Replies: 10414
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 22, 2024, 08:17:40 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

flooding in Houston, I hope kiebers is safe and sound

Started by Anonymous, April 18, 2016, 09:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

kiebers

Fortunately we only got about a half an inch. I can tell there was thunder. Dog has a new security spot. She pushed all kinds of stuff out of the way to get to the back of the closet under the wife's clothes.

Quote from: "kiebers"And this is heading our way now. Don't need this. The pointer is my area.

">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"And this is heading our way now. Don't need this. The pointer is my area.

">
Oh no, another one.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"That was Hurricane Ike in 2008 just to clarify.

What was the name of that hurricane kiebers?

Hurricane Ike

Back to the present.....

This is not very far at all from my house, half mile or so. I live off of the Jones Rd he is paddling down, but I am much higher. This is a few blocks from Cypress Creek which is well over its banks for quite a few miles. More rain coming today. Gonna be an expensive flood for both property and life. Death count is up to 8. Schools are still closed.

">https://www.facebook.com/Norchester77070/videos/1677311999200433/
This reminds me of the Southern Alberta floods..

We live close to the river but on the higher North side..

We didn't think we would have to evacuate, but we did for a few days..

Our basement and garage suffered the most damage..

I hope you have no damage to your house kiebers.

kiebers

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "kiebers"That was Hurricane Ike in 2008 just to clarify.

What was the name of that hurricane kiebers?

Hurricane Ike

Back to the present.....

This is not very far at all from my house, half mile or so. I live off of the Jones Rd he is paddling down, but I am much higher. This is a few blocks from Cypress Creek which is well over its banks for quite a few miles. More rain coming today. Gonna be an expensive flood for both property and life. Death count is up to 8. Schools are still closed.

">https://www.facebook.com/Norchester77070/videos/1677311999200433/
This reminds me of the Southern Alberta floods..

We live close to the river but on the higher North side..

We didn't think we would have to evacuate, but we did for a few days..

Our basement and garage suffered the most damage..

I hope you have no damage to your house kiebers.
So far no. But we just had another storm hit and there were some fairly high winds, probably 50 mph(80 kph). At work now so don't know if anything was damaged today. Boss has a creek in his back yard and said it was rising extremely fast.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

QuoteBoss has a creek in his back yard and said it was rising extremely fast.

:ohmy:

kiebers

It didn't get close to his house. Due to the super soaked ground it went up fast but it also drained off fairly quick. Our county flood warning system has a map that shows rainfall amounts for different areas of Houston/Harris county. If you go there you can select the different times to see what the totals were. Only because they don't have a 4 day selection choose 7 days to see the totals. Closest to my house is 14.36 inches and most of that dropped in 2-3 hours.

http://www.harriscountyfws.org/">http://www.harriscountyfws.org/

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"It didn't get close to his house. Due to the super soaked ground it went up fast but it also drained off fairly quick. Our county flood warning system has a map that shows rainfall amounts for different areas of Houston/Harris county. If you go there you can select the different times to see what the totals were. Only because they don't have a 4 day selection choose 7 days to see the totals. Closest to my house is 14.36 inches and most of that dropped in 2-3 hours.

http://www.harriscountyfws.org/">http://www.harriscountyfws.org/

Thank you kiebers, I will look at it another time.

ac_smile

kiebers

Can't seem to catch a break. Bad enough it is going to take 4-6 weeks to drain off flooded areas,  now we get this for tonight....

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Can't seem to catch a break. Bad enough it is going to take 4-6 weeks to drain off flooded areas,  now we get this for tonight....

">
Oh no kiebers.

:sad:

kiebers

Not a great evening to celebrate the wife's birthday...LOL  

Dog will be going apeshit and it will be all we can do to keep her from clawing us bloody.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Not a great evening to celebrate the wife's birthday...LOL  

Dog will be going apeshit and it will be all we can do to keep her from clawing us bloody.

Happy birthday to your wife kiebers.

ac_smile

http://happybirthdaycakepic.com/pic-preview/My%20Lovely%20%20Wife/23/red-rose-birthday-cake-for-My%20Lovely%20%20Wife.jpg">

kiebers

Renee

Aw poor thing....ever try a low dose of phenobarbital....I mean for the dog.  ac_biggrin

Your vet can prescribe it and it does help. I have a dog that needs it during storms and on the 4th of July. It prevents a 50lb Keeshond from trying to sit on my head during T-storms.  :7283gm_th:

BTW, Happy Birthday to your wife. :happybday:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

kiebers

Quote from: "Renee"

Aw poor thing....ever try a low dose of phenobarbital....I mean for the dog.  ac_biggrin

Your vet can prescribe it and it does help. I have a dog that needs it during storms and on the 4th of July. It prevents a 50lb Keeshond from trying to sit on my head during T-storms.  :7283gm_th:

BTW, Happy Birthday to your wife. :happybday:

Thank you

Yes we were talking about doggie downers the other night...LOL  They also make a "thundershirt" but don't think that would work. Honey is about 75 lbs and trying to sit on my head is common in these storms...LOL

Anonymous

You can always celebrate tomorrow.