Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

Woman suing Starbucks, after discovering Ice in her Iced Coffee

Started by Anonymous, May 04, 2016, 01:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Would be cool to go to a place and tell them to use the 32 oz cup but charge the 16oz price, not realistic but cool.

Doesn't really matter to me. Not a good lawsuit.

Not a Starbucks customer. Can't see paying that kind of money. I can make a pot of coffee here at home for 60 cents. If I want a special blend it may go to 75-80 cents. I can almost make 5 pots for the price of their cheapest, and 8 pots with their most expensive. I have no idea how the prices north of the border compare.

The wife and I were doing some price comparisons to what they buy at work in the little packets as opposed to the large canister. Large canister very cheap compared to the packets. That's why I knew the prices...LOL

I understand everything you said kiebers..

Sometimes I like to meet my girlfriends at coffee shops like Starbucks..

They are nice places to relax and talk.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"How would I be getting ripped off?

I am aware of the contents of the drinks I purchase..

And with Starbucks, they will make you another if you are not satisfied.

You're paying over $5 for a cup of ice with a splash of coffee.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Not to beat this dead horse again, but you're paying over five bucks for the privilege (dubious or not) of meeting your pals at Starbuck's to sit and visit and sip on something of your own choosing.

Twenty Dollars

Amazing this thread went 6 pages. Does anyone really care? Last time I was at Starbucks was at the Houston airport. A bunch of people lined up buying the weird coffee drinks and swiping their credit cards. Is this a N. American ritual? Everyone tells me Peets is a lot better. i like coffee with a shot of Remey Martin

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"

Not to beat this dead horse again, but you're paying over five bucks for the privilege (dubious or not) of meeting your pals at Starbuck's to sit and visit and sip on something of your own choosing.

Of course Peaches..

I could go to Tim Horton's, pay less  and sit at their uncomfortable tables, but it would be a short visit with my friends..

Cheaper yet would be to go to 7-11, buy cheap drinks and sit in the parking lot with my friends while fending off panhandlers..

You get what you pay for.

Anonymous

A Starbuck's dark roast is about 70 cents more than Tim Horton's. If they are side by side, I am going to Starbuck's because it tastes better. If my little family owned Italian cafe and bakery is within 5 km, I am going to that. It charges more than Starbuck's again, but I don't care. To me it is worth it.

Renee

There is a local convenience store that has decent coffee and a good cappuccino. They are cheaper than Starbucks by almost a dollar and their coffee lacks that burnt ashtray taste that Starbucks always leaves in my mouth.

To me Starbucks Coffee tastes like ass and it gives me the caffeine shakes.

Given a choice I'll drink Dunkin Donuts coffee or even the coffee at McDonald's before anything from Starsucks.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"There is a local convenience store that has decent coffee and a good cappuccino. They are cheaper than Starbucks by almost a dollar and their coffee lacks that burnt ashtray taste that Starbucks always leaves in my mouth.

Given a choice I'll drink Dunkin Donuts coffee or even the coffee at McDonald's before anything from Starsucks.

Anything sold in a Dunkin Donuts is not meant for human consumption in my opinion. Mickey D's is improving, I will admit that. Gas station coffee for the most part is just coloured hot water.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Renee"There is a local convenience store that has decent coffee and a good cappuccino. They are cheaper than Starbucks by almost a dollar and their coffee lacks that burnt ashtray taste that Starbucks always leaves in my mouth.

Anything sold in a Dunkin Donuts is not meant for human consumption in my opinion. Mickey D's is improving, I will admit that. Gas station coffee for the most part is just coloured hot water.

Actually a few years ago Consumer Reports ran a taste and McDonald's beat out Starsucks and Dunkin Donuts came in second. In fact they said Starbucks tastes every bit as bad and burnt as I think it does.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Twenty Dollars

Correcto. Good post.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Actually a few years ago Consumer Reports ran a taste and McDonald's beat out Starsucks and Dunkin Donuts came in second. In fact they said Starbucks tastes every bit as bad and burnt as I think it does.

Since everyone has different tastebuds, I would not put much stock in that..

Some people like strong coffee, some like weak coffee and some like dark and some like medium roasts..

If someone has a different opinion than the majority they don't care about taste tests Consumer Reports conducted.

Blurt

Quote from: "RW"Psssssst....this is a DISCUSSION forum.  It works better when people DISCUSS things.

That's debatable.

ac_biggrin
Aimin\' to misbehave.

RW

Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "RW"Psssssst....this is a DISCUSSION forum.  It works better when people DISCUSS things.

That's debatable.

ac_biggrin

Oh hush you!

Hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"

Since everyone has different tastebuds, I would not put much stock in that..

Some people like strong coffee, some like weak coffee and some like dark and some like medium roasts..

If someone has a different opinion than the majority they don't care about taste tests Consumer Reports conducted.

Bullshit, taste is taste. It either taste like good coffee or it doesn't. I would argue that nobody really likes dishwater coffee and the majority of people don't like very strong burnt tasting coffee either.

I would even go so far to say about half the people or more who frequent Starbucks don't really like the coffee....they just like being seen with a cup that has the Starbucks logo on it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Peaches"

Of course Peaches..

I could go to Tim Horton's, pay less  and sit at their uncomfortable tables, but it would be a short visit with my friends..

Cheaper yet would be to go to 7-11, buy cheap drinks and sit in the parking lot with my friends while fending off panhandlers..

You get what you pay for.

That's no different than some upscale bars that charge more for bottles of beer and certain drinks. At my age, I do not give a damn about that. I like local pubs and sports bars.