Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

Scott Weiland passes away at age 48

Started by Anonymous, December 04, 2015, 09:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"ac_hithere Hiya, ladies!

Different strokes for different folks indeed, Shen and Fash. I don't recall listening to any music by those bands.

Stone Temple Pilots were considered part of the grunge era.

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... sad news.  my nostalgia for the '90s made this one depressing to hear ...
 Right?  It's like 90s grunge has officially died. But just like everyone else said, I'm impressed he made it this long.  It's sad though  ac_crying

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "the shark hunter"... sad news.  my nostalgia for the '90s made this one depressing to hear ...
 Right?  It's like 90s grunge has officially died. But just like everyone else said, I'm impressed he made it this long.  It's sad though  ac_crying

The Stone Temple Pilots also had glam elements.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Like Buckcherry.

the shark hunter

... WEILAND also ties into the GUNS 'N ROSES mythos since he was the lead singer for VELVET REVOLVER which was a GNR spinoff since SLASH was in it ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"

... WEILAND also ties into the GUNS 'N ROSES mythos since he was the lead singer for VELVET REVOLVER which was a GNR spinoff since SLASH was in it ...

That was mentioned already.

the shark hunter

... it was on a solo road trip from van to prince george in the late '90s that i concluded that STP had hard rock credibility, unlike many other '90s radio artists which were very slick and polished ...

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... it was on a solo road trip from van to prince george in the late '90s that i concluded that STP had hard rock credibility, unlike many other '90s radio artists which were very slick and polished ...

I thought of the Stone Temple Pilots being more slick and polishedthan most of their peers at the time.

ac_umm

the shark hunter

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... it was on a solo road trip from van to prince george in the late '90s that i concluded that STP had hard rock credibility, unlike many other '90s radio artists which were very slick and polished ...

I thought of the Stone Temple Pilots being more slick and polishedthan most of their peers at the time.

ac_umm

... who do you consider to be their peers, Fashionista?

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"

ac_umm

... who do you consider to be their peers, Fashionista?

They were unique in some ways the shark hunter..

They were from the grunge era, but had glam influences too..

Someone said on another forum that Buckcherry is like them.

the shark hunter

... STP were more polished than, say, NIRVANA and PEARL JAM, but heavier than bands like THIRD EYE BLIND or MATCHBOX TWENTY or COLLECTIVE SOUL ...

... thanks for posting this topic, Fash ...

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... STP were more polished than, say, NIRVANA and PEARL JAM, but heavier than bands like THIRD EYE BLIND or MATCHBOX TWENTY or COLLECTIVE SOUL ...

... thanks for posting this topic, Fash ...

I remember Matchbox Twenty being a mega band when I was about eighteen or so.

the shark hunter

... was STP a grunge band?  i always thought of them as more alternative than grunge.  Fash mentioned that they had a glam element which was true, but i don't associate glam with grunge ...

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... was STP a grunge band?  i always thought of them as more alternative than grunge.  Fash mentioned that they had a glam element which was true, but i don't associate glam with grunge ...

The Stone Temple Pilots were a difficult band to categorize the shark hunter.