The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Homelessness? Breach of the Charter?

Started by RW, January 07, 2016, 03:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I believe it was the Catholic Parish that helped to set this sanctuary city concept up. Lots of Latinos came north to work in the 90s. They were not ever arrested, unless a crime was committed. Related to the Homeless, I really do t know. It just kind of carried over. Clearly the Bay Area is a liberal place. Marin is a liberal place enhabited by folks with means. I think many are in denial about it, and maybe used to it. When I go back, I sometimes stay with my ex wife. She is aware of it, but doesn't seem to bother her. She lives in a nice neighborhood. I remember the last time I was back getting some money at an ATM machine down town. 3 homeless creeps looking over my shoulder. Weird huh?

Hawaii has a big homeless problem too. What an expensive place to live. SF is too of course.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I believe it was the Catholic Parish that helped to set this sanctuary city concept up. Lots of Latinos came north to work in the 90s. They were not ever arrested, unless a crime was committed. Related to the Homeless, I really do t know. It just kind of carried over. Clearly the Bay Area is a liberal place. Marin is a liberal place enhabited by folks with means. I think many are in denial about it, and maybe used to it. When I go back, I sometimes stay with my ex wife. She is aware of it, but doesn't seem to bother her. She lives in a nice neighborhood. I remember the last time I was back getting some money at an ATM machine down town. 3 homeless creeps looking over my shoulder. Weird huh?

Hawaii has a big homeless problem too. What an expensive place to live. SF is too of course.

If a person can make a couple of hundred panhandling who's not the type who can hold a job, why not? There are two really nice parks in town, however you'd not want to take a stroll after dark through either one of them. Funny, in 3rd world countries one sees poverty, but rarely homelessness.

RW

Do you think someone should be responsible for ensuring these folks have a place to sleep?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

If a person can make a couple of hundred panhandling who's not the type who can hold a job, why not? There are two really nice parks in town, however you'd not want to take a stroll after dark through either one of them. Funny, in 3rd world countries one sees poverty, but rarely homelessness.

I have heard stories about professional panhandlers. Guys using wheelchairs, with dogs pretending to be blind, women using a small child as guilt prop. I do not give to any of them. Well no, if someone is honest and says I am short for a bottle I will throw him a twoonie.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Do you think someone should be responsible for ensuring these folks have a place to sleep?

If they are making two hundred bones a day like Twenty Dollars says, they do have a place to sleep. Probably a nice one too.

RW

I won't give anything to people on the streets any more.  The last guy I did, hugged me and kissed my neck with his frothy mouth.  That was the end of that for me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I won't give anything to people on the streets any more.  The last guy I did, hugged me and kissed my neck with his frothy mouth.  That was the end of that for me.

Ugly old farts like me do not have to worry about that ac_toofunny

I will give a little money if there is honesty. Bullshit me and you can talk to the hand.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "RW"Do you think someone should be responsible for ensuring these folks have a place to sleep?

My answer would be no.

RW

I think there is a solution somewhere here.  I think it should be that homeless people should be allowed to set up temp shelters (tents) between certain hours in certain places.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I think there is a solution somewhere here.  I think it should be that homeless people should be allowed to set up temp shelters (tents) between certain hours in certain places.

As long as it's not on my land.

Anonymous

Independence is valued in this culture.

Anonymous

I say yes, but questions like who, how, how much I don't know.

easter bunny

Quote from: "Fashionista"

That's a very good point. It's almost like a communism/capitalism thing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

That's a very good point. It's almost like a communism/capitalism thing.

Families are interdependent in most of the world, but not here..

Not having a home means you are ostracized by your family in most of the world.

easter bunny

Dysfunctional seems to be the norm here. =P