The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

Miscellaneous Thread Derailment

Started by Twenty Dollars, July 06, 2016, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 35 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quotethat solves nothing.... which is the point i'm making. you're an open board.... anybody who wants to read it, can read it.... if safety is really a concern, lock it the fuck up.... i'm not defending eddie and other stalkers, i'm saying theres not alot that admin can do to stop em....

If there is a stalker in the community and good posters are leaving because of him, he is gone immediately. It is such a no brainer, even a frickin troll like you should be able to grasp that.

jesus fuckin christ. how fuckin stupid are you? its cool, little fella.... skinz won't leave you behind.... now hold my hand, Nancy. i'm gonna walk real slow so you can keep up.... go to the opening page of this forum. look at the very bottom and you should see a section that says 'whos online'.... currently mine says - 6 registered, 3 hidden and 8 guests.... all 8 of those guests are potential stalkers.... reading as they please about everything posted.... nobody is doing shit about it....

now.... i strongly urge you to ask shen what your opinion is before you write something even more idiotic than you have so far.... :laugh:

What the fuck is it with you ladies? This isn't up for discussion. Take it to your gay gossip forums. Fash(you know the admin who doesn't like y'all very much) doesn't want it here. Besides, reading retarded whining guys makes me sick.

Theres a reason why this place is a subforum...

You dont have to come here..

Odinson

Reading Hermans crybaby whining makes me sick. :D

He is one of those faggots who just have to let everybody know that they dont like it there.. :D

A dramaqueen..

Angry White Male

Herman's intentions are good, but they're misplaced and misguided.

He's not the only one though...  This place was originally called the "Retard Rodeo," and was designed to house posters like me.  In fact, I may have been the poster it was designed for, but I can't be sure.

So, this place is full of sub-forums (and idea that I don't like), but the idea is rational...  Keep certain posters/behaviours/ideals in their respective sub-forums.

In theory this works, and works typically better on busier forums.  More often than not, however, those places will have individual Mods policing and assigned to their own "subs"...  And it makes sense to do this that way in their case.  They can't "cross-forum moderate," unless they have Global permissions.

Now, this is my own opinion here...  This place isn't busy enough to have more than one forum.  Period.  However, certain posters wanted multiple Subs, and received them.  So, if that's going to stay, then back to possibly assigning different posters to Moderate different subs might be something an Admin would wish to consider.

This isn't the perfect answer, but would keep, say, one Mod on one half of the board, and a second on the other "half," do to speak.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Shen Li"http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb0707cd20150706092339.jpg">

If only you can find a country now. My old home town SF has its share of Asians. Probably hide there for ever. I understand many do.

Blurt

Says a guy who's never modded a forum in his life.  ac_unsure
Aimin\' to misbehave.

RW

I've been on boards with fewer people and a lot more subforums that workjust fine.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Even boards with over 30 subforums with one person and that creepy old troll Dick Gozinya....just sayin
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Odinson

Quote from: "Blurt"Much better than a Dick Gozinya bottom.  :001_tongue:

Just suck my cock...  ac_biggrin

Blurt

Okay.

Lemme find a glory hole the size of a straw and I'll be right back.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Odinson

Quote from: "Blurt"Okay.

Lemme find a glory hole the size of a straw and I'll be right back.

I bet you know all the best gloryhole places. :D

Blurt

You'd lose.

I didn't even know what a glory hole was until I joined the other forum.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Blurt"Says a guy who's never modded a forum in his life.  ac_unsure

I've actually modded forums before.

DiscoverVancouver being one forum that you may have heard about.

I did the job well, IMHO.  Very few posters, if any, could with legitimate claim, come forth then, or today, and state that I ever abused the panel, or posters.

My job was to enforce the TOS, and to also ensure the board was acceptable to the masses in general.  I have a low tolerance for spam, and always encouraged fresh material.

I don't like cronyism, favouritism, selective moderating, nor anything else of that matter.  Yes, sometimes you make judgement calls, but I can honestly say that I stepped away without regretting any decision.

I've stated this before...  It's not the posters that are the biggest issue...  It's the people that you're moderating with who are.

That's why I will never Mod a forum again...  I see cronyism and selective moderating happening.  It's always happened.  Now, imagine having to "work" with these other mods (cough, Evs, Mimi, et al), and having to sit back and watch them do things that are completely against my own morals and judgements.

Now you can understand why I won't ever do that job again.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview