Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Woman suing Starbucks, after discovering Ice in her Iced Coffee

Started by Anonymous, May 04, 2016, 01:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"A coffee that has always been a favorite of mine is Gevalia. Their traditional and medium dark roast is very smooth, which in my opinion is paramount when you don't use sweeteners or if you like it black. I order it in K-cup form and take it to work with me. To me it's head and shoulders above, any other brand or chain store offering I've tried.

I like experimenting with different types of coffees for my condo. I bought a Keurig, but I do not use it often.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Renee"A coffee that has always been a favorite of mine is Gevalia. Their traditional and medium dark roast is very smooth, which in my opinion is paramount when you don't use sweeteners or if you like it black. I order it in K-cup form and take it to work with me. To me it's head and shoulders above, any other brand or chain store offering I've tried.

I like experimenting with different types of coffees for my condo. I bought a Keurig, but I do not use it often.

You can't beat a Keurig for convenience and the selection of regular and favored coffee is almost limitless.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Blurt

Two thumbs up on this brand.

Herman might want to look into it, too, as their delivery service is convenient.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

I have two sources for coffee.  One is a very reputable St.Louis roaster who supplies beans in 2# bags with a 10# minimum, so I usually pool orders with one or two friends.  It gets here within 2 days.  He has a very consistent Costa Rican SHB high grown Tarrazu that is lovely with a full city roast, and that will be two-thirds of my order.  The rest is usually an Arabica of some sort...Tanzania or Kenya or whatever sounds good.

My other source is a lady on this side of StLouis who runs a nice restaurant and coffee shop, buys her beans at the wholesale market in StLouis and does her own roasting and blending.  She knows my tastes and will usually have something on hand she can recommend to me.  Last one was an oddball Mexican bean that was smoky and crisp with a medium roast but didn't want more heat than that.  Her minimum is ten pounds, mix and match, and her service is very good.  Often I can find someone I know who's making the StL trip and I can get them to stop in there and pick the beans up for me, to save the shipping cost.

So, I'm happy with this combination of suppliers, about five years into it.

Anonymous

I am not one of those high falutin rednecks. As long as it's strong, dark and served with only a drop of milk I am happy.

Anonymous

Here's a Handrail Alert.  

Drove by a billboard today that said McDonald's (around here, anyway) is now offering a "medium" iced coffee for $1.69.

I haven't looked at the consumer info in the store or on the web site to see what the actual size of a "medium" iced coffee serving is supposed to be.  I'll leave that to the more litigious people who seem to be all over issues like this one.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"Here's a Handrail Alert.  

Drove by a billboard today that said McDonald's (around here, anyway) is now offering a "medium" iced coffee for $1.69.

I haven't looked at the consumer info in the store or on the web site to see what the actual size of a "medium" iced coffee serving is supposed to be.  I'll leave that to the more litigious people who seem to be all over issues like this one.

Another first world problem. :001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

lol Seoul

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

I'm not really a first worlder, so a problem for me it ain't.

RW

I think people are a little more accepting of a glass full of ice when they aren't paying over $5 for it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

I think people are a little more accepting of a glass full of ice when they aren't paying over $5 for it.

I thought it was a matter of principle, and of full disclosure, or something.

RW

The price played a bit part because they cost more than regular hot coffees.

See, this irks me.  People are willing to shit on a case when they don't even know the complaint.
Beware of Gaslighters!

shin

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"There is a local convenience store that has decent coffee and a good cappuccino. They are cheaper than Starbucks by almost a dollar and their coffee lacks that burnt ashtray taste that Starbucks always leaves in my mouth.

To me Starbucks Coffee tastes like ass and it gives me the caffeine shakes.

Given a choice I'll drink Dunkin Donuts coffee or even the coffee at McDonald's before anything from Starsucks.

Anything sold in a Dunkin Donuts is not meant for human consumption in my opinion. Mickey D's is improving, I will admit that. Gas station coffee for the most part is just coloured hot water.

Actually a few years ago Consumer Reports ran a taste and McDonald's beat out Starsucks and Dunkin Donuts came in second. In fact they said Starbucks tastes every bit as bad and burnt as I think it does.

Since everyone has different tastebuds, I would not put much stock in that..

Some people like strong coffee, some like weak coffee and some like dark and some like medium roasts..

If someone has a different opinion than the majority they don't care about taste tests Consumer Reports conducted.

Bullshit, taste is taste. It either taste like good coffee or it doesn't. I would argue that nobody really likes dishwater coffee and the majority of people don't like very strong burnt tasting coffee either.

I would even go so far to say about half the people or more who frequent Starbucks don't really like the coffee....they just like being seen with a cup that has the Starbucks logo on it.

That's an opinion Renee..

My husband likes their dark roast along with Second Cup better than Tim Hortons.

I hate to break the news to you people but Starbucks Coffee is crap. They claim to use Arabica beans exclusively but judging but the caffeine level their coffee has, I have my doubts.

Coffee comes in two varieties, Arabica and Robusta. Robusta beans are less expensive, taste shitty and are much higher in caffeine. They are also darker in color. The reason Starbucks Coffee tastes burnt is because it is. They use a mixture of Arabica and Robusta and roast the beans until they are black or very dark brown.....why.....because burnt beans all taste the same....burnt. When you dark roast coffee beans to the point that Starbucks does you lose all the subtle coffee flavors that good cup of coffee is supposed to have, no matter what kind of beans you use. You are left with nothing but nasty burnt tasting coffee which many people describe as ashy.

I know people's tastes vary but you will never be able to convince me that more than a handful of coffee drinkers enjoy ashy tasting coffee.

Some time in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to buy a bag of beans from Dunkin' Donuts and see if it measures up to what you say. I've heard that most of what they sell is coffee, anyway... probably not without good reason.

I'm open to admitting that chronic Starbucks consumers might have Stockholm syndrome. I've tried several different kinds of Starbucks coffee, and let's just say they're not going to win any contests for flavorful roasts.

Anonymous

Are there any Tim Hortons franchises close to you shin?

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

I am not one of those snooty uptown rednecks that likes paying more for a brand name. I drink cheap dark roast coffee and make it strong the way I like it. I look for the cheapest cup of coffee to go in Kindersley because they all suck.