The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Why is Everything So Small?

Started by Annie, April 11, 2016, 01:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Annie

For the most part everywhere when I shop or look online for deals there's usually a problem with finding my size. I'm a medium or even a large depending on where it's made. Whenever I'm shopping for a shirt, dress, shoes etc everything is mostly small. It's pretty rare to find a good deal on an actual proper size.  If it says medium, it's still fits like a small! I'll be browsing a rack of nice tops on sale and what do ya know? All the "normal" sizes are all gone, of course. Usually all that's left are size friggin barbie doll!  :t1929:  Same thing for shoes, there's dozens of a certain shoe in size 7 or 8 and even a few in 9 but try to find a size 10? It's a hit and miss finding a size 10 in a shoe I actually like  acc_angry
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

It's because they are popular sizes.

I feel your pain Annie!
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

Also the clothes are made by 10 year old slaves so what you call small actually looks like extra large to them.   ac_unsure

Annie

If fabric wasn't so damn expensive now I'd make my own darn clothes.  :sad:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"Also the clothes are made by 10 year old slaves so what you call small actually looks like extra large to them.   ac_unsure

What country is that happening in easter bunny? My understand is that China has cracked down on small factories using child labour. I do not know about the other big garment making nations such as Bangladesh. It would not surprise me if they are using kiddie labour.

RW

Quote from: "GrAnnie"If fabric wasn't so damn expensive now I'd make my own darn clothes.  :sad:

Isn't that sad that it costs more to make clothes than buy them?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "GrAnnie"For the most part everywhere when I shop or look online for deals there's usually a problem with finding my size. I'm a medium or even a large depending on where it's made. Whenever I'm shopping for a shirt, dress, shoes etc everything is mostly small. It's pretty rare to find a good deal on an actual proper size.  If it says medium, it's still fits like a small! I'll be browsing a rack of nice tops on sale and what do ya know? All the "normal" sizes are all gone, of course. Usually all that's left are size friggin barbie doll!  :t1929:  Same thing for shoes, there's dozens of a certain shoe in size 7 or 8 and even a few in 9 but try to find a size 10? It's a hit and miss finding a size 10 in a shoe I actually like  acc_angry

I have the same problem in plus sizes. I'm right in the most popular size category. I can find tons of stuff bigger or smaller but in my size, the selection is always limited. When I was much heavier I had a better chance of finding what I need,....go figure.

That's why I do most of my clothes shopping online. I have a better chance of finding what I want in stock but then I run the risk of not having it not fit right and then I have to go to the store and return it. So it's a pain in the ass either way.

As for shoes, I generally don't have a problem. A 61/2w or 7 is easy to find.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Blurt

You folks don't know the trouble I've seen.  :laugh:
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

The old lady is small, but curvy. She says the small sizes in Saskatchewan are for little boys. No room for hips.

Anonymous

I like wearing tight jeans, but it's difficult because I have 40 inch hips and a small waist. Well, I did nine months ago.

RW

Quote from: "Blurt"You folks don't know the trouble I've seen.  :laugh:

Touché!
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"I like wearing tight jeans, but it's difficult because I have 40 inch hips and a small waist. Well, I did nine months ago.

Jeggings FTW!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I like wearing tight jeans, but it's difficult because I have 40 inch hips and a small waist. Well, I did nine months ago.

Jeggings FTW!

Not right now.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

Jeggings FTW!

:thumbup:

Beats the hell out of mom jeans.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.