Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Allegations pile up against Fox News boss

Started by Romero, July 13, 2016, 10:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: "RW"Yes cc, we get it.  Clinton blew a load all over Monica's dress.  What a pig! (Despite her being a willing participant.)

[size=85]*shakes fist*

You and your damn edits![/size]
Sorry - I found that I had already posted it, so deleted the 2nd one - apologies
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

JOE

Quote from: "RW"Yes cc, we get it.  Clinton blew a load all over Monica's dress.  What a pig! (Despite her being a willing participant.)

[size=85]*shakes fist*

You and your damn edits![/size]

Ah...but you see that's the difference.

Clinton could get away with it but Ailes can't.

That's the likely reason Clinton was hated so much by all those angry old men. He had the effortless charm to pull it off and they couldn't.

Romero

Quote from: "Herman"If it was Arianna Huffington's right hand man would Rohomo have posted this? The answer of course is no.

And you would have never posted this thread. So what? You think I'm only going to post threads that meet your approval?

It's starting to sound like you're threatened by a difference in opinion. You don't see me whining about your threads!

JOE

cc

Miss by a mile again Joey- The issue is "getting away with it" .. not "doing it"

Brings up,why was BillyBob not charged under laws he brought in that deal with underlings being taken advantage of?

I guess maybe because the under(the desk)ling and her actual daddy were Demoncrats (daddy a strong insider) and charge must be made by the "victim" ... who in this case of course would not charge their leader?

JOE

Quote from: "RW"I have understood this as being part of show business.  They sell sex and sexy women.  The part where he tries to have sex with them is yucky though.

All media is a joke Renee.

Ailes forgot that he isn't some young junior anymore.

Men in senior positions can't act like that.

Should've gone to some brothel if he really needed to get his rocks off.

Old Men in Senior positions of power who think they are still young and wanna act that way, I call 'The Rob Ford Syndrome'.

....Ya can't go back.

RW

cc, was Monica not a willing participant?  Are these women participants in being sexually harassed because that's not what I'm reading.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

The laws Billybob brought in were for senior positions using that power on others, period

"Willing" does not stop filing charges in a "power" situation ... Ghomeshi  being an example  ... only the "victims" lack of credibility  saved his ass. Blue dress didn't file is the difference.

The current ones do claim harassment / misuse of power as I understand it.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Why don't you stop attacking Romero and address the issue?

Women shouldn't go to work to be sexually harassed.  How does it work when you are hired based on your looks and your body though?

The trouble in Hollywood, you complain and you get shit listed.

You can be outraged all you want but the bottom line is....in show business (which is exactly what cable news is) you get in front of the camera on your looks. Merit has very little to do with it....Ever notice how all the female "journalists" :laugh3:  on TV are all tall, slender and conventionally attractive? Think that's a coincidence?

Even if they don't have two brain cells to rub together, as long as you are cookie cutter beautiful, your in.

If you want to be a player then you have to play the game. A little sexual harassment is all part of it and has been since the advent of public entertainment.

Is it right......he'll no....but it's reality. AND it translates to our everyday life as well. As much as we turn a jaundiced eye toward sexism and gender prejudice, it still exists.

Look at it this way.....hypothetically....if you and I were vying for the same job and we were both equally qualified....who do you think would get considered first? The tall, slender, attractive woman OR the short fat troll?

I'm really tired of the faux outrage regarding sexual harassment, especially since it only comes out to play when one of the so-called "beautiful" people end up as it's target.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Women shouldn't go to work to be sexually harassed.  How does it work when you are hired based on your looks and your body though?

You can be outraged all you want but the bottom line is....in show business (which is exactly what cable news is) you get in front of the camera on your looks. Merit has very little to do with it....Ever notice how all the female "journalists" :laugh3:  on TV are all tall, slender and conventionally attractive? Think that's a coincidence?

Even if they don't have two brain cells to rub together, as long as you are cookie cutter beautiful, your in.

If you want to be a player then you have to play the game. A little sexual harassment is all part of it and has been since the advent of public entertainment.

Is it right......he'll no....but it's reality. AND it translates to our everyday life as well. As much as we turn a jaundiced eye toward sexism and gender prejudice, it still exists.

Look at it this way.....hypothetically....if you and I were vying for the same job and we were both equally qualified....who do you think would get considered first? The tall, slender, attractive woman OR the short fat troll?

I'm really tired of the faux outrage regarding sexual harassment, especially since it only comes out to play when one of the so-called "beautiful" people end up as it's target.

This is going to shock everyone, but I have never been in showbiz.

But, would Rohomo have posted this if something like this happened at Arianna's rag?

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"A little sexual harassment is all part of it and has been since the advent of public entertainment.

What great advice for women getting into journalism. Great advice for men as well, considering you're giving them a free pass to sexually harass.

Is sexual assault just part of it too?

And of course there's sexual harassment everywhere outside of journalism and public entertainment. Are you saying that women should accept sexual harassment, or is it just okay at Fox News?

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"The laws Billybob brought in were for senior positions using that power on others, period

"Willing" does not stop filing charges in a "power" situation ... Ghomeshi  being an example  ... only the "victims" lack of credibility  saved his ass. Blue dress didn't file is the difference.

The current ones do claim harassment / misuse of power as I understand it.

I don't believe the women involved worked under Ghomeshi.  The Ghomeshi case was different in that it also involved physical abuse and the legalities of consenting to willingly allow such abuse.  

Monica Lewinsky was not sexually assaulted.  She was a willing and consenting participant in a sexual act.

The Fox News case is one of employment related sexual harassment.  That's a completely different ball game.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

This is going to shock everyone, but I have never been in showbiz.

But, would Rohomo have posted this if something like this happened at Arianna's rag?

Herman, do you have anything to contribute to this debate aside from shitting on Romero?  If not, start a thread in RR.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

I'm not really all that outraged.  I find it hard to consider the second quote in the OP to be sexual harassment.  That's the quote that talks about their bodies, what they wear, etc.  They were hired as attractive TV personalities.  The network wants to show off what they are paying for.  I get that.

The sleazy "you should have sex with me" shit doesn't fly with me.
Beware of Gaslighters!