The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Smacking the brats.

Started by Bricktop, March 21, 2016, 08:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Unless a teacher has to physically restrain a child for safety reasons, there should be no touching in that manner.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Unless a teacher has to physically restrain a child for safety reasons, there should be no touching in that manner.

No school board in Canada allows corporal punishment anymore do they?

Bricktop

Smacking a child by a teacher was NEVER legal. It was considered acceptable.

But it will never be re-introduced. Imagine caning girls.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Smacking a child by a teacher was NEVER legal. It was considered acceptable.

I remember getting the strap in primary school. That practice is long gone now.

Bricktop

What I've often wondered is where did those teachers get their canes?

Was their a Teacher's Emporium somewhere, where cane's were sold?

A black market for canes?

"How much is that cane, Emilio?"

"Oh, sir, that cane is $200...but it is top of the line. You can raise some lovely welts on hand or bottom with just a flick of the wrist. For you I will throw in the velvet handle...very soft...very nice..."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"What I've often wondered is where did those teachers get their canes?

Was their a Teacher's Emporium somewhere, where cane's were sold?

A black market for canes?

"How much is that cane, Emilio?"

"Oh, sir, that cane is $200...but it is top of the line. You can raise some lovely welts on hand or bottom with just a flick of the wrist. For you I will throw in the velvet handle...very soft...very nice..."

It was thick black piece of leather they used in Saskatchewan. I never seen it anywhere else except in primary schools all those decades ago.

Bricktop

See!!! Who makes these instruments of child torture???

Mona

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Smacking a child by a teacher was NEVER legal. It was considered acceptable.

When I was in year 4 we had a teacher banned from punishing girls with his cane after the parents of a student had objected to him caning her about the legs. He was still allowed to hit the boys, but not long after that it was decided that only the principal could administer the cane.

Bricktop

Well, I would consider e-instating corporal punishment if it included girls.

That will never happen...so its a dead issue.

Only...how come you LIKE being spanked?

Mona

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Well, I would consider e-instating corporal punishment if it included girls.

I was punished as a child with a leather belt.   I quickly realised that spanking was a lesser punishment, than being grounded.   And I use other forms of punishment on my boys. Mainly because one of them has not only stamped my wooden spoon with his name, but also brought one to me when he was three and asked me to spank him rather than send him to bed. Needless to say, he was sent to bed. Without a spanking.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"

When I was in year 4 we had a teacher banned from punishing girls with his cane after the parents of a student had objected to him caning her about the legs. He was still allowed to hit the boys, but not long after that it was decided that only the principal could administer the cane.

We had paddling in primary school up to about the age of 10..

My children attend a private Christian school that still has it for very young children, but uses it sparingly.

Renee

When I went to Catholic school the nuns were particularly fond of whacking us with wooden rulers. Today if anyone were to lay hands on one of my kids, their lifeless body would be found in the weeds somewhere along the NJ Turnpike.

I've never had to use corporeal punishment on any of my daughters. A couple of them came close but thankfully they had enough sense not to push it.

As for when I was going up, I can only remember one time when my parents hit any of us. It was me, (surprise) I was 16 and I more than deserved it. Looking back they probably should have beat the fuck out of us. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"When I went to Catholic school the nuns were particularly fond of whacking us with wooden rulers. Today if anyone were to lay hands on one of my kids, their lifeless body would be found in the weeds somewhere along the NJ Turnpike.

I've never had to use corporeal punishment on any of my daughters. A couple of them came close but thankfully they had enough sense not to push it.

As for when I was going up, I can only remember one time when my parents hit any of us. It was me, (surprise) I was 16 and I more than deserved it. Looking back they probably should have beat the fuck out of us. :laugh3:

Sixteen is far too old for physical discipline.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"When I went to Catholic school the nuns were particularly fond of whacking us with wooden rulers. Today if anyone were to lay hands on one of my kids, their lifeless body would be found in the weeds somewhere along the NJ Turnpike.

Sixteen is far too old for physical discipline.

There is a story behind it which I will not relate here but rest assured I deserved what I got. My parents were not the kind to smack their kids under any circumstance.

In fact my dad has a extreme aversion to physically punishing kids. As a child he was beaten with a belt and other diabolical shit regularly. Judging from the stories l've heard, what he and his brothers endured was full on abuse. He still has faint scares on his shoulders from being whipped with a switch. His father was an abusive alcoholic who beat his wife and kids just for the hell of it. My dad swore that if and when he had children, he would raise them without the threat of physical violence and he did. I'm the only one of the three of us that pushed him enough to get clocked.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Well, I would consider e-instating corporal punishment if it included girls.

I was punished as a child with a leather belt.   I quickly realised that spanking was a lesser punishment, than being grounded.   And I use other forms of punishment on my boys. Mainly because one of them has not only stamped my wooden spoon with his name, but also brought one to me when he was three and asked me to spank him rather than send him to bed. Needless to say, he was sent to bed. Without a spanking.

My dad is old school Korean. Belts, electric cords and even golf clubs were common attitude adjustment tools in my upbringing. I'm surprised I like golf so much.