Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Allegations pile up against Fox News boss

Started by Romero, July 13, 2016, 10:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Renee"A little sexual harassment is all part of it and has been since the advent of public entertainment.

What great advice for women getting into journalism. Great advice for men as well, considering you're giving them a free pass to sexually harass.

Is sexual assault just part of it too?

And of course there's sexual harassment everywhere outside of journalism and public entertainment. Are you saying that women should accept sexual harassment, or is it just okay at Fox News?

My advice for women who are serious about journalism would be to avoid Fox News because it isn't a fucking news channel.

Now tell me Romero, how do you avoid comments about body and image in an industry that hires for it?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"Why don't you stop attacking Romero and address the issue?

Women shouldn't go to work to be sexually harassed.  How does it work when you are hired based on your looks and your body though?

The trouble in Hollywood, you complain and you get shit listed.

You can be outraged all you want but the bottom line is....in show business (which is exactly what cable news is) you get in front of the camera on your looks. Merit has very little to do with it....Ever notice how all the female "journalists" :laugh3:  on TV are all tall, slender and conventionally attractive? Think that's a coincidence?

Even if they don't have two brain cells to rub together, as long as you are cookie cutter beautiful, your in.

If you want to be a player then you have to play the game. A little sexual harassment is all part of it and has been since the advent of public entertainment.

Is it right......he'll no....but it's reality. AND it translates to our everyday life as well. As much as we turn a jaundiced eye toward sexism and gender prejudice, it still exists.

Look at it this way.....hypothetically....if you and I were vying for the same job and we were both equally qualified....who do you think would get considered first? The tall, slender, attractive woman OR the short fat troll?

I'm really tired of the faux outrage regarding sexual harassment, especially since it only comes out to play when one of the so-called "beautiful" people end up as it's target.

This is going to shock everyone, but I have never been in showbiz.

But, would Rohomo have posted this if something like this happened at Arianna's rag?

Herman, do you have anything to contribute to this debate aside from shitting on Romero?  If not, start a thread in RR.

I don't see anything wrong with calling out Romero's motivation for posting this crap?

Not sure why you do.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Why does Romero do what he's always done?  Let's beat that dead horse to death some more.  We know why he posts it.  It's something of interest to him.  Why ruin every thread with this needless shit?

God I'm getting tired of this place.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"My advice for women who are serious about journalism would be to avoid Fox News because it isn't a fucking news channel.

Now tell me Romero, how do you avoid comments about body and image in an industry that hires for it?

There are going to be comments and emphasis on body image, but I think we can draw a line when it comes to sexual harassment and assault.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"I don't see anything wrong with calling out Romero's motivation for posting this crap?

Curses! My motivation has been called out! My plan is foiled once again!

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"A little sexual harassment is all part of it and has been since the advent of public entertainment.

What great advice for women getting into journalism. Great advice for men as well, considering you're giving them a free pass to sexually harass.

Is sexual assault just part of it too?

And of course there's sexual harassment everywhere outside of journalism and public entertainment. Are you saying that women should accept sexual harassment, or is it just okay at Fox News?

Oh here is waving his vagina around again.....

We've been over this with you before and again, there is no need for annoying male feminists like you to champion women's issues.

Now, did I say it was right that women should be harassed in the workplace or anywhere for that matter?.....NO I didn't.....but what I did say is that it's a fact of this world and people need to be prepared for it, especially in industries where physical appearance is a qualification of employment.

Get a clue, Mr. Media Matters.....we are all well aware of the sleazy agenda you subscribe to.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

cc

Hey. He's saving us poor females from ........... Give me a moment .. It'll come to me
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "RW"My advice for women who are serious about journalism would be to avoid Fox News because it isn't a fucking news channel.

There are going to be comments and emphasis on body image, but I think we can draw a line when it comes to sexual harassment and assault.

You OP kind of covered both so where is the line?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Why does Romero do what he's always done?  Let's beat that dead horse to death some more.  We know why he posts it.  It's something of interest to him.  Why ruin every thread with this needless shit?

God I'm getting tired of this place.

Ever think that a few of us might be sick of his crap. Yes he has been doing this for a long time and I doubt it's just a matter of interest to him. He is a rabid foaming at the mouth prog. He cites shit from every far left source he can find including that scummy MMFA, especially on the subject of Fox News and it shows off his true colors.

Frankly this unethical and weird obsession some of his most used sources have with Fox is beyond ridiculous. In fact, the so-called war that MMFA has with Fox has been criticized from every corner of the journalistic world. The truth is all of Romero's sources are nothing but leftwing political shills. The worst being MMFA as it is a fraud of an organization. It has achieved tax exempt status by claiming it is an educational organization but in reality it is a scumbag far left hatchet wielding bunch of garbage. Worst of all they unabashedly flaunt there political agenda and are protected under the skirt of the Obama admin.

So don't try to lecture me on what part of this bullshit I should be critical of. Sexual harassment is wrong but bringing it under the spotlight to satisfy a petty agenda is just as wrong.

Romero

Quote from: "RW"You OP kind of covered both so where is the line?

It's one thing to insist that your employees dress sexy, but employees shouldn't have to endure years of sexual harassment and humiliation.

The line is when it gets personal. Some women allege they were pressured into sexual favours for employment.

JOE

For all the women who are currently accusing Roger Ailes for harassment, just think how many of them he's actually banged and got away with. Even married women who did it to get ahead & their spouses consented so they could food on the table ("Please understand hubby. Its for both of us and Johnny and Janey. We need this job!") I bet a lot of them don't wanna talk for fear if found out, their careers would tainted or in jeopardy.

"Ewww, you mean you slept with that hosebag in order to get that TV News Anchor position at Fox?! You know that Ailes has a bad case of the clap, don't you?"

RW

It's one thing to insist that your employees dress sexy, but employees shouldn't have to endure years of sexual harassment and humiliation.

The line is when it gets personal. Some women allege they were pressured into sexual favours for employment.

That's not OK.
Beware of Gaslighters!

JOE

Quote from: "RW"

That's not OK.

And I bet a lot of 'em took the bait.

JOE

This time I'll agree with Romero.

Roger Ailes is a complete hosebag and he deserves what's comin' to 'im.

Romero

QuoteFormer Fox News commentator sentenced to prison for faking CIA ties

A man who has appeared on Fox News as a guest "terrorism analyst" was sentenced to 33 months in prison on Friday on charges that he fraudulently claimed to have been a CIA agent for decades, U.S. prosecutors said.

Wayne Simmons, 62, of Annapolis, Maryland, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement.

"Wayne Simmons is a fraud. Simmons has no military or intelligence background, or any skills relevant to the positions he attained through his fraud," said Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia.

Simmons had appeared on Fox News, a unit of 21st Century Fox and the top-ranked U.S. cable television news network, as an unpaid guest analyst on terrorism since 2002.

A grand jury indicted him in October for portraying himself as an "Outside Paramilitary Special Operations Officer" for the Central Intelligence Agency from 1973 to 2000.

Instead of working for the CIA, Simmons' jobs during that period included nightclub doorman, bookie, manager of a rent-by-the-hour hot tub business, mortgage broker and defensive back for the National Football League's New Orleans Saints, the statement said.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/former-fox-news-commentator-sentenced-to-prison-for-faking-cia-ties/">//http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/former-fox-news-commentator-sentenced-to-prison-for-faking-cia-ties/