keeper

@realAzhyaAryola

A band of us hockey Moms would buy a cup of coffee each right before every game, sit together, and let Mrs. So and So pass her bottle of Bailey's (wrapped in a brown paper bag) and we'd pour just as much as desired in our coffee and thank her with a grin, a nod, and a raised cup, heheh. Good times. Those were the days. The hockey mom who brought the bottle is a lawyer and she also plays hockey and is quite competitive. She was a firecracker, that one. :laugh:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Renee

Quote from: "Keeper"I'm afraid so. I'm addicted lol

Caffeine addiction is common. I know I've been addicted since college.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"A band of us hockey Moms would buy a cup of coffee each right before every game, sit together, and let Mrs. So and So pass her bottle of Bailey's (wrapped in a brown paper bag) and we'd pour just as much as desired in our coffee and thank her with a grin, a nod, and a raised cup, heheh. Good times. Those were the days. The hockey mom who brought the bottle is a lawyer and she also plays hockey and is quite competitive. She was a firecracker, that one. :laugh:

:laugh:

Anonymous

Thank you cc la femme. I have become a proud, guilt free, daily drinker of espresso. ac_drinks

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Grrrrrreat

Enjoy mate!!

I sure am. If you find anything about strong drink or smokes having being less harmful than eating greens, please pass it along. I think you will find me to be a receptive listener. :laugh3: