The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Shrimp - slave labour :(

Started by asal, December 15, 2015, 07:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Annie

If the meat is grey, I tend to not buy it....
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"If the meat is grey, I tend to not buy it....

I should hope not. I got into buying organic, free range elk of a nearby farmer a few years ago. OMIGAWD is it good. We buy free range chickens, wild boar and buzzards too.

Annie

My brother and sister in law have built a coop and now have 3 egg laying hens.  I wish I could but we're not allowed in my city :(
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"My brother and sister in law have built a coop and now have 3 egg laying hens.  I wish I could but we're not allowed in my city :(

Yeah, that's not allowed in Edmonton either. How fucking stupid. We're talking about laying hens, not a noisy rooster.

Annie

If I ever win the lottery I'm buying a farm.

Anonymous

I love chickens. They Crack me up.

Annie

Annie

How many eggs does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None. Eggs don't have hands.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "GrAnnie"There's a new butcher's shop in town and it's all grain fed, ethical, local etc. It costs a little more but it's high quality and they cut it up for you on the spot.  We had some hamburger from it and it was really good.

we have a Farm Fresh Meat shop next to the cattle auction in the town next to us. its the best place to buy meat if you want it fresh. some ppl avoid it though because you can hear the cows going in and ppl 'working'.... lol.... they still do alot of business. they'll even process ppls deer and boars.... had a job there for a bit but customer relations isn't my strongest attribute.... lol....

unrelated, i believe a few years ago the UK was selling horse meat in a few places and calling it beef. a girl i posted with had a thred about it. a few ppl backed up her claim but i wasn't concerned enough to search it....

Renee

Quote from: "deadskinmask"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"There's a new butcher's shop in town and it's all grain fed, ethical, local etc. It costs a little more but it's high quality and they cut it up for you on the spot.  We had some hamburger from it and it was really good.

we have a Farm Fresh Meat shop next to the cattle auction in the town next to us. its the best place to buy meat if you want it fresh. some ppl avoid it though because you can hear the cows going in and ppl 'working'.... lol.... they still do alot of business. they'll even process ppls deer and boars.... had a job there for a bit but customer relations isn't my strongest attribute.... lol....

unrelated, i believe a few years ago the UK was selling horse meat in a few places and calling it beef. a girl i posted with had a thred about it. a few ppl backed up her claim but i wasn't concerned enough to search it....

In the UK they also sold beef infected with mad cow disease or what Dawn French referred to as "the wobbly cows".  :laugh3:

So horse meat doesn't sound so bad.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

deadskinmask

i'd try any kind of meat. but horse just sounds like it would be tough and bland. i guess as a burger, it would be okay. i dunno.... i draw the line on guts. some things just need to go in the fuckin trash....

Renee

Quote from: "deadskinmask"i'd try any kind of meat. but horse just sounds like it would be tough and bland. i guess as a burger, it would be okay. i dunno.... i draw the line on guts. some things just need to go in the fuckin trash....

I hear horse isn't that bad. As with all meat I suppose it depends on the age of the animal, how it is slaughtered and the cut.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

My husband's family is from the Netherlands and horse meat is not unusual to them..

I have tried it too, but it is not one of my favourites.

Anonymous

Have you ever had dog skinny? It's deeeeelishus. ac_dance

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Have you ever had dog skinny? It's deeeeelishus. ac_dance

:punish: