Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

You are being watched..

Started by easter bunny, January 08, 2016, 11:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"They just have algorhythms they use and they follow up any complaints.  What you see here is public information.

Any idea why I keep getting ads about self publishing when I only ever mentioned it on the telephone?

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "RW"They just have algorhythms they use and they follow up any complaints.  What you see here is public information.

Any idea why I keep getting ads about self publishing when I only ever mentioned it on the telephone?

ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Would CSIS operate the computers..

My brother doesn't often talk about specifics of his job.

My brother is an RCMP cop, my brother is an RCMP cop. Oh brother. :001_rolleyes:

I suppose I do put that out there more than what is necessary.

ac_unsure

And you are right, I am very proud of him.

easter bunny

ac_wot

That's just what I thought too. wtf?  ac_wot

Anonymous

ac_wot

Is there anyone else you know this has happened to easter bunny?

Nobody has mentioned it to me, but maybe I should bring up the subject around friends, family and co workers.

easter bunny

ac_wot

Nobody has mentioned it to me, but maybe I should bring up the subject around friends, family and co workers.

I've never told anyone about it until now. You could just mention it and see what they say.

Anonymous

ac_wot

I've never told anyone about it until now. You could just mention it and see what they say.

That's what I was thinking I will do.

RW

It happens to me too Fash.  I talk about something then I get ads for it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"It happens to me too Fash.  I talk about something then I get ads for it.

I haven't heard anything about it yet from people I know, but I will be careful what I say.

RW

I just find it a strange coincidence but it's just advertising.  The average intelligence agency or whoever else is listening isn't interested in our everyday chats.  They just want to make a buck.

I don't worry about things like that knowing the sheer volume of useless data there is to sort through.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I just find it a strange coincidence but it's just advertising.  The average intelligence agency or whoever else is listening isn't interested in our everyday chats.  They just want to make a buck.

I don't worry about things like that knowing the sheer volume of useless data there is to sort through.

As long as it does not go any further than advertising junk.

Bricktop

Frankly, I have no issue with being monitored. I break no laws. However, I do believe that if government's monitor us, there should be an INDEPENDENT monitor of them...a judge nominated by Parliament to oversee all agencies involved in monitoring public communications.

We should also be made aware of the rules and policies applied. As Edward Snowdon's expose informed us, the American government downright lied about the level of spying it was undertaking within its own nation...let alone any other.

Our privacy will be compromised to provide us a greater degree of safety and security. Thus we need safeguards to ensure that our private communications that do NOT breach any law, or are snared by security policies and procedures are sacrosanct. Any disclosure of private information that has no bearing on national security should be punished severely.

RW

Getting upset about spying on other nations is ridiculous IMHO.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Getting upset about spying on other nations is ridiculous IMHO.

All countries do it, don't they?

Bricktop

If they are smart they do.

I have it on solid reliability that Australia closely monitors Canada. We have heard your crawling with ices...